Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.68  (Read 221684 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.55
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2020, 08:56:32 am »

Version 2.2 of the Terra Vitae mod will have a mechanic by which the LCS can be exonerated via presidential pardon should you have a L+ president and the LCS be sufficiently popular. This is realistic.

Zombiejunk

• Bay Watcher
  • The Humanoid Must Not Escape!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.57
« Reply #316 on: January 26, 2021, 09:00:34 am »

Would it be fine if I made LCS hobo edition where all weapons are homemade and more deadly

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.57
« Reply #317 on: January 26, 2021, 02:53:30 pm »

Would it be fine if I made LCS hobo edition where all weapons are homemade and more deadly
You can mod it however you want.
You can get faster feedback on the Discord server.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:25:33 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.59
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2021, 10:52:54 pm »

Something's off with the augments. Most of them seem to fail no matter how high your science or first aid skills are.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2021, 05:20:06 pm »

Something's off with the augments. Most of them seem to fail no matter how high your science or first aid skills are.
Augments were designed by Kamal-Sadek.  They weren't completed, and no one has much bothered to balance them.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2021, 11:21:18 am »

Cool. I'm going to add that to the wiki; maybe it'll warn some people before they muck up their game like I did.

Yag Alone

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumpy old fart
    • View Profile
Re: The List
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2021, 04:54:38 pm »

Hi there.

074) See Through Disguise Default Behavior is X-Ray Vision

About this one... I located the issue : it is on the constructor of CreatureType.

When processing a new encounter, the creatures are properly initialized with default value (see constructor of DeprecatedCreature), then armCreature() is called.

This function calls CreatureType::make_creature(), which overwrite several values with the ones of the relevant CreatureType. Including seethroughdisguise_ and seethroughstealth_.

CreatureType constructor retrieve the various values from the XML tags but, if the tags are missing, then seethroughdisguise_ and seethroughstealth_ fields are *not initialized*, keeping whatever was in memory in the first place. It might be 0, it might be over 9000. Anything over 17 will be capped later to 17, the "DIFFICULTY_SUPERHEROIC" value...

I fixed this issue by editing the constructor and adding default values for those two fields :

Code: [Select]
CreatureType::CreatureType(const std::string& xmlstring)
: age_(18, 57), alignment_public_mood_(true),
attribute_points_(40),
gender_liberal_(GENDER_RANDOM), gender_conservative_(GENDER_RANDOM),
infiltration_(0), juice_(0), money_(20, 40),
seethroughdisguise_(DIFFICULTY_VERYEASY), seethroughstealth_(DIFFICULTY_VERYEASY)       // Should get rid of this damn 074 !
{

At last, no more supersecretaries!

(And kudos to you for daring venturing in this unholy mess of code)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: The List
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2021, 06:02:57 pm »

At last, no more supersecretaries!

(And kudos to you for daring venturing in this unholy mess of code)

Thank you :D
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.61
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2021, 12:30:42 pm »

I've not played in probably a decade, and doubt I have the patience to slog through to see if the endgame is still a slog, so I'll just ask: is the period b/tw when you flip Congress and when you can pass a Liberal Elite amendment still a slow crawl and/or "go to sleep and hope you're right that your win is inevitable"? The last couple of years have given me cause to consider legal realism and how some of these things function IRL, and once Congress has a L+/L majority (with L+ outnumbering L), things like presidential/judicial impeachment, and/or court expansion could be added to speed things along. The flip side of this ofc is that these could also go the other way and accelerate C+ going to C++. The other late-game roadblock, the slow churn of the Senate, could also be sped along with statehood for various regions (DC, PR, Guam, VI, Portland, wherever).

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.61
« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2021, 04:41:32 am »

I've not played in probably a decade, and doubt I have the patience to slog through to see if the endgame is still a slog

Same here, actually
checking the discord would probably be faster
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159540.msg7100703#msg7100703
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.12.63
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2021, 11:01:20 am »

Actually, I think the changes have taken away much of the slog.  The Elite Liberal Amendment really moves things along.

