Badger badger badger badger
- 4 (26.7%)
Badger badger badger badger
- 2 (13.3%)
Mushroom mushroom
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99]

Author Topic: Ye Gods 4 IC [20/40]: Tick 63: Epilogue  (Read 96400 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 4 IC [15/40]: Tick 61: Look at implosion
« Reply #1470 on: July 10, 2017, 08:25:08 am »

"Evidently my machinations are too well hidden, if nobody notices it helping them."

Fortuna sighs

"Needs must, I suppose..."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 10, 2017, 09:05:23 am »

[Katzerie, the Token God]

Katzerie works on... something. In the Panzerwerk.
"Power... power... combustion."
She makes a jet engine. Which sucks in air, compresses it, then heats it. The heated air expands, which makes it exit at a greater velocity, pushing the engine forwards.
Then Katzerie makes a chassis to hold this engine.

Katzerie spends 25 Essence to make an aircraft. Called the Shimmerhawk Fighter Plane.
It is a jetpowered fighter armed with sturmkannone and generic missiles.
Katzerie uses 5 Essence to boost production of Shimmerhawks Fighter Planes, and make them in 3 sizes. Shimmerhand, Katten, and Dagomoth.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Gryffon15

• Bay Watcher
  • Game playing mythical beast!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 10, 2017, 10:33:01 pm »

Kadden with a wide smile and much oohing and ahh-ing, accepted the stampwood, and cutting off a piece for his personal collection he spent three days and nights carving the perfect likeness of the godspider onto the rest of it, and around it's edges he framed it with wrappings of the godspider's own silk. Looking down at the sleeping Wickerman, he smiled and placed the carving beside his bed.

For a time, Kadden wandered through his vast collection after adding the pieces of wood to it. He looked at it for a great deal of time, before beginning to feel melancholy. Was it right to hoard all these wonders, that he had found freely on the mountain, for his eyes only? 'No. No, it was not.' He pondered this for a great deal of time, before an answer came to him.

""I got it! I'll fill the festival plains with them! That way, all who come will have my gifts and blessings in a way that anyone can see! He-He! Sometimes I think I might be too clever for my own good!"

With that Kadden began blessing the objects of his vast hoard and cast them through out the festival valley. As well he sent word to his prophets and dreams to his people, boaating of the rich hoard that will be theirs when they arrive on the festival grounds. 'If that won't convince the holdouts to come, nothing short of divine intervention will.' Kadden thought to himself. The feeling of melancholy returned as he gazed at his now empty hoard, but it was bittersweet as soon he would get to fill it all over again. With that idea, Kadden turned towards his people, their prayers and hopefully their arrival soon enough.

Kadden spends 6 Essence to fill the festival plains with countless relics, each blessed to protect their holder and their journeys.

Kadden listens to the prayers
Gryffons, not just eagle- lions you know. We like to play games too.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 4 IC [15/40]: Tick 62: Nah, too cool
« Reply #1473 on: July 18, 2017, 07:39:04 pm »

Tick 62.0: Nah, too cool

Katzerie constructs different-sized prototypes of Shimmerhawk Fighter Planes for the Dagomoths, Katten, and Shimmerhands (and not Shimmermen as would be expected). Production begins, and the Dagomoths, Katten, and Shimmermen soon have a sizeable air force. (Katzerie: -30E)

The Subjugator rolls along, and a nearby, well-hidden hut filled with eldritch cultists vanishes into thin air! Anti-Fortuna malcontents fall in with the Temple, marveling at how the Temple seems to have protected them from smitey explosions! Ley lines around the temple begin flaring constantly.

Kadden has made a beautiful engraving of the godspider in stampwood after taking a piece and returned it to the Wickerman naturalist, who immediately begins making a negative copy. Dissatisfied with his collection, Kadden blesses and donates it to all who can find it, scattered as it is throughout the valley, making sure to inform his followers of this. (Kadden: -6E) Turnout quickly increases! Kadden listens to prayers:
   Molski helmscrab: "We are at the nearest port!"
   Wickerman finder: "So many things from so many places! Thanks!"
   Scorim archivist: "But these things belong in museums!"

Wstfgl's projects remain, but they seem slightly damaged:
   Permakill the god responsible for the deaths of Sadiq and LYT. (effective total: 75E)
      48E from Wstfgl

Fix the Wall (effective total: 50E)
      48E from Wstfgl

Spreads a glowing layer of mists over the lands to provide light and sanity (effective total: 15E)
      14E from Wstfgl

Spoiler: Deities(20) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere suggestions this Tick are Volcanos and Storms. For opposed spheres, try opposing Engineering or Piracy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:29:04 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 19, 2017, 05:37:54 am »

"Hm... I need to, apply... to the spheres."
Katzerie uses 10 Essence to make Comfy Chairs, and spread the design among her creations.
"Actually, this could..."
Katzerie uses 10 Essence to make an airplane version of the Comfy Chairs, the Comfy Flightchairs, which eases the discomfort of high-G maneuvers in the Shimmerhawk Fighter Planes.

