Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221679 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.20 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »

Latest date: Revamp of the inventory system.  Currently, unequipped weapons cannot be detected by metal detectors, because metal detectors only look through the inventory of individual squad members, rather than the squad itself.  I'm not sure how it should be done, just that it should be different.

Hopefully disguises would still work even if the metal detector starts beeping? Also, good luck removing those 104 lines of code.
I like to envision that scene from The Matrix, where they open their trenchcoats and are so heavily armed the security just stares at them, stunned.
The beauty of programming is that it can work in any design.

I'm open to suggestions of how the disguise system should work in tandem with metal detectors.  There's no shortage of pop culture where people out-smart the metal detectors.  And then there are plastic guns, which are so illegal Ronald Reagan signed the law outlawing them.  Though the NRA is working to prevent it from applying to 3-D printed guns.  And the Undetectable Firearms Act has been renewed three times in thirty years because the legislatures have been unable to make it permanent, or to change the wording so that it applies to 3-D printed guns.

A few months ago someone asked me why flamethrowers were so hard to obtain in LCS, when they are legal to purchase.

Why is it every time I do research for this game, it leaves me terrified?

Whatever, no one knows where I live.

I swear there was some sort of version of LCS out there that let you bypass metal detectors if you had sleeper agents by having them wave you through. (I.E. the guys at the checkpoint would be in on it and turn it off/let you walk around.)

Also on a side note about weapons and disguises. It feels like disguise appropriate weapons are not being counted as such. I.E. I can have my liberals disguised as police officers with shotguns and I can set off detectors and have my "Liberal Weapons" noticed by conservatives even though I should be good.

I remember codediving a bit and I found something in stealth.cpp on the base branch

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/blob/c2a0e24b7f974319e39dcaef161c51a0a59e7d5a/src/sitemode/stealth.cpp

At the halfway mark it seems to list which weapons fit which disguises, but when I go out my gun and uniform is yellow and it seems to still get noticed. (Maybe my liberals skills are not good enough to make the weapon look in-character but the message saying my weapons were noticed makes it look like the guns themselves are the problem, and I can go around unarmed without attracting suspicion) .

EDIT: On a side note I am curious why certain locations like the firehouse (and a few others) are hidden until policy changes enough they become acceptable targets. I understand messing with the firehouse hurts you severely in the eyes of the public, but what if I just want to explore it or recruit some firefighters/steal some bunker gear?

EDIT 2: I have Free Speech at Arch-Conservative and I can't find the Fireman HQ anywhere. I am playing on Multi-City if that has anything to do with it.

Also I'd like to mention quite a bit of recruits (I'd say slightly under half?) are showing up butt-naked for some reason. Kinda funny but annoying when I recruit someone only to have to buy them clothes.

EDIT 3: I have Death Penalty and Police Regulation at Arch-Conservative and the Intelligence HQ is still listed as Intelligence HQ and not Ministry of Love, I guess whatever is supposed to change sites for political shifts isn't working, especially because if I start in nightmare mode they have their proper names. As a side effect it seems fireman raids do not occur, yet hurtful speech charges can be racked up like crazy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:29:14 am by Toybasher »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.22 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2018, 06:17:49 am »

I swear there was some sort of version of LCS out there that let you bypass metal detectors if you had sleeper agents by having them wave you through. (I.E. the guys at the checkpoint would be in on it and turn it off/let you walk around.)
I think I remember seeing some unimplemented code that was trying to do that.

Also on a side note about weapons and disguises. It feels like disguise appropriate weapons are not being counted as such. I.E. I can have my liberals disguised as police officers with shotguns and I can set off detectors and have my "Liberal Weapons" noticed by conservatives even though I should be good.

I remember codediving a bit and I found something in stealth.cpp on the base branch

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/blob/c2a0e24b7f974319e39dcaef161c51a0a59e7d5a/src/sitemode/stealth.cpp

At the halfway mark it seems to list which weapons fit which disguises, but when I go out my gun and uniform is yellow and it seems to still get noticed. (Maybe my liberals skills are not good enough to make the weapon look in-character but the message saying my weapons were noticed makes it look like the guns themselves are the problem, and I can go around unarmed without attracting suspicion) .
/*546*/ char incharacter = weapon_in_character(cr.get_weapon().get_itemtypename(), cr.get_armor().get_itemtypename());
That's what this line of code's in charge of.  I assume.

EDIT: On a side note I am curious why certain locations like the firehouse (and a few others) are hidden until policy changes enough they become acceptable targets. I understand messing with the firehouse hurts you severely in the eyes of the public, but what if I just want to explore it or recruit some firefighters/steal some bunker gear?
I'm adding that to the list.
054) Firemen HQ and Other Locations are Inaccessible Except at Specific Policy Levels

EDIT 2: I have Free Speech at Arch-Conservative and I can't find the Fireman HQ anywhere. I am playing on Multi-City if that has anything to do with it.

