Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Natural powers to adventurer?  (Read 2012 times)

FatalIdiot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Natural powers to adventurer?
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:27:55 pm »

Hi all, just wanted to know if it is possible to add necromancer or dragonfire powers to your adventurer via DFHack of in any other way? Thanks.

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Natural powers to adventurer?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 05:35:10 pm »

Well, you could make a new sapient species or caste with dragon fire and necromancer powers by editing the raw files.

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you do this, you'll have to generate a new world afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:39:33 pm by Jako98145 »

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »

If you want to be a necromancer, you can type in the DFHack console:

gui/hack-wish

For it to work you must press L, move the cursor over yourself, then press A BEFORE typing that command. A neat menu with a list of items should pop up.

Amongst giving yourself adamantine swords and steaks of any flavour, you should be able to give yourself a book containing the secrets of life and death.

FatalIdiot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:30:22 am »

Thanks, very helpful, tho I couldn't find the needed book)

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:29:07 am »

Using gui/hack-wish turns up a list of nonsense words, though. I imagine they're the language of the dwarven civ I'm a part of, but I really don't want to go through and individually translate each one, especially with no search function. Any way around that?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 11:04:48 am »

I don't know how you would hack-wish a necroslab, but if you made a normal slab and then gui/gm-editor while viewing it you can go down to the bottom entries and change it to inscription_type 6(Secret) and then put anything in the description text part you read, and simply read it.

If you want to add adventurer only abilities the best way is to put in a primer interaction that grants a syndrome but has USAGE_HINT:ATTACK and TARGET:SELF_ONLY so npcs won't spam it but you can use it yourself.