"Go forth, and show people the comfort I may offer."
Katzerie orders people convert non-Katzerie worshipers to her with Comfy Chairs.
They shall submit to it's comfort, and only worship her.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 19, 2017, 06:41:32 am »

Spend 40 essence to convert the Katten and Porcelainians to worshipping Landria.

Spend 40 essence to curse all chairs not dedicated to Landria to be extremely uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:29:28 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 19, 2017, 10:33:04 am »

Poke the subjicator with a stick. Laugh maniacally while do so then vanish in a puff of unlogic!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 19, 2017, 01:29:07 pm »

Poke the subjicator with a stick. Laugh maniacally while do so then vanish in a puff of unlogic!
Spend 20 essence to catch the stick-poker in the act, and trap them if possible.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 19, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

Gandtrael chuckles at the fact that floating brains use no chairs, as they like the floor as well as couches

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 19, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

Spend 40 essence to convert the Katten and Porcelainians to worshipping Landria.

Spend 40 essence to curse all chairs not dedicated to Landria to be extremely uncomfortable.

Oppose both actions. It's not gonna do much, but it's a... *puts on sunglasses* token effort.

Have the airforce airstrike any Subjugator! sent at Katzerie's followers. Citing that the name Subjugator! doesn't imply the best of intentions.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 4 IC [20/40]: Tick 63: Epilogue
« Reply #1480 on: December 10, 2017, 08:19:39 pm »

Tick 63.0: Epilogue

Katzerie has invented Comfy Chairs and Comfy Flightchairs. The Comfy Chairs are distributed among the Kats, who proceed to use them to convert the other races through sheer comfort with moderate success. (Katzerie: -20E) This is soon interrupted by non-Landrian chairs becoming extremely uncomfortable, incidentally also popularizing the standing desk. (Landria: -40E)

Landria has gone around converting Katten with meager results. Something about the effort calls to mind some idiom about herding cats. (Landria: -40E) The Porcelainians are much more receptive.

Also, Katzerie opposes Landria's work.

A maniacally laughing ruststorm erupts near the Subjugator! Nearby trees, uprooted and carried by the force, scatter those around the Subjugator! Landria rushes to trap the ruststorm, successfully binding it into a solid form! (Landria: -20E) Something soon flashes, and Landria, too, is trapped! The Subjugator reverses its course to avoid undoing the gods' prisons and is quickly bombarded by Katten air forces. While only a few projectiles get through without vanishing, these few manage to inflict heavy losses on the Subjugator!'s parade.

Wstfgl has mostly been reassembled somehow, but the godly spark seems to still be gone somehow.

Wstfgl's projects remain, but they seem slightly damaged:
   Permakill the god responsible for the deaths of Sadiq and LYT. (effective total: 75E)
      48E from Wstfgl

Fix the Wall (effective total: 50E)
      48E from Wstfgl

Spreads a glowing layer of mists over the lands to provide light and sanity (effective total: 15E)
      14E from Wstfgl

Landria is soon freed by a purple tidal wave and collects the trapped ruststorm. Landria's investigations gradually leak, and the ruststorm is soon identified as Eber, formerly Majfakdsfjasdjfnaioai. An agent of the Void, Eber is eventually banished into the Void largely through Landria's efforts, although occasional cults of rust pop up here and there. Additionally, the Subjugator! suddenly disappears along with all its staff while attempting to disappear a large Void cult.

Landria's races, even those made with other gods, continue in much the same direction they have always had. The Anansi and Art3 continue their exotic industrial work and bizarre experiments, and the Shimmerhands continue their pioneering work on illusions, albeit without the maniacal focus on Luck as an illusion. The Terminae, however, underwent a bloody revolution abolishing their caste system only to run up against biological imperative. After an equally bloody counterrevolution reinstalling the royal caste, they have, aided by potent necromancy, begun expanding their reach outside the dark caverns of the Mountain to the horror of the other races.