Also I'd like to mention quite a bit of recruits (I'd say slightly under half?) are showing up butt-naked for some reason. Kinda funny but annoying when I recruit someone only to have to buy them clothes.

EDIT 3: I have Death Penalty and Police Regulation at Arch-Conservative and the Intelligence HQ is still listed as Intelligence HQ and not Ministry of Love, I guess whatever is supposed to change sites for political shifts isn't working, especially because if I start in nightmare mode they have their proper names. As a side effect it seems fireman raids do not occur, yet hurtful speech charges can be racked up like crazy.
This... this is a problem.  I'll investigate.
Edit:
Code: [Select]
/* rename various buildings according to the new laws */
void updateworld_laws(short *law, short *oldlaw)
{  // NOTE: make sure to keep code here matching code in initlocation() in locations.cpp for when names are changed
Duplicate code, my old nemesis.  initlocation(); and updatweorld_laws(); include chunks copied from one another.  This should be a relatively easy fix.

Edit 2:
case SITE_GOVERNMENT_FIRESTATION:
if (lawList[LAW_FREESPEECH] == -2) {
loc.rename("Fireman HQ", "Fireman HQ");
loc.hidden = false;
}
else {
loc.rename("Fire Station", "Fire Station");
loc.hidden = true;
} break;
Well, here's the part that hides the fire station when it isn't "Fireman HQ".  And it looks like the fire station is the only instance that occurs.
I'll have to look over the fire station code, but it looks to be an easy fix.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:44:19 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:14 pm »

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad/blob/c2a0e24b7f974319e39dcaef161c51a0a59e7d5a/src/sitemode/stealth.cpp#L473 It's line 473 that seems to explain which weapons are in-character.

EDIT  541 seems to handle weapons at checkpoints? Like I said it seems the code isn't working as it should as dressing as a cop and using a shotgun (Appropriate weapon) still gets me in trouble, but a commit mentions appropriate weapons are just "less suspicious" and not invisible. Going through a checkpoint still sets it right off.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:37:13 pm by Toybasher »

Arctem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.16 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2018, 12:14:45 am »

I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.
All new builds are available, from 4.12.01~4.12.16, if you  dig deep enough.
More importantly, I fixed the recruitment bug in 4.12.16.  I added in some diagnostics to prevent this from ever becoming an issue again.
Turns out it was the Police Behavior issue.  I changed it, fixed it, and it is gone for good.  Along with three other bugs the diagnostics tool filtered out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bv57itemav3er5x/LCS%20v4.12.16.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/awydf2ij3tcwjbi/LCS%20v4.12.16%20-%20No%20Music.zip

Just downloaded the game for the first time. I tried the current version (4.12.22) and got crashes whenever I tried recruiting. Found this comment and 4.12.16 works fine for me, but it looks like at some point that bug regressed. Let me know if I can help - the only thing in the gamelog.txt is a bunch of "SDL_mixer function Mix_LoadMUS() failed to load..." that seems related to me using the no music version.

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2018, 02:13:10 am »

Figures you'd update while I was in jail... glad to see the ongoing work of course, I'll have to play around with the new build.
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2018, 02:17:04 am »

Figures you'd update while I was in jail... glad to see the ongoing work of course, I'll have to play around with the new build.
Did your public defender accidentally say "MY CLIENT IS GUILTY!"?  :o
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2018, 12:39:44 pm »

I'm getting the recruitment bug crash on windows 10, are there any new builds currently available that don't have this problem? As it's happening nearly every time I try.
More importantly, I fixed the recruitment bug in 4.12.16.  I added in some diagnostics to prevent this from ever becoming an issue again.
Turns out it was the Police Behavior issue.  I changed it, fixed it, and it is gone for good.  Along with three other bugs the diagnostics tool filtered out.

Just downloaded the game for the first time. I tried the current version (4.12.22) and got crashes whenever I tried recruiting. Found this comment and 4.12.16 works fine for me, but it looks like at some point that bug regressed. Let me know if I can help - the only thing in the gamelog.txt is a bunch of "SDL_mixer function Mix_LoadMUS() failed to load..." that seems related to me using the no music version.
I looked it over and ran the automated tests.  I have been unable to replicate the error.
Hopefully the problem is local to nightly build 4.12.22, and not 4.12.21
I should have made clearer that 4.12.22 is... experimental.

If the bug is still there in 4.12.21, then we have a problem.  Otherwise, it should be nothing to worry about.

