Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 4: 6/6  (Read 7883 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 4: 6/6
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:12:00 pm »

0853, 32 Febtober, 2051 C.E.

The cold concrete walls of your government-provided I'm With Her© Preferred Voter Housing© feel refreshingly cool in the warm stagnant atmosphere of your one room apartment on the Xth floor. You grumble uncomfortably on your mattress, desperate to snatch a few more moments of blissful twilight sleep before being forced to face another monotonous day. In seven minutes, the parade of low-volume advertisements on the iScreen will halt and the daily mandatory programming will blare to technicolor life.

Suddenly, a shattering crash and a terrified scream split the serene morning. They're coming from outside, far below.

----

This is a game about lighthearted zombie survival with limited resources in the not-too-distant postapocalyptic future.

You begin the game in your government provided housing, high above the street. You have never served in the military. You are not a survivalist. You are not any kind of edgy badass. You are not prepared for this.

----
Maybe you actually are prepared for this. You have five character points (CP):

1CP - You have a PrivilegePass© that lets you cut in government food lines and allows you to collect 100% of government assistance. Everyone else only gets 73%. To make up for past injustices, white cishet males are not allowed to take this advantage unless they can come up with some sort of identity label that makes them oppressed.

2CP - Knife license. It took several years and a background check, but your license to possess destructive knife devices finally came back. You are allowed to own as many knives as you want.

2CP - Actual skills. You have three actually useful skills. Yes, you have to buy this if you want any. They can be basically anything you want, from Medic to Marksmanship to Climbing. Anybody can choose as many useless skills as they want, but those should be things like Star Wars Knowledge.

2CP - Useful talent. You have some kind of useful attribute, like being fast or strong or smart or beautiful. You can't have a PrivilegePass© and you have to wear some device to counteract your ability like in Harrison Bergeron. Can be taken multiple times. Iterations after the first cost only 1CP.

2CP - Ghost. You're not on any registry. You have no social media accounts. No one has your DNA, fingerprints, iris scans, face, or gait pattern on record. You're not even registered here, you just moved in without asking. The iScreen in your room doesn't even work. There is no official record of your existence at all.

3CP - You have an assortment of objects in your possession that might actually be useful. Everybody else gets some things too, but you get to pick three items that you actually own in real life, and one item of your choice that you do not need to own. None of these can be firearms of any kind, or knives with blades longer than three inches, unless you have a knife license. None of these can be gasoline powered (see 876 U. S. C. § 74823, Environmental Protection Act of 2040)

3CP - Strange power. You have some unusual ability that normal people do not, and it isn't critical thinking. For 4CP, you get to choose what it is, within reason. For 5CP, you get two that I come up with or you get to choose one that is slightly unreasonable.

5