Judicial impeachment really isn't a thing currently, but it could be.

Presidential impeachment isn't the lifesaver everyone thinks it is, because the Vice-Presidents tend to be worse.
Which is worse?
Trump or Pence?
Bush W. or Cheney?

Admittedly, Bush HW was worse from a liberal perspective since he was significantly more competent than his Vice President.  But the other two would have been both more competent and more conservative.

Although, pushing out a Liberal President for an Elite Liberal President might do something.  Imagine if Bill Clinton had been impeached and Al Gore took over?

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 07, 2021, 05:03:34 pm »

Actually, I think the changes have taken away much of the slog.  The Elite Liberal Amendment really moves things along.

Presidential impeachment isn't the lifesaver everyone thinks it is, because the Vice-Presidents tend to be worse.
Which is worse?
Trump or Pence?
Bush W. or Cheney?

Admittedly, Bush HW was worse from a liberal perspective since he was significantly more competent than his Vice President.  But the other two would have been both more competent and more conservative.

Although, pushing out a Liberal President for an Elite Liberal President might do something.  Imagine if Bill Clinton had been impeached and Al Gore took over?

It might be related to how far the VP is. For exemple, an Elite Liberal VP might be elected to replace a Liberal POTUS.

Other US offices should also be subject to impeachment: for exemple Secretary of State and Attorney General, especially if they get actual roles (for exemple, with a Liberal AG, you get mediocre prosecutors against you; I can't get what a Secretary of State could do, apart if we add gameplay relating to foreign countries such as LCS militants being able to flee abroad).
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 07, 2021, 06:21:54 pm »

Which is worse?
Trump or Pence?
Bush W. or Cheney?

It might be related to how far the VP is. For exemple, an Elite Liberal VP might be elected to replace a Liberal POTUS.

Other US offices should also be subject to impeachment: for exemple Secretary of State and Attorney General, especially if they get actual roles (for exemple, with a Liberal AG, you get mediocre prosecutors against you; I can't get what a Secretary of State could do, apart if we add gameplay relating to foreign countries such as LCS militants being able to flee abroad).

Condolezza Rice as Secretary of State orchestrated the whole Rendition program where terrorists were tortured by other countries to keep American hands "clean".
That should give at least some ideas.

Personally, I want a re-creation of the situation where the President of the United States and the Head of the FBI are duking it out.  That never gets old.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2021, 11:22:05 am »

The trick to making executive impeachment have teeth is to impeach both the President and the VP as close to concurrently as possible - at that point, the Speaker of the House is next in line of succession. Some of the QAnon conspiracies floating this summer were calling for essentially this to happen right after Trump was made Speaker of the House (who technically doesn't have to be a member of the House) in order to re-instate him. The other reason executive impeachment could be powerful really isn't modeled in LCS IIRC - incumbency is powerful in electoral politics, and/or particular individuals inspire personal loyalty. The latter actually seems anathema to LCS - its understanding of politics rests on a bedrock philosophy of no one being indispensable, and individual politicians essentially being fungible. While replacing W with Cheney would have made the presidency both competent and evil, pre-2004 it would have prevented the re-election landslide - and even post-2004 it would have made standing up to the executive a lot more popular (although yes, at that point the m pols were finally starting to find backbones after polling started telling them they could).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 12, 2021, 02:29:41 pm »

Eh, Cheney had a lot of clout and connections.  Anyone that takes over as VP has a short period where nobody trusts them, but they generally get the incumbent advantage when they run to keep the office.  I mean, they WERE the president, they just weren't elected there.  Even those whom have held relatively short terms filling in as the elected executive (whether that be governor, president, or mayor) generally get at least some advantage over the opposition.

I mean, someone that was president for 30 days still knows more about how to do the job than their opponent.  Just as long as they didn't really cock it up.

...also why it works better to think Bush W replaced with Cheney than Bush HW replaced with Dan Quayle.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23