Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: SoundCenSe, a c# port of SoundSense  (Read 77229 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SoundCenSe, a c# port of SoundSense
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2017, 08:33:05 am »

b) annoying to make it Windows only.
Odd thing to say when the OP states the exact opposite.
I've found that a lot of C# things that claim to work on non-Windows actually don't, although that may have improved since I last tried. On the other hand, there are screenshots of this running on OS X and Linux in the first post, so that's promising, but no OS X instructions or builds that I could find.

Moonshine Fox: it's a bit buried, but there's a Linux build on GitHub at the releases link from the first post, under 1.3-RC2.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2017, 04:57:45 pm »

Don't mind me, just posting to watch. :)
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2017, 07:21:22 am »

Once I get back from my trip, I'll give this a whirl. I'm on 64 bit ArchLinux. So we'll see whatever bugs I can dig up.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2017, 07:12:45 am »

Well, no matter what I try, MonoDevelop ends up crashing trying to open any solution files, so I've been unsuccessful in compiling this on my system. Back to regular SoundSense for me.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2017, 08:15:06 am »

Sorry for the long absence, my irl workload is a bit higher than usual :)

Hmm, thats odd, just tried and works fine.

Code: [Select]
XBuild Engine Version 14.0
Mono, Version 4.6.2.0
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Various Mono authors

Build started 25.06.2017 15:13:30.
Target Build:
Project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/Misc/Misc.csproj" (default target(s)):
Target PrepareForBuild:
Configuration: Debug Platform: AnyCPU
Target GenerateSatelliteAssemblies:
No input files were specified for target GenerateSatelliteAssemblies, skipping.
Target _GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute:
Skipping target "_GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute" because its outputs are up-to-date.
Target CoreCompile:
Skipping target "CoreCompile" because its outputs are up-to-date.
Done building project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/Misc/Misc.csproj".
Project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/SoundCenSeGUI/SoundCenSeGUI.csproj" (default target(s)):
Target PrepareForBuild:
Configuration: Debug Platform: AnyCPU
Skipping target "_GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute" because its outputs are up-to-date.
Target CoreCompile:
Done building project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/SoundCenSeGUI/SoundCenSeGUI.csproj".
Project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/SoundCenSeGTK/SoundCenSeGTK.csproj" (default target(s)):
Target PrepareForBuild:
Configuration: Debug Platform: x86
Target CoreCompile:
Target _CopyDeployFilesToOutputDirectoryPreserveNewest:
Skipping target "_CopyDeployFilesToOutputDirectoryPreserveNewest" because its outputs are up-to-date.
Done building project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/SoundCenSeGTK/SoundCenSeGTK.csproj".
Done building project "/home/chris/test/SoundCenSe/SoundCenSe GTK/SoundCenSeGTK.sln".

Build succeeded.
0 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.7298700

Tried on Debian Stretch with monodevelop 5.10 and
XBuild Engine Version 14.0
Mono, Version 4.6.2.0

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2017, 04:13:25 am »

Apparently I'm missing NLog and Newtonsoft-Json, that's why it's failing. Not sure where I can find those dependencies for Arch, but I'll have a look.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2017, 03:38:39 pm »

They're nuget packages, monodevelop with mrward's nuget addin (https://github.com/mrward/monodevelop-nuget-addin) should do the trick.

Maltavius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2017, 10:15:08 am »

Does it work with .NET Core for Linux?

https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/linux

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2017, 11:11:55 am »

It might, didn't try it yet.
The source code should compile fine, only thing would be the project file. Dunno if NetCore does use the same csproj file structure.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »

New Version specially for Win10 users:

https://github.com/Algorithman/SoundCenSe/releases/tag/1.4.4

Thx to thmsndk i wouldnt have found the thread concurrency (which did never hit me on Win7).

This should prevent the frequent crashes you might have experienced.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:58:04 pm by Algorithman »

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2017, 10:26:12 pm »

Hi, don't seem to get any sound while running the utility. Going through the thread, it seems like it should be showing up in my windows volume mixer as well, and not seeing it.

