Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Permanent wounds? Inhibited function?  (Read 3405 times)

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Permanent wounds? Inhibited function?
« on: July 21, 2016, 05:55:15 am »

Whilst grinding up the dodger skill on some necromancers' zombies I sustained a few injuries. The yellow/bronzish colours are somewhat disconcerting.

Whilst the health screen seems to try to assure me there's nothing more to worry about...

...The fact that my muscle is still listed in there... um, has it gotten weaker?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent wounds? Inhibited function?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 06:10:01 am »

Nah that's just scar tissue.  Body parts work fine, as long as no motor nerves are severed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:48 am »

Nah that's just scar tissue.  Body parts work fine, as long as no motor nerves are severed.
If I remember right, sensory nerve damage can also dampen your speed with those limbs at the consolation of feeling less pain.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Kahlish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:25:06 am »

Seeing you screenshots, I think you just got bruised.
I also think your vision is impaired.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:00:34 am »

Seeing you screenshots, I think you just got bruised.
I also think your vision is impaired.
I don't think it's bruised. Scars are indicative of a healed tear injury. Bruises go away, scars don't.

Yeah, that color scheme isn't usual (nor is the red window color, but to each his own.) In the default default color scheme:
White NONE: No recorded active wounds on the part.
"Brown" MINOR: Any damage that doesn't have functional/structural consequences (might be heavy bleeding, though).
Yellow INHIBITED: Any muscular, structural, or functional damage, without total loss.
Cyan FUNCTION LOSS: An important function of the part is completely lost, but the part is structurally sound (or, at least partially intact).
Red BROKEN: The part has lost all structural integrity or muscular ability.
DGray MISSING: The part is completely gone.

It's still easy enough to tell that the arm (bronze) is suffering minor damage (skin and fat), and the hand (gold) is inhibited (muscle, skin, and fat.)

Not quite sure what muscle damage does. Pain and occasional loss of function (e.g., dropping of held item)?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:34:44 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 06:04:04 pm »

Does lung tissue ever heal?  Or if you are shot through the lung by a bolt, are you on "mortal wound" and "difficulty breathing" forever?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 04:41:42 am »

Does lung tissue ever heal?  Or if you are shot through the lung by a bolt, are you on "mortal wound" and "difficulty breathing" forever?
I think it would have to, or else the cumulative effect by alcohol would kill all your dwarves gradually. I'm not sure what effects a scar has on lungs, but if it causes function loss that could be the case.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:53:42 am »

Can confirm lung damage heals.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 08:55:05 am »

After having been wounded, either after sleep or fast travel, you'd look under status to check for lasting injury/loss of function.

One way lung tissue impairment happens is to drinkers. It happens more often with avg disease resistance, and less often with high disease resistance, but in either case, it always goes away. It sounds more like the sort of thing that should happen to a dwarven puffer, if such a thing existed.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 01:38:27 am »

I've had at least two cases of a lung permanently losing function, though both times it happened it was due to a extreme case of object lodged in the body, that or it happened to getting hit by a hammer I don't quite remember.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »

I've seen permanent lung damage on dwarves and had it happen to me. Your best bet is probably to become a vampire if that happens.

I once had an adventurer who, among other things, had a divine metal short sword lodged in his lung.