Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221633 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.39 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2019, 01:56:34 pm »

Just a heads up about the pawn shop, I tried pressing S and I was able to sell stuff. It seems it's a display problem or something like that.
Ah.  That's good.  That's a much easier fix.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.40 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »

Just a heads up about the pawn shop, I tried pressing S and I was able to sell stuff. It seems it's a display problem or something like that.
Ah.  That's good.  That's a much easier fix.
Figured the damned thing out.  Order of operations coupled with type safety.
This line:
y += 2 + left_side ? 0 : 1;
needs to be:
y += 2 + (left_side ? 0 : 1);

2 is an integer.  A number.  "left_side" is a boolean, meaning either "true" or "false".
New download link incoming.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 09, 2019, 04:30:51 pm »

Before first time I found your updates I had nearly removed LCS from my computer, thank you for making the game even better then the National Update did. The ease of editing you've added has made my dreams of a 6 year old LCS Founder a reality :D.

BUG:The vehicle tab has a display problem for every vehicle. The first vehicle is missing its letter and every one after is missing its description instead. This issue isn't present in 4.12.21 and I've seen it in .37 and .40.

edit-
BUG:Repair Clothing only targets worn armor; the repairing/cleaning part works (a search suggests it didn't always?).

edit- In .21 Soldiers and Deathsquad are armed to the teeth but in .40 they arent? I can kidnap them on site and they grapple/swing during fights. It was surreal realizing that fighting in the Crack House is safer once "Gang Members Responding" activates and the Deathsquad starts out numbering Gang Members.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:48:57 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2019, 01:08:47 pm »

Before first time I found your updates I had nearly removed LCS from my computer, thank you for making the game even better then the National Update did. The ease of editing you've added has made my dreams of a 6 year old LCS Founder a reality :D.
I'm glad to hear it!  This is actually the first I've heard of someone utilizing one of my changes.  :D
BUG:The vehicle tab has a display problem for every vehicle. The first vehicle is missing its letter and every one after is missing its description instead. This issue isn't present in 4.12.21 and I've seen it in .37 and .40.

edit-
BUG:Repair Clothing only targets worn armor; the repairing/cleaning part works (a search suggests it didn't always?).

edit- In .21 Soldiers and Deathsquad are armed to the teeth but in .40 they arent? I can kidnap them on site and they grapple/swing during fights. It was surreal realizing that fighting in the Crack House is safer once "Gang Members Responding" activates and the Deathsquad starts out numbering Gang Members.
Ah, I will investigate.  Thank you.   :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:30:12 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2019, 09:33:31 pm »

Crashes if, during character creation, you choose to randomize your childhood events.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2019, 06:45:50 pm »

Crashes if, during character creation, you choose to randomize your childhood events.
Schmel924 fixed that.  Will include in 4.12.41
Once I figure out the "naked deathsquad" bug.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Teh Barple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.40 Now With a Save Editor (And Discord)
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2019, 08:41:13 pm »

The naked death-squad bug is still in?
:-X

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.40 Now With a Save Editor (And Discord)
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2019, 12:04:54 pm »

The naked death-squad bug is still in?
:-X
Yeah.  It seems to be a problem with the XML.  Still figuring it out.

edit: Fixed in 4.12.41
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:15:36 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.41 Now With a Save Editor (And Discord) (And fixed the naked bug)
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2019, 09:25:01 pm »

In the latest version sneak attacks always trigger an alarm and sometimes after you kill someone other liberals will often target "scruffy unnamed janitor."

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.41 Now With a Save Editor (And Discord) (And fixed the naked bug)
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2019, 06:01:59 pm »

In the latest version sneak attacks always trigger an alarm and sometimes after you kill someone other liberals will often target "scruffy unnamed janitor."
I must have triggered something in the combat code.  I will investigate.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.49 Now With a Save Editor (And Discord) (And fixed the naked bug)
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2020, 09:07:41 am »

What is the information for the LCS Discord server so I can join it?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2020, 05:27:50 pm »

What is the information for the LCS Discord server so I can join it?
Sorry, I thought I PMed it to you.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:24:09 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Adrinus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2020, 05:19:05 pm »

I've been playing around with the ogg sounds the game uses. I've put together a royalty-free set of tracks to replace some of the music with things I felt more appropriate to the mood of the game.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yd8mt78m51rp3no/NewSounds_02-19-20.zip/file

If I change out any others, I'll update this post with another link (in case people preferred previous versions).

I hope you enjoy them!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:20:45 pm by Adrinus »

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile

I recently finished a playthrough of 4.12.49. Near the tail-end, I encountered one of the bugs I experienced and reported back in October 2018. Specifically, half the Elite Liberal's executive branch flipping to Arch-Conservative. Two examples:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After Election Day, the executive branch stays all Elite Liberal for me until I A) cycle the month or B) close and re-open the game. I can thus get the game into a win state by jumping a few hoops. I'm including three saves from my experience. One is before the election that put Frankie into office. One is right afterward. The third is at series end with the final law having turned Elite Liberal but the game not cycling to Victory! because, I presume, of the executive branch.

I don't know what in the code would be causing this. One possible fix would be to prevent the game from tracking anything else in the executive branch except the President. After all, the President is the one who makes their cabinet.

On a non-bug related note, I found it jarring to go into stores and not see the greyed out options which used to be there when you didn't have enough money to buy something. When everything simply doesn't display, then you can end up going to a clothing department and seeing... well, nothing at all. Seems rough for newer players who don't even know what they can buy.

Appreciate the continued development of this fork. Take it easy.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23