Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221702 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.55
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2020, 09:18:02 am »

By generic cities, would that mean made-up cities like Washingtonville (it's only a village in real life), or real cities that are kinda generic due to their small size, like Peoria.

Peoria, if I recall, is often used a generic city in the Midwest.

...or maybe you mean Vancouver and Toronto, the Canadian cities that are often used in place of many major US cities in films and shows.  True stand ins for any average city in the United States.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2020, 02:07:42 pm »

We could have generic cities in the raw code, with specific additions, such as Washington DC having the White House or coastal cities having harbours.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2020, 03:15:01 pm »

Generic cities Like average non Special Towns 😆

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2020, 04:39:57 pm »

Generic cities Like average non Special Towns 😆

Nah, I meant a basic city defined in the raws with alterations depending from the type (so that coastal cities get harbours) and specificities such as the White House or the Empire State Building.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2020, 05:40:06 pm »

i tried adding the sitevectors and the city stuff to locations cpp but it did not work out, any idea what iam missing?

got visual studio runnin on my toughbook in the field and found some time to try

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2020, 04:40:48 am »

i tried adding the sitevectors and the city stuff to locations cpp but it did not work out, any idea what iam missing?

got visual studio runnin on my toughbook in the field and found some time to try
Technically it's in locationsPool.cpp
Line 535 in 4.12.56
Code: [Select]
void make_world(const bool hasmaps)
{
if (!multipleCityMode)
{
make_classic_world(hasmaps);
return;
}
//MAKE LOCATIONS
Location* city = NULL;
Location* district = NULL;
//Location* site = NULL;
location.push_back(city = new Location(SITE_CITY_SEATTLE));
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2020, 12:44:25 pm »

Technically it's in locationsPool.cpp
Line 535 in 4.12.56
void make_world(const bool hasmaps)
{
if (!multipleCityMode)
{
make_classic_world(hasmaps);
return;
}
//MAKE LOCATIONS
Location* city = NULL;
Location* district = NULL;
//Location* site = NULL;
location.push_back(city = new Location(SITE_CITY_SEATTLE));

i added this there before my last post
i also defined the vectors chicagoDownton Uptown and out of town but had no succes after successfull compiling
just ended up with the same 4 citys and not chicago :"D

location.push_back(city = new Location(SITE_CITY_CHICAGO));
district = city->addchild(SITE_DOWNTOWN);
district->area = 0;
district->mapped = hasmaps; // for some reason this property isn't inherited by downtown locations so it's manually added for each one, need to debug why this happens
addChildren(district, chicagoDowntown, hasmaps);
{
Location* site = district->addchild(SITE_BUSINESS_BARANDGRILL);
site->renting = RENTING_CCS;
site->hidden = true;
site->mapped = false;
}
district = city->addchild(SITE_UDISTRICT);
district->area = 0;
addChildren(district, chicagoUptown);
district = city->addchild(SITE_INDUSTRIAL);
district->area = 0;
district->addchild(SITE_RESIDENTIAL_SHELTER)->renting = RENTING_PERMANENT;
{
Location* site = district->addchild(SITE_INDUSTRY_WAREHOUSE);
site->renting = RENTING_PERMANENT;
site->upgradable = true;
}
district->addchild(SITE_RESIDENTIAL_TENEMENT);
district->addchild(SITE_INDUSTRY_POLLUTER);
district->addchild(SITE_INDUSTRY_SWEATSHOP);
district->addchild(SITE_BUSINESS_CRACKHOUSE)->upgradable = true;
district->addchild(SITE_BUSINESS_PAWNSHOP);
district->addchild(SITE_BUSINESS_CARDEALERSHIP);
district = city->addchild(SITE_OUTOFTOWN);
district->area = 1;
addChildren(district, chicagoOutOfTown);

