Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to be able to control my Dwarfs in fort mode like Object testing erena!  (Read 1048 times)

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone got a mod?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:46:59 pm by dragontamercos »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

I'm 90% sure this is impossible. You might be able to pull it off with external programs, but I seriously doubt it.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

dragontamercos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm 90% sure this is impossible. You might be able to pull it off with external programs, but I seriously doubt it.
BUT ITS PROGRAMED INTO THE GAME!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

I want to be able to control my Dwarfs in fort mode like Object testing arena!
What do you mean?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I want to be able to control my Dwarfs in fort mode like Object testing arena!
What do you mean?
He is asking for a Dungeon-keeper liker possession spell in which you, the player, controls a single unit. Aka you pick a dwarf in fort mode and move him like you do in adv-mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

You could probably do something by changing the game mode, but it is likely to severely break the game (weird stuff will happen).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

While it may be programmed into the game, that does not mean it is accessible for modding.  Dfhack is what currently goes deepest access to the internals we have, but the programmers behind that are essentially mining in from outside the game.  It is true they have dug deep, but there are still many things they have not discovered yet.  I can recall that there was one tool that could change game modes, but I do not know if it has been updated for the current version yet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm fine with coming in and making impossible requests for mods, that's perfectly reasonable when one doesn't know how modding works.

I am not fine with this kind of thing, denying something someone says because of some completely incorrect notion of how things work without even taking the most basic modicum of effort to determine whether the other person is right. Try taking some effort.

Anyway, modding cannot do this. DFHack can do this, but it would cause horrific problems for your save.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

The closest thing I could think of is using DFHack to actually turn it to arena mode. This causes the problem of everyone killing each other.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.