Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: SoundCenSe, a c# port of SoundSense  (Read 77277 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundCenSe, a c# port of SoundSense
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »

I'm not a lawyer, but according to their Wikipedia article, they have a non-commercial license that allows for redistribution as long as you're not making money off of it.

I'd like to test it out on OS X. I guess I just need Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03 with DFHack release 1, right?

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »

Actually any DF version should work, since i only read the gamelog.

I know of the non-commercial license, but for the libs alone? Lawyers have weird ways of thinking :)

I'll pm you the link.

edit: Sent and thanks
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:00:22 pm by Algorithman »

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 05:28:40 am »

I just downloaded the latest release.

I put it in c:\users\username\Downloads\SoundCenSe folder.
I moved over the soundsense packs folder and started SoundCenSe and pressed update:

Update finished.

I start Dwarf Fortress from D:\Games\DwarfFortress\Ironhand\Dwarf Fortress.exe

No sound... I thought this would find the gamelog on it's own?

Looking through Configuration.json gamelogPath is =   "gamelogPath": "D:\\DF 0.43.03\\Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03\\gamelog.txt",

I guess that's on your system?

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 05:31:41 am »

Changing the path doesn't seem to do anything. When I set the path with only single \ the program doesn't even start.

Log file says this.
2016-07-30 22:15:16.4623|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2016-07-30 22:15:16.8004|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2016-07-30 22:16:22.3722|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2016-07-30 22:16:22.6787|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2016-07-30 22:17:16.6116|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2016-07-30 22:17:17.0562|WARN|SoundCenSe.Configuration.Sounds.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 05:38:20 am »

Looking through Configuration.json gamelogPath is =   "gamelogPath": "D:\\DF 0.43.03\\Dwarf Fortress 0.43.03\\gamelog.txt",

I think you're supposed to use that file to tell it where your gamelog is located.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 06:40:23 am »

Why would "0.43.03" be in the path twice, then? (And why would it be in the D drive?)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 09:21:40 am »

Why would "0.43.03" be in the path twice, then? (And why would it be in the D drive?)
i use the LNP and it's on my "I:\" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 12:18:27 pm »

oh sry, thats where my DF testing grounds are. Config keeps track of the DF path last played.

And it should find the process on its own, yes. I check for the process name "Dwarf Fortress", get path and use it to look for gamelog.txt.
Which version did you try it with, Maltavius? Did the red circle turn green (right lower corner of the window)?

Did you try the Winforms or the GTK version (developer branch)?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:21:51 pm by Algorithman »

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 04:25:57 pm »

The GTK version is nearly done, just a few tweaks to get in for the auto-detection on *nix and some optimizing.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 05:40:10 pm »

Will users be required to install Mono SRE or something to run the release version of SoundCenSe??

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 05:53:00 pm »

Dont think so. there is no dynamic code creation involved. Normal mono installation should be enough.

The showstopper now is to get the path to the gamelog. Since Process.MainModule isnt really working on unix...

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »

I guess you already know that SoundSense directs used to install it into the Dwarf Fortress folder and then the config file is set to look in the parent directory by default. That works fine for me.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 04:03:50 am »

oh sry, thats where my DF testing grounds are. Config keeps track of the DF path last played.

And it should find the process on its own, yes. I check for the process name "Dwarf Fortress", get path and use it to look for gamelog.txt.
Which version did you try it with, Maltavius? Did the red circle turn green (right lower corner of the window)?

Did you try the Winforms or the GTK version (developer branch)?

My correct path is this:
"D:\Spel\Dwarf Fortress\Ironhand_43_05A\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress.exe"

I'ts 0.43.05

I'm on Windows 10
I downloaded "SoundCenSe v1.2.4 Win32.zip" from https://github.com/Algorithman/SoundCenSe/releases

The Red circle never turned green.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 04:48:03 am »

Hmm, Win10. Don't have it, probably never will.
On win7 it never failed me to get the location of the gamelog. Maybe some security settings in win10 prevent other processes to check their location. Maybe i'll find something.

Meanwhile, i'll get the GTK version for linux and osx online this weekend.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 07:31:06 am »

Watching with interest :D

It looks like something strange is happening with your binaries on the release page - can you simply add them to the release instead of manually linking to a version in the /files/ space?  That way they're discoverable via the GH API...

I'd also be excited for a configuration option "soundpack location", so people using this and classic Soundsense could share the many megabytes of audio files.

With those, I'd put it in my pack... if you're OK with that  ;)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8