Here is my log.txt output:

Code: [Select]
2017-07-24 18:30:13.1267|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.MainClass|Checking dll in registry
2017-07-24 18:30:13.6815|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2017-07-24 18:34:06.5788|ERROR|SoundCenSeGTK.PackDownloader|File http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack/autoUpdater.xml had wrong checksum (45328223b0bc4983941a7eef45e6721821a0207c<->b67a8d1a88a896bf3d1677d41037f17fa08e8170
2017-07-24 22:06:20.6350|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.MainClass|Checking dll in registry
2017-07-24 22:06:22.5759|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).
2017-07-24 22:13:23.2266|ERROR|SoundCenSeGTK.PackDownloader|File http://df.zweistein.cz/soundsense/soundpack/autoUpdater.xml had wrong checksum (45328223b0bc4983941a7eef45e6721821a0207c<->b67a8d1a88a896bf3d1677d41037f17fa08e8170
2017-07-24 22:13:36.7621|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.MainClass|Checking dll in registry
2017-07-24 22:13:38.0461|WARN|SoundCenSeGTK.SoundsXML|Include listing tag without valid 'filePathAndName' attribute encountered (make sure it ends in '.xml'!).

I am using the version included with PE's LNP 0.43.05r07 - I am also having the same problem on another computer using the version included with version 0.43.05r08.

I have tried with the sound setting in the LNP at both the Sound:No and Sound:YES setting. (Another question... which is correct, I assume Sound:NO because that is the built in sound from DF)

Btw, I do have:
  .Net 4 installed
  Gtk-sharp installed (via link in original post)
  I seem to have a bunch of Visual C++ runtime installed (looking in controlpanel/uninstallprogram list) - do I need to install the one linked in original post as well? is that a special one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2017, 12:34:08 am »

Hi blacksmokedmax,

Is the colored icon in the lower right hand corner of the window red or green? If it's red then soundcense didn't know where to find df. Check the settings tab and turn off the automatic detect option. Then you'll be able to set the path manually.

Pls let me know if you still have problems.

As for the auto detection I'll look into it later tonight. It might be broken.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:44:32 am by Algorithman »

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 02:26:22 am »

Hi blacksmokedmax,

Is the colored icon in the lower right hand corner of the window red or green? If it's red then soundcense didn't know where to find df. Check the settings tab and turn off the automatic detect option. Then you'll be able to set the path manually.

My icon was indeed red. When setting the path manually, it seemed to have the correct folder selected, but not the file within. It opened up in the right folder and I selected the gamelog. Music started playing immediately. So far that is all I have heard, but I didn't play long, just wanted to do a quick test. Is there a quick way to force some other sounds, or any actions I can take in game to check if everything is working fine?

Also, was I correct in assuming the sound should be set to Off in the LNP?

Thanks for your help! And thanks to both you and zwei for a great addon! (and of course to all the modders that help make this game even greater!)

Algorithman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 11:58:17 am »

You're welcome.

And yes, the sound entry in LNP should be off. Otherwise DF and soundcense would be playing at the same time.

Buckley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2017, 09:02:21 am »

Hi blacksmokedmax,

My icon was indeed red. When setting the path manually, it seemed to have the correct folder selected, but not the file within. It opened up in the right folder and I selected the gamelog. Music started playing immediately. So far that is all I have heard, but I didn't play long, just wanted to do a quick test. Is there a quick way to force some other sounds, or any actions I can take in game to check if everything is working fine?

Also, was I correct in assuming the sound should be set to Off in the LNP?

Thanks for your help! And thanks to both you and zwei for a great addon! (and of course to all the modders that help make this game even greater!)

Came here to look for answers to the exact same issue.  Was getting no sound and having the log throw the wrong checksum error.  Disabled auto detect and manually set the path to open the gamelog and it started working immediately... music, sounds, etc.

Now Ima fuddle around with config options.

Thanks for this utility.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8