Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update 1.11 - GOLEMS AND RUNES! - Dwarven high-end features  (Read 12258 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.11 - Updated 22th July 2016 - For DF.43.03 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update. More dwarf features!

Golems!

Dwarves can create golems. Metal humanoids that never tire, eat or complain. They feel no pain, no exertion. They can equip armor and weapons, do labors and join your military; but can not become nobles or learn most skills. Only combat skills slowly evolve.

Golems are made in the Golemforge, which is a magma-only building. To build it, you require 4 orichalcum bars and 4 orichalcum anvils, which means you need to smelt a lot of bars (on average 800) before you have this much orichalcum gathered. This ensures that you build this late in the game.

Each golem costs 30 metal bars and a large gem. You can use any metal, build Adamantine golem, Rose-gold golems, Steel golems, your pick.

Spoiler: Golemforge (click to show/hide)

Runes!

The dwarven runesmith engraves weapons, ammo or traps-components with runes. These add special effects to each of their attacks. Any metal can be used, and each metal gives a different bonus. You can engrave as many different runes on the same item as you like.

To engrave runes, you need the Runesmith, which requires magma, 4 mithril bars and 4 mithril anvils. It is also a magma-only building, there is no non-magma version.

Spoiler: Runesmith (click to show/hide)

Notes: Small, yet high-end update this week. I also added Boltguns Succubi embark profiles and fixed the Goblin Muckracker reactions in Smakes Orc mode. :)

Future of the mod: Still waiting for more people to vote on the poll.
Patreon: 1000 downloads and massive kobold update with 9 new workshops last week; yet no new patrons. I must be doing something wrong. :P

Cheers,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Update 1.11 - GOLEMS AND RUNES! - Dwarven high-end features
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »

Okay now I have to do a modified hermit start with a rogue dwarf runelord who has decided to set up a golem forge all by himself. He'll be the only living thing in the fortress. This is awesome!

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:36:03 pm »

Guessing there was an update to the dwarf civ file, any of the other playables? Thanks

Nidhoggur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:56 pm »

Golems and runes, two of my favorite features return, awesome! Question: didn't the golem creation killed the dwarf doing the reaction in the old version? Or am I just don't remember correctly?

Awite Nirpaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:05 pm »

Nice, keep up the good work

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:26:51 pm »

Golems and runes, two of my favorite features return, awesome! Question: didn't the golem creation killed the dwarf doing the reaction in the old version? Or am I just don't remember correctly?
It did, but no more.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:19:18 pm »

Got back into DF. Spent the last week generating a world. Spent the whole day yesterday building a wall with towers and such around my fort. Now you release awesome stuff.....

I guess I know what I will be doing next week :)

On another note, did you update Armok Vision to the latest version, the one in the last two packs didn't work, but there is a fixed version on github somewhere?

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »

I think the manual is in need of updating, can you update it with all the new stuff next release?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »

One of my favorite Jewish legends has come to Masterwork!

Emet! Emet!
!אמת! אמת
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »

Hermit mode is crashing when I try to play it.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 06:56:46 pm »

i think i preferred it when golem creation required losing a dwarf.
made me want to make a golemancer tower

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »

When the old golems were in, I always got a little freaked out at abandoning a fort.

Like there was a dwarven soul trapped in a metal body, wandering the darkened hallways and ruins forever after he sacrificed his physical life to preserve the fortress.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

wouldn't it be more fitting to call them automatons rather then golems?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 07:27:53 pm »

wouldn't it be more fitting to call them automatons rather then golems?
why? Mythical golems were statues with scrolls in their heads.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »

I'm not sure if this was was brought up before, but I am noticing that grazing animals seem to eat far more grass now. They keep leaving their pastures barren far more quickly than before and it is hard to keep even just two grazers in one area without them starving in minutes. Was there a change that would have caused this situation, or is it a quirk of the game version, or something?