vectors in include24.h
vector<SiteTypes> chicagoDowntown = {

SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT_UPSCALE,
SITE_GOVERNMENT_POLICESTATION,
SITE_GOVERNMENT_COURTHOUSE,
SITE_BUSINESS_BANK,
SITE_GOVERNMENT_FIRESTATION,
SITE_MEDIA_AMRADIO,
SITE_BUSINESS_CIGARBAR,
SITE_BUSINESS_LATTESTAND,
SITE_BUSINESS_DEPTSTORE,
};

vector<SiteTypes> chicagoUptown = {

SITE_RESIDENTIAL_APARTMENT,
SITE_HOSPITAL_UNIVERSITY,
SITE_HOSPITAL_CLINIC,
SITE_LABORATORY_GENETIC,
SITE_LABORATORY_COSMETICS,
SITE_BUSINESS_VEGANCOOP,
SITE_BUSINESS_JUICEBAR,
SITE_BUSINESS_INTERNETCAFE,
SITE_OUTDOOR_PUBLICPARK,
SITE_BUSINESS_HALLOWEEN,
};
vector<SiteTypes> chicagoOutOfTown = {

SITE_GOVERNMENT_PRISON,
SITE_GOVERNMENT_INTELLIGENCEHQ,
SITE_CORPORATE_HEADQUARTERS,
SITE_GOVERNMENT_ARMYBASE,
};

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 12:46:08 pm by Durian Hohlades »

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2020, 03:24:31 pm »

well i just played around on visual studio and started the game from the studio with ctrl f5

everything seems to work
iam just to stupid to compile correctly

can you tell me how to compile the game files properly?

thanks

just had to copy the crimesquad exe to the main folder from workspace
works ;) will test more
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:03:39 pm by Durian Hohlades »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2020, 05:05:33 pm »

can you tell me how to compile the game files properly?

just had to copy the crimesquad exe to the main folder from workspace
:thumbsup:
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2020, 09:02:32 am »

i now implemented all the cities from the vanilla files to be shown ingame, basically they are all like seattle no special places just more immersion and more areas to travel and spread
i thought about balance, more places actually makes the game easier i belive bec you have more places to go with the same amounts of heat? any ideas how to compensate?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2020, 03:24:02 pm »

i now implemented all the cities from the vanilla files to be shown ingame, basically they are all like seattle no special places just more immersion and more areas to travel and spread
i thought about balance, more places actually makes the game easier i belive bec you have more places to go with the same amounts of heat? any ideas how to compensate?

Maybe, once the LCS starts to go beyond a city, the FBI/CIA could try to fight them with even more means than the local police forces.

For exemple, the LCS might be more likely to find on secret CIA moles while trying to recruit - and with good streetsmart, one could find them.

Maybe no-fly lists could be used to make those with the most heat to be less likely to be allowed to travel to other cities.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2020, 09:55:04 pm »

I've toyed with the idea of creating a new Terra Vitae system that would make factions regional, and you would have to track down and deal with enemy factions. I haven't done it yet, though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:30 am »

Maybe, once the LCS starts to go beyond a city, the FBI/CIA could try to fight them with even more means than the local police forces.

For exemple, the LCS might be more likely to find on secret CIA moles while trying to recruit - and with good streetsmart, one could find them.

Maybe no-fly lists could be used to make those with the most heat to be less likely to be allowed to travel to other cities.

Or arrested/detained/disappeared/shot when trying to travel to another city.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2020, 02:10:07 pm »

Only at C/C++.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2020, 11:27:57 am »

Only at C/C++.

More like arrested/detained/disappeared/shot would be:

L/M/C/C+

Remember, we may love the LCS, but they're still domestic terrorists (in some playstyles). 
If they're wanted for something, they get arrested even at Liberal.
At Moderate, they'd get detained for as long as possible (24 hours, but maybe the paperwork takes longer), then either let go if clean or transferred to the local law enforcement if wanted.
Conservative, they got "secure facilities" for terrorists.  Rendition?
Arch-Convervative, bullets solve everything.

I mean, in the real United States, they catch people on warrants either because of a routine traffic stop or because they get picked up doing something wrong elsewhere.  And sometimes with those unlawful ID inspections sweeps.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23