Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way?  (Read 926 times)

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there any way?
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:28 am »

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread or whatever. I was wondering if there was any way to edit dwarf fortress's newest version and putting in 34.11's questing system. I think DF/A (the only dwarf fortress I play cause I'm a filthy scrub) would be way better with the old quest system so that you can actually find things. I've asked for help with the new "quest" system before but it's just not working out for me.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:53:05 am »

Not possible. It's hard-coded and fundamentally different.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »

Okay. Well hopefully in an update soon they will get rid of the rumor system and bring quests back. I doubt that will happen though. Thanks for the reply.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 04:48:24 pm »

Hearths give quests.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:19:19 am »

Okay. Well hopefully in an update soon they will get rid of the rumor system and bring quests back. I doubt that will happen though. Thanks for the reply.

Quests ARE in you just need to be a member of a group, liek a bandit or a hearthperson or a fortress guard or a dwarven millitia-man  and you get it from your millitary commander

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Quest
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 02:35:54 pm »

The only issue I have with the new system is that there are a bunch of useless rumors (many about harmless animals "attacking" you) that you can't filter out in any meaningful way. You can't filter out the actual kills from the fights (both real and imagined.) You can't filter which rumors you've already spread. You can't tell from the 'Q' screen bestiary which creatures are known to be alive or dead, nor can you filter them.

Being able to set a destination marker (in lieu of the old quest markers) would also be really useful. I keep forgetting where I'm headed every time I have to drop out of travel mode to do something.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 05:56:44 pm »

The only issue I have with the new system is that there are a bunch of useless rumors (many about harmless animals "attacking" you) that you can't filter out in any meaningful way. You can't filter out the actual kills from the fights (both real and imagined.) You can't filter which rumors you've already spread. You can't tell from the 'Q' screen bestiary which creatures are known to be alive or dead, nor can you filter them.

Being able to set a destination marker (in lieu of the old quest markers) would also be really useful. I keep forgetting where I'm headed every time I have to drop out of travel mode to do something.

Yeah the filter is quite annoying

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 07:02:30 pm »

You can get a marker if you ask someone to guide you to the place (it then shows up exactly how it used to)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 11:37:38 am »

You can get a marker if you ask someone to guide you to the place (it then shows up exactly how it used to)
Interesting. Didn't know that.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:27 pm »

Interesting. Didn't know that.

Me either, I don't ask them to guide me to places much