Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221743 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.36 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2019, 08:31:59 am »

@Ikaruga

Can confirm the same bug when selling items.

As to the latter, items get greyed out if you can't afford it.

EDIT: Another oddity, IsaacG. Conservatives aren't as well armed as one would expect in Nightmare Mode. I've noticed entire bands of Death Squads and Soldiers roving around completely bare-handed.

Also, a number of people are inexplicably nude.

EDIT2: More stuff. Damaged and bloodied armor is completely ignored during repair attempts. The game behaves as if they don't exist.

EDIT3: Ok, the last, last edit... maybe... Sneak attacks always trigger an alarm, even at high skill levels. This happens even if you dispatch a lone straggler.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 07:36:03 am by ShinQuickMan »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.36 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2019, 01:32:30 pm »

Hi,

Happy birthday, Isaac ! :D
Thanks  :D
I noticed a bug : it is still possible to sell stuff in the pawn shop but the option doesn't appear on screen ...

Also, in nightmare mode, not everything is for sale in TheOubliette. Sometimes, just a mask, sometimes work clothes... Is it normal ?
@Ikaruga

Can confirm the same bug when selling items.

As to the latter, items get greyed out if you can't afford it.
These bugs predate my involvement.  The shop code is... weird.  It has separate checks for what the player can do and what the interface tells the player.  There was a similar design issue with conversations where "talk about issues" and responses were kept in several switch statements that were required to be kept in the exact same order.
I think older versions grey out the options, IIRC 4.12 doesn't print invalid options at all.
EDIT: Another oddity, IsaacG. Conservatives aren't as well armed as one would expect in Nightmare Mode. I've noticed entire bands of Death Squads and Soldiers roving around completely bare-handed.

Also, a number of people are inexplicably nude.
People keep mentioning these two bugs.  They should be my top priority.
EDIT2: More stuff. Damaged and bloodied armor is completely ignored during repair attempts. The game behaves as if they don't exist.

EDIT3: Ok, the last, last edit... maybe... Sneak attacks always trigger an alarm, even at high skill levels. This happens even if you dispatch a lone straggler.
The code was weird and unclear.  I rewrote it so it is straightforward and easily understood.  Except now it doesn't work ^.^;
I should be able to release 4.12.37 on April 1st, and hopefully it will have resolved these issues.

EDIT4: A little later than April 1st.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:37:23 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.37 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2019, 04:45:53 pm »

Seems like there's some errors with character creation. Choosing to have a lawyer contact also gives $1000 bucks as a bonus. Furthermore, starting as a college student also grants the founder a team of armed gangsters, much like with the criminal.
Fixed in 4.12.37
Admittedly, the only thing fixed in 4.12.37, but every little bit helps.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Kill1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2019, 10:50:10 pm »

Is there a reason there's only one abandoned building available at a time in the industrial district? Is this a glitch I'm experiencing or is it done on purpose for balance reasons.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2019, 01:59:22 pm »

Is there a reason there's only one abandoned building available at a time in the industrial district? Is this a glitch I'm experiencing or is it done on purpose for balance reasons.
I would assume it's on purpose.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

OzgeKatip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2019, 06:56:52 am »

Hi, it's a bit too late for this but I just wanted to thank you for 4.12.36, which significantly improved my experience with the game. Your continued support and commitment is really appreciated.

Any other grips I have and are somewhat difficult to avoid during a playthrough already seem to have been mentioned either on your list or in other posts, so there doesn't seem to be any need to mention them further. Those that don't exactly match both (but still might be related to them) are:
* the biased referenda issue (58) seems to be a general issue with how public opinion is processed, which becomes ironclad contrarian in situations of conservative or liberal hegemony. An arch-liberal congress cannot enact more than a couple liberal laws during a whole mandate, and those are most often reversals of conservative-won referenda, and that's no matter what you do within the scope of this or that law. You can see 100% of public opinion being for women's rights with High interest, but most of the time that won't translate into a bill even if the law is currently Moderate, and there still might be a referendum overwhelmingly against women's rights the following month.
* besides the blank screen bug, every trial seems to result in at least a month of jail, even for misdemeanors,
* Area heat just doesn't seem to increase a lot, even after killing dozens at a non-Police station location. While this makes direct violence more appealing to use, it seems to be a bit *too easy*,
* the lack of weapons on mooks seems to extend beyond nightmare mode, unlike previously reported. Might be related to the already-reported issue with the practical effects of Gun Control.

Once more, thank you for your continued efforts at development, and I'm genuinely hopeful for what's ahead. I would suggest a few more features *cough* debug codes *cough* but you've already stated your priority is fixing what is already implemented, which is more than legit.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2019, 10:52:24 pm »

