Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 43.03 - Lazy dwarves  (Read 2165 times)

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
43.03 - Lazy dwarves
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:40:25 pm »

Howdy.

I've six smelters and furnaces, but only two of the twelve are being used despite setting about twenty dwarves to do nothing but work on these (the smithing/smelting/metalworking via Dwarf Therapist w/ all hauling disabled). It's been this way for about a season and a half. I have jobs solely created through either the workshop jobs profile or through the more general work orders (j-m-q). The workshops are all magma; I've enough materials for the crafts. Iron shields, gold bars, and melting items tend to be the only types of jobs being done. All of the forges have jobs--and all them have a combination of a gray "O" and white "O" next to the item requests. What should I look at to see what's gone Pete Tong?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: 43.03 - Lazy dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:19:03 am »

Did you restrict the labor profiles of the workshops in some way?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

Doesn't appear that I have.

I'm going to abandon this fort and start fresh. This fort transitioned from .42 to .43 so maybe that had something to do with it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »

You could just deconstruct and rebuild workshops to clear out any and all profile, stockpile and other such linkages. Checking burrows and orders is also something to consider.