Always a pleasure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:16:11 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.21 Now With A Save Editor
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2018, 10:56:32 pm »

Would special death messages for fire (Molotov/Flamethrower/Burning to death in general) be possible in the future? Seeing standard death messages for burning to death is kinda boring, since they completely ignore the fact that the guy is on fire.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2018, 12:09:09 pm »

Would special death messages for fire (Molotov/Flamethrower/Burning to death in general) be possible in the future? Seeing standard death messages for burning to death is kinda boring, since they completely ignore the fact that the guy is on fire.
My predecessors implemented custom pickup line responses for dogs, mutants, and CEOs.  By the Alabaster Spine, we shall have custom death messages for burning to death!  It's on the list.

055) Specialized Death Messages e.g. Burning to Death
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Keigan

• Bay Watcher
  • Death or Liberal
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:23 pm »

Can someone please explain how I use the save game editor and that? so confused xD
- A Fat Liberal

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2018, 05:16:15 pm »

Could the auto-targeting system also be improved in the future if it hasn't been improved already? Liberals should focus on attacking the healthier targets first, rather than ganging up on a crippled tank that's emitting smoke and letting a perfectly healthy Soldier with a M16 gun them down. Or ganging up on a wounded cop while letting the perfectly healthy Deathsquad Officer with a M16 gun them down.

I'm also finally starting to get back into LCS. The "reload empty" button is very nice, thank you!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:02:33 pm by Taberone »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »

Can someone please explain how I use the save game editor and that? so confused xD

I can try.
This file:
game_folder/art/debug_defines.txt
has a line
\\VERBOSESAVEFILES
Change it to
VERBOSESAVEFILES
That enables the save game editor.  Anytime from then on the game is saved, the save data will be saved in  a(n) (allegedly) human readable format.
Every save file is (worldname).dat  This causes a second file (worldname).verbose to be generated alongside it.
The .verbose file can be opened in a plain txt editor.  Some text editors don't recognize the line endings, so it will be a long jumbled mess, but ideally, it will be something like this:
#Senate
#House
Numbers between -2 and +2 usually represent the in-game alignment system, (-2 C+, -1 C, 0 m, 1 L, 2 L+) allowing elected officials to have their alignment changed freely.
There's also a line for money, and another line for every character in the save file (mostly LCS members), with their stats, skills, and criminal records represented by similar single numbers, free to be replaced with any number one wants.  Or rename them.
When the savefile is next loaded, crimesquad.exe will check for a corresponding .verbose file, and if it finds one it will load any data it finds in it.  VERBOSESAVEFILES only corresponds to the save function.  A .verbose file will be loaded and used if it is found, even if crimesquad.exe did not generate it.

The human readable part, every line starting with a '#' is for the user's benefit only.  That stuff up there, with #House etc., to the game, it's really this:
-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1000000011111112222222-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-10000000112222
etc.
crimesquad.exe counts them in exact order.  It's not equipped for anything to be added or removed.  The data can only be modified.  There are undocumented 'break-points' that allow submission of an incomplete .verbose file, but I'll only explain the first one.
If the .verbose file contains nothing except a single number, that number becomes the LCS funds.
So, create a new text file with a single number like 200000, save it as yourworldname.verbose, put it in the save directory, and next time you load yourworldname that's how much money you'll have.
When you save the game, if VERBOSESAVEFILES is removed (or turned back into //VERBOSESAVEFILES) any corresponding .verbose file is automatically deleted.

Hope that helps.

Could the auto-targeting system also be improved in the future if it hasn't been improved already? Liberals should focus on attacking the healthier targets first, rather than ganging up on a crippled tank that's emitting smoke and letting a Soldier with a M16 gun them down. Or ganging up on a wounded cop while letting the perfectly healthy Deathsquad Officer with a M16 gun them down.
005) on the list.
I'm also finally starting to get back into LCS. The "reload empty" button is very nice, thank you!

Glad to hear it.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Arctem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:19 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bv57itemav3er5x/LCS%20v4.12.16.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/awydf2ij3tcwjbi/LCS%20v4.12.16%20-%20No%20Music.zip

I looked it over and ran the automated tests.  I have been unable to replicate the error.

If the bug is still there in 4.12.21, then we have a problem.  Otherwise, it should be nothing to worry about.

Ah, didn't realize. 4.12.21 works fine, thanks for catching my mistake.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2018, 11:56:20 am »

Ah, didn't realize. 4.12.21 works fine, thanks for catching my mistake.
You don't know how glad I am to hear that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:16:38 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2018, 06:20:31 pm »

Is a way to make money through the writing skill also planned in the future? Something like writing and selling books or something?

https://i.imgur.com/LHf38jU.png

Also noticed a glitch
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:42:58 pm by Taberone »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23