Hi, it's a bit too late for this but I just wanted to thank you for 4.12.36, which significantly improved my experience with the game. Your continued support and commitment is really appreciated.
It always makes me smile to hear that :D
Any other grips I have and are somewhat difficult to avoid during a playthrough already seem to have been mentioned either on your list or in other posts, so there doesn't seem to be any need to mention them further. Those that don't exactly match both (but still might be related to them) are:
* the biased referenda issue (58) seems to be a general issue with how public opinion is processed, which becomes ironclad contrarian in situations of conservative or liberal hegemony. An arch-liberal congress cannot enact more than a couple liberal laws during a whole mandate, and those are most often reversals of conservative-won referenda, and that's no matter what you do within the scope of this or that law. You can see 100% of public opinion being for women's rights with High interest, but most of the time that won't translate into a bill even if the law is currently Moderate, and there still might be a referendum overwhelmingly against women's rights the following month.
* besides the blank screen bug, every trial seems to result in at least a month of jail, even for misdemeanors,
* Area heat just doesn't seem to increase a lot, even after killing dozens at a non-Police station location. While this makes direct violence more appealing to use, it seems to be a bit *too easy*,
* the lack of weapons on mooks seems to extend beyond nightmare mode, unlike previously reported. Might be related to the already-reported issue with the practical effects of Gun Control.
I will investigate.
Once more, thank you for your continued efforts at development, and I'm genuinely hopeful for what's ahead. I would suggest a few more features *cough* debug codes *cough* but you've already stated your priority is fixing what is already implemented, which is more than legit.
My greatest weakness is my indecisiveness.  Making new debug codes is relatively easy from my perspective, I just have no idea what debug codes people want.  Similarly, TerraVitae's cheat code system that allows debugging without restarting wouldn't be hard to steal replicate, if there are any suggestions.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2019, 05:09:23 pm »

I just downloaded this as a starting point for my upcoming new LCS-inspired roguelike / total conversion mod.

However, I'm having issues compiling - typing 'make' into the console while inside of the /src directory doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

(Also, this post is something of a ping - who's still alive?)

Jgray

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »

I just downloaded this as a starting point for my upcoming new LCS-inspired roguelike / total conversion mod.

However, I'm having issues compiling - typing 'make' into the console while inside of the /src directory doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

(Also, this post is something of a ping - who's still alive?)

I'm still checking for updates every few days.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2019, 08:08:35 pm »

Cool - I found that I can open it up in Visual Studio, but upon looking at the workspaces/game.sln file, I see that there are several included files that are missing and are needed to compile. These include:

activate_const_string.h
compat.h
lcsio.h
stealth_const_string.h
talk_const_string.h
vector.h

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2019, 10:41:13 pm »

Cool - I found that I can open it up in Visual Studio, but upon looking at the workspaces/game.sln file, I see that there are several included files that are missing and are needed to compile. These include:

activate_const_string.h
compat.h
lcsio.h
stealth_const_string.h
talk_const_string.h
These no longer exist.  Removing them from the "required import" list should do the trick.
vector.h
This is a standard C++ header.  I'm not sure how to fix that.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2019, 09:13:48 am »

Yippee you're still here!  :D

How do I compile the code? I assume you're using Visual Studio to compile it, but when I hit the 'build' button, it says that the "build was successful", but I don't see any executable file being created as a result.

Clarification: there is a crimesquad.exe file inside of the main directory, but if I remove it and then try to build, Visual Studio does not replace the crimesquad.exe. In any case, that doesn't help me, because I need a Unix-executable that I can playtest...

hades12

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2019, 07:59:44 am »

A bit of what i am assume are bugs: So i was playing the lastest version of LCS, and noticed some interesting things; 1: pawn shops no longer have the option to buy stolen goods. 2: Augmenting liberals regardless of science skill, seems to always remove the left eye - right eye, and deflate one of the lungs. 3: the public seems to vote arch conservative in referendums always, even if they vote for a elite lib president at 85%, would love for the game to be harder but this seems kinda strange.

Anyway hope you can do something with this, great game regardless

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2019, 09:34:16 pm »

Yippee you're still here!  :D

How do I compile the code? I assume you're using Visual Studio to compile it, but when I hit the 'build' button, it says that the "build was successful", but I don't see any executable file being created as a result.

Clarification: there is a crimesquad.exe file inside of the main directory, but if I remove it and then try to build, Visual Studio does not replace the crimesquad.exe. In any case, that doesn't help me, because I need a Unix-executable that I can playtest...
To my knowledge the executable is built in the release directory, as well as all the .o and .obj files
v4.12.38\workspaces\Release
Sometimes it will instead place it in the \Debug directory, but currently \Debug and \Release are identicle.
Ages ago I actually... removed... Unix support to make it easier to build, and I'm not sure how much is left.  Only a little bit of the code depends on the differences, namely SDL and PDCurses, but ultimately that should be the same as it was with TerraVitae.

A bit of what i am assume are bugs: So i was playing the lastest version of LCS, and noticed some interesting things; 1: pawn shops no longer have the option to buy stolen goods. 2: Augmenting liberals regardless of science skill, seems to always remove the left eye - right eye, and deflate one of the lungs. 3: the public seems to vote arch conservative in referendums always, even if they vote for a elite lib president at 85%, would love for the game to be harder but this seems kinda strange.

Anyway hope you can do something with this, great game regardless

Thanks.  I almost want to remove Augmentations, as it's not fully implemented, but at the same time it would function well as a basis.
3 is odd.  There's some weird bug in the voting code that I haven't located.  I'm working on a testing framework to help iron that out.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2019, 11:17:53 am »

To my knowledge the executable is built in the release directory, as well as all the .o and .obj files
v4.12.38\workspaces\Release
Sometimes it will instead place it in the \Debug directory, but currently \Debug and \Release are identicle.
Ages ago I actually... removed... Unix support to make it easier to build, and I'm not sure how much is left.  Only a little bit of the code depends on the differences, namely SDL and PDCurses, but ultimately that should be the same as it was with TerraVitae.

Well, there is no workspaces/Release directory in the link that I downloaded (which I believe was https://www.mediafire.com/file/c47oj5b1c57jlz1/LCS_v4.12.37.zip/file). There's a workspaces/ directory, but no Release/ subdirectory. Can you double-check?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23