Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221683 times)

Betakta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.16 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2018, 12:39:53 pm »

No worries, the updated link boots just fine now.

Did some very basic testing to see if I could proc the recruitment bug again on the new 4.12.16 link, but after 100 scheduled meetings (and more "whatever [turns away]" responses than I care to count) it seems like no pitches cause a crash any more. Tested in the Downtown apartments with a fresh, All-E founder on the no-music version.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:44:22 pm by Betakta »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2018, 01:56:08 pm »

No worries, the updated link boots just fine now.

Did some very basic testing to see if I could proc the recruitment bug again on the new 4.12.16 link, but after 100 scheduled meetings (and more "whatever [turns away]" responses than I care to count) it seems like no pitches cause a crash any more. Tested in the Downtown apartments with a fresh, All-E founder on the no-music version.
Glad to hear it. :D :D
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Hertz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2018, 05:05:11 pm »

Ive got a bug to report for the latest version. The Seattle condo landlord doesn't have an option for renting or canceling a room.
EDIT: After purchasing a room. There is no option to stop renting a room in any of the apartments or projects (this is in national LCS mode)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:03:06 pm by Hertz »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.17 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2018, 08:50:26 am »

Also had issues with the loot piles left by dead enemies, namely there wasn't any loot in them. Upon killing an enemy the pile would drop as normal (placing a magenta "LOOT!" tile above the squad), but picking it up didn't add anything to the squad's inventory on-site, nor the inventory of their hideout post-mission. Doesn't seem related to method of death or npc type, as I've tried sneak attacks on Deathsquad officers, blasting security guards with a shotgun, even getting NPCs enlightened through music to punch and/or shoot their buddies. I also tried killing multiple enemy spawns on the same tile, in case it had something to do with tiles not getting updated right away, but nothing I tried seemed to work.
Fixed in 4.12.17
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x31b8l7bit80z7u/LCS%20v4.12.17%20NoMusic.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wrtihyedepphkjc/LCS%20v4.12.17.zip

Ive got a bug to report for the latest version. The Seattle condo landlord doesn't have an option for renting or canceling a room.
EDIT: After purchasing a room. There is no option to stop renting a room in any of the apartments or projects (this is in national LCS mode)
Ah, National LCS.  Fascinating features only half-implemented.  There is a lot to do there, I will investigate.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2018, 04:38:56 pm »

Ah, National LCS.  Fascinating features only half-implemented.  There is a lot to do there, I will investigate.

This is when you see properly done object-oriented programming at the start would have make the work easier.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »

This is when you see properly done object-oriented programming at the start would have make the work easier.
Haha, true enough.
But that's why I'm here.  Turning legacy code into usable code is a valuable skill in computer science.  A skill I intend to master.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting their squads to switch to other safehouses? I can move to the homeless shelters and business fronts, but the option asking why is the squad here doesn't show up for the apartments.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

terrible.telephone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2018, 01:13:51 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting their squads to switch to other safehouses? I can move to the homeless shelters and business fronts, but the option asking why is the squad here doesn't show up for the apartments.
Yes, I am as well. It's been a bug for a while now, the current workaround is to disband the squad, then use T to set new bases for the squadless, W wait a day, then re-make the squad.

Btw, thank you so much for keeping this game alive! I truly appreciate it!

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2018, 02:17:05 pm »

Yes, I am as well. It's been a bug for a while now, the current workaround is to disband the squad, then use T to set new bases for the squadless, W wait a day, then re-make the squad.
Finally tracked down the bug.  A char was being cast into an int, then tested whether it was positive.  I don't really understand why this was the method chosen, but removing the cast fixed it.
"Why is the squad here?   (S)afe House, to cause (T)rouble, or (B)oth?" will now show up for apartments (that have been rented).

Btw, thank you so much for keeping this game alive! I truly appreciate it!
Glad to do it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:14:32 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.18 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2018, 10:41:24 pm »

Thank you for the quick bug fix. Glad you are working on this game.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

nulman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2018, 01:33:42 pm »

so i tried running crimesquad.exe through virus total and several things flag the file as containing a backdoor or "not-a-virus"
i thought to myself that this is probably a strange false positive and started playing anyway.... but then crimesquad tried to use git. whats going on here?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2018, 07:03:40 pm »

so i tried running crimesquad.exe through virus total and several things flag the file as containing a backdoor or "not-a-virus"
i thought to myself that this is probably a strange false positive and started playing anyway.... but then crimesquad tried to use git. whats going on here?
Son of a [pejorative].
My computer has a virus.

Downloads of LCS are on hold until I can reinstall my operating system.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.19 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2018, 11:27:14 pm »

Okay, got a new SSD, and a new copy of Windows 10.
There is no way LCS can possibly have a virus now.
Also, LCS looks weird on Windows 10.
I may have jumped the gun on this upgrade...
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2018, 06:45:22 pm »

Would it be possible to add in an automatic reload mechanic (Liberals with empty guns reload automatically outside of combat, rather than only during combat?) or make reloading save the magazines (called clips by the game, as inaccurate as it is) if they're not empty? Nothing like reloading just so the guy carrying molotovs or shotguns or SMGs or whatever other low-capacity weapon can be ready for the next fight, only for the guy with the M249 to throw away his entire drum rather than swapping for a fresh one and keeping the old one in his inventory.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2018, 08:01:41 am »

Would it be possible to add in an automatic reload mechanic (Liberals with empty guns reload automatically outside of combat, rather than only during combat?) or make reloading save the magazines (called clips by the game, as inaccurate as it is) if they're not empty? Nothing like reloading just so the guy carrying molotovs or shotguns or SMGs or whatever other low-capacity weapon can be ready for the next fight, only for the guy with the M249 to throw away his entire drum rather than swapping for a fresh one and keeping the old one in his inventory.

It's on the list.  # 13.

I'll include that in 4.12.20
I remember when I asked a friend the difference between a clip and a magazine.  "Clips are from WW2, we use magazines now" is my half-remembered recollection of the answer.
Then on the forums there was this debate about managing clips where the number of bullets for some specific guns were supposed to be 5, 6, and 7, and no one wanted to manage three different relatively prime numbers.  Then there was the thing about "speed-loaders" being a makeshift magazine used with revolvers.
It's all outside my area of expertise, though I find it fascinating to hear about.

Here's the plan:
4.12.20 will have automatic reloading outside combat for anyone who's current clip [sic] is empty (or uses a thrown weapon).

Later date: a base will contain raw ammunition, e.g. 25 45mm, 60 7.62×39mm etc.  When a squad leaves their base, they leave with a certain number of clips each, corresponding to their weapon layout.  Half-used/unused clips will return to raw ammunition upon returning to base.  (Sadly, this breaks save compatibility, which is why I'm hesitant to do it.)

Latest date: Revamp of the inventory system.  Currently, unequipped weapons cannot be detected by metal detectors, because metal detectors only look through the inventory of individual squad members, rather than the squad itself.  I'm not sure how it should be done, just that it should be different.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23