Katzerie and Landria continue their cold war, even if a sizeable number of their children worship the two together. The Katten continue to thrive in their niches, and Katzerie continues to churn out various inventions to improve their lives. Landria's popularity among them occasionally spikes when Katzerie descends for a Great Washing. Aside from the occasional bloody war between Shimmermen and Shimmerhands, everything is generally quiet. The Dagomoths have mostly retreated to the untamed parts of the world and are still feared for their terrifying powers and connection to the Void. The Fluffybees eventually regain their speech despite Landria's occasional hexes. The Porcelainians have constructed a small city built entirely out of stoneware popular among travelers.

The Zwerg continue to thrive in the lower forests, slowly colonizing upwards. Always somewhat withdrawn and difficult to reach, those living in the deep wood fade from general memory into legends of beautiful but dangerous forestfolk.

Piracy, long suppressed by the Nautils, undergoes a renaissance of rum and plunder thanks to the increasing adoption of air transport. Tales of a ghost ship crewed by none other than Praven himself spread, and the occasional outright disappearance of a ship is soon attributed to the VAE HORRENDI.

The silence of the Moon is noticed by the Dream-feeders. Many years later, the once-heretical Priests of the New Beginning manage to complete a powerful, blasphemous ritual at great cost to bring Wstfgl (or something very much like Wstfgl) back. The Moon speaks once more, though only in whispers, and true terror gains a foothold in the dream world.

Thanks to Sadiq's foresight, Jannah retains its status as the center of the civilized world long after his untimely demise. Although tempered by strict building codes, the city continues to expand, the sprawl eventually spanning three levels of the Mountain. At some point, the names hung over Sadiq's mantle disappear with unknown consequences...

Even without Xislo's close guidance, the magic academies continue to flourish, but with expansion come disagreements, and many smaller, more specialized schools appear throughout the lands, hoarding especially powerful Ley line intersections. The general populace is only too happy to buy the competitively priced applications being churned out by the Blue-White manufactories.

Zenrach's races continue to worship him, although their characterization of him slowly drifts to that of a god of Chaos and Strangeness more than one of Death and Chaos.

LYT's stalwart children continue to await Its return, fervently working to oppose eldritch influence as LYT had done. The Subjugator!, widely considered to be an echo of LYT's Empyreal Wall, continues to spark heated debate on its connection to LYT following its sudden disappearance. Some hold it to be an avatar of LYT, forcing the world itself to come to terms with its TRUTH or FALSITY. Others consider it a mere tool of Landria, intended to lead LYT and Fortuna's worshippers astray.

Gandtrael continues to maintain Rorrim and watch the Gandtraelites, possibly looking for signs of new Mag-ferret infestation. Still a realm of vivid possibilities and imagination filled with all manner of curious spirits, the stigma against psymental magic gradually fades, and psymental subcultures form throughout the Mountain, whether in search of hidden truths or a good time.

The ancestral lands of the Fhortan are gradually developed as further Fortuna's Fancy tournaments continue, now without strange sudden deaths. Ever lucky, the Fhortan manage to find plenty of work mediating and bargaining on behalf of those able to afford their services. Additionally, as a result of the disappearance of the Subjugator!, the debate on whether Luck is an illusion soon subsides, and Fortuna develops a somewhat casual but wide worship base.

Death, after eliminating a strangely pungent godfungus and a pink dress, continues work as sole god of a great many Daoine, many of which quickly reverted to their traditional beliefs and returned to their lands after pressure from a certain pantheon stopped. Many of the more adventurous remain outside, where they find no end of work undoing the Terminae necromancers' abominations, and Death enjoys great support among those threatened by the Terminae.

Frami's children of earth, water, and fire postulate the existence of a fourth race born of air high up in the Mountain, but no evidence of this is ever found aside from the occasional fake created by magic. They become renowed merchants thanks to the coverage of their combined routes, linking those deep underground with those in outlying islands. While Frami seems absent, the Arani, Nautils, Beastmen, Hyrrans, and Venusians continue to thrive by cultivating their finest.

Kriege remains missing, but the Mongrels and Sassadern are unwavering in their faith in strength. While a few join the urban races, many continue to occasionally plunder the settlements of the other races.

Visalash drifts away from the other gods and occasionally disappears entirely, seemingly shocked and horrified by the deaths among them. The Omser and Epperts have long since adapted to the frequent silence of their god and find comfort in quiet study at the great magical academies or deep in the wilderness. Many Scorim also begin turning to Visalash with the unspoken hope of overcoming their natural antimagic through scientific advancement, and Visalash also picks up worshippers among the mundane sciences as a result.

Kadden, having concluded a massive gathering, resumes his wandering and is soon associated with hospitality in addition to travel. Collecting unique fragments of cultural history from across the Mountain that often end up in museums, Kadden gains plenty of quiet praise and respect from the gneral populace at large.

Spoiler: Deities(20) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:24:00 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99]