Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Haeum Sung (Game over, thanks for playing!)  (Read 35441 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] Potential pathfinder game
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 10:54:07 am »

I would also like to express an interest. More to come.
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 11:48:55 am »

Sheet thus far, stats, skills and spells done (with likely changes as party composition becomes clearer), will hold off on equipment until I see what the rest of the party's going to be.

Several questions:
  • The Undead Bloodline Arcana states that the sorcerer in question applies spell effects to corporeal undead that used to be humanoids as humanoids. So that means mind-affecting spells work on all undead, right?
  • A dhampir is healed by negative energy. What would happen if I used Vampiric Touch on myself (at 10th level it deals 5d6 negative energy damage on touch, adds the damage dealt to temp HP)? Would that even work? I was wondering, since the bloodline specifies that I get it anyway. What about Chill Touch, which is also a bloodline spell?
  • There's some bits about XP progression speeds in the OGC, we're using medium, I assume?
  • How do feats work, exactly? Same as 3.5?

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 01:32:33 pm »

Feats in Pathfinder are every odd level rather than every 3 if my memory is correct.

I'm perfectly good with it being level 10 though if the majority wants it to be a lower level I won't protest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:38:29 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 02:23:35 pm »

1. It would seem so yes. All Humanoid, corporeal undead.
2. You would heal yourself if the spell was negative energy... But vampiric touch does not state it is a negative energy effect. :(
3. Medium is standard progression I think

About being a dhampir, I would caution that people are kinda afraid of undead and exceptionally violent towards them... I hope you have some explanation for that :D

Also, I think I do in fact want to start at level 7. Sorry for those those who already completed a perfect level 10 character!

Edit: the final time slot is shaping up to be Saturday 7 or 8pm KST
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:24:13 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »

2. You would heal yourself if the spell was negative energy... But vampiric touch does not state it is a negative energy effect. :(

It seems at the very least strongly implied that it's negative energy. For one, it's a gift of the undead bloodline. It's got 'vampiric' in the name. Though admittedly yes, it doesn't explicitly say that that's what it is (so it would hypothetically work on undead just as well as any other creature), so if you read that to the letter it's... untyped damage? Is that a thing in Pathfinder? It applied to some things in 3.5, like the eldritch blast.

About being a dhampir, I would caution that people are kinda afraid of undead and exceptionally violent towards them... I hope you have some explanation for that :D

He's not quite undead. He's just... living-challenged. Possibly a relic of a very disgraceful incident where a vampire managed to sneak into town, serving as a landmark case for tightening up the regulations (for instance, the need to put up an anti-magic field to deter illusionary fuckery). And he's also wildly magical by his very nature. And he looks a lot like this, maybe a little chubbier.

Really, he's kind of a melting pot of obvious hazards, to the point where I'd assume he's used to getting his house burned down every now and again while he's out on an expedition. That's actually why he started going on expeditions to begin with, most likely, much safer to be in other places when people want to burn your house down. And you get to earn money with which to rebuild your house too.

Also, fixed up the bits to fit level 7. Fewer spells, but hey, at least we're not already approaching late midgame when we start. I take it we get less cash to operate with as well, yes?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:43:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »

Since there is some restrictions about Divine-ish classes, is the Silver Crane martial discipline (from Path of War) allowed? It's basically the Paladin-equivalent discipline.
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 08:11:14 pm »

Ah yes, starting gold should be 50000gp now.

Silver Crane is fine.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »

Is the maximum cost per item the same or has that changed as well?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 08:32:34 pm »

Max cost per item is 20000gp! I'll update the first post.

Really tho it's just so you don't spend all your money on one item and get rekt :v
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:34:19 pm by Skyrunner »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 09:09:26 pm »

I'm working on an alchemist at the moment. Three questions in relation to that.

First, am I allowed to use starting funds to craft potions rather than purchase them, presuming I can make the check?

Second, do you happen to have more information that you can share about the alchemy guild?

Third, are we allowed to use our funds to start or have a business through the processes listed in this section, or would you rather the players not spend as much focus on downtime activities?

Edit: A question I forgot. I'm going to guess that Leadership is off the table, correct?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:43:14 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 09:44:34 pm »

PTW even if I have no idea what Pathfinder is. :D Excited to see this.
it is basically D&D 3.5
you can find all the relevant content online here
In fact, it is so similar to 3.5 that you can actually use published 3.5 and 3.0 material in it. Basically, it's D&D 3.75.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 02:15:48 am »

I'm working on an alchemist at the moment. Three questions in relation to that.

First, am I allowed to use starting funds to craft potions rather than purchase them, presuming I can make the check?

Second, do you happen to have more information that you can share about the alchemy guild?

Third, are we allowed to use our funds to start or have a business through the processes listed in this section, or would you rather the players not spend as much focus on downtime activities?

Edit: A question I forgot. I'm going to guess that Leadership is off the table, correct?

1. Yes. Crafting potuons and magic items if you have the right feats before the game starts js fine -- you earned the right to make stuff, you can use it.

2. Sure, but I'm outside atm. If I don't  post more info in 8 hours prod me.

3. I have never seen the Downtime rules before, so I'm not quite sure how it goes... I'll get back on that in 8hrs.

4. Leadership is never an option :v It's basically playing multiple characters!

-----

Btw she ahsnt posted here yet, but Masked Taquito will possibly play an Oracle when school starts in a month since her tjmezone changes.

---

Re: Vampiric Touch - I think it is untyped because it has the possibility for extreme weirdness. What if, as undead, you V.T yourself? It deals say 3d6 dmg and gives you that kuch as a buffer, except you are immune to Negative Energy and actually gain the damage as another temporary buffer, for a total of say 6d6. I'm not sure if you'd like that: on the one hand it becomes an overheal, on the other hand it's now useless against undead. You can pick an interpretation if yiu want, Harry B., and I'll go with it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:23:52 am by Skyrunner »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 02:36:45 am »

Thanks! That's going to reduce costs by a fair amount. Please feel free to take all the time you need, there's no rush.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 03:00:18 am »

Re: Vampiric Touch - I think it is untyped because it has the possibility for extreme weirdness. What if, as undead, you V.T yourself? It deals say 3d6 dmg and gives you that kuch as a buffer, except you are immune to Negative Energy and actually gain the damage as another temporary buffer, for a total of say 6d6. I'm not sure if you'd like that: on the one hand it becomes an overheal, on the other hand it's now useless against undead. You can pick an interpretation if yiu want, Harry B., and I'll go with it.

I'm mostly interested in Vampiric Touch as a self-heal because I can't think of any other use for it that would be anything remotely resembling useful (let alone worth a 3rd level spell slot).

On the other hand, it doesn't exactly make sense to apply this to lifedrain, except if the spell is very clearly jury-rigged, and even then I don't think it's entirely sensible to do the whole 6d6 as healing (for one, where's it coming from?). Maybe just the 3d6 as (healing) negative energy damage without the temp hp (since there is no actual damage, there's no hp to transfer)?

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 03:09:22 am »

I'm up for this, times permitting :P
1/2 elf old gods oracle prob
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24