Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Bug?) Infinite zombies, noooo! (Screenshot)  (Read 946 times)

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Bug?) Infinite zombies, noooo! (Screenshot)
« on: July 23, 2016, 05:16:46 am »

I was tasked by my fortress guard to drive out The Big Polish - an entity of necromancers as far as I can tell - out from Presentjoined, a tower.

Legends Viewer / World Viewer shows there to be 10 necromancers in total, all of which I've slain.

Yet, after splitting every animated corpse I could find, and emptying the tower, it refills!

Seeing the tower filled up with zombies again, I did a test, that perhaps I may collect some advice from you...

- In the DFHack console on the left you can see I at first called 'exterminate Undead' to guarantee the area clear of zombies. The additional 'exterminate' commands called were simply to check for any other species still present (to check for any more zombies).

- I check Shift+Q, agreement says 'not complete'. Huh, this is different from the bandits where it says 'complete, report back' after I killed them all.

- I collected all the books, took them back to the world-generated fortress I'm a guard of, went to the bottom and dumped them all into the magma pit.

- Then I went back to the tower, and I saw an exclamation mark behind the tower's walls. Map reveal, what do I find? Another 105! (See top and bottom of DFHack window) EVEN THE BOOKS REMATERIALISED! I can't get the agreement done!

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Bug?) Infinite zombies, noooo! (Screenshot)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 08:23:29 am »

I can confirm that zombies reappear even if no necromancers live in the tower anymore.
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:03:28 am »

May be a problem with df hack, in my game they dont seem to respawn (And I never use outside utilities)

The ACTUAL zombie population number can be found if you go through the xml or use legends viewer and click on the tower. sometimes it refills a little if there are some zombies left in the number after you attack the first time, and killing them works eventually after you kill off the whole listed "population" number.

But this isnt new, I have heard other people say they respawn, and other people say they dont, it may be a bug, may be intended, it may just be an fps saving number that limits the amount of zombies it grabs from the pop number at a time  to allow a player to actually enter the tower we are not sure.

But we know it isnt true all the time.,

ALso necros will leave the tower with a troop of zombies and attack nearby sites via world activation now periodically (including goblin sites!) and they may raise zombies post world activation now , if so it would "teleport" them to the tower.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:15:55 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 07:11:11 pm »

Welp, guess I'm gonna use the advanced parameters to disable secrets (necro towers) until this gets sorted out in a future version, maybe :P

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:21:46 pm »

note to self see if I can do this so I can kick start a zombie apoc setting for adv camps.

but yeah zombies in towers act like peasants in sites mostly in that their Generated to fill the site pop cap.
and come in armored and wearing clothes and stuff. fooling around in dfhack of old pointed out you can apply any interaction or syndrome on a town wide basis  through poking at the town population data.
and necro towers are basically handful of historical figure necros, and a pack full of generated mooks.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 02:02:43 am »

note to self see if I can do this so I can kick start a zombie apoc setting for adv camps.

but yeah zombies in towers act like peasants in sites mostly in that their Generated to fill the site pop cap.
and come in armored and wearing clothes and stuff. fooling around in dfhack of old pointed out you can apply any interaction or syndrome on a town wide basis  through poking at the town population data.
and necro towers are basically handful of historical figure necros, and a pack full of generated mooks.

Yep and killing them is supposed to lower the population. But as I said it sometimes bugs out.( or something is happening we don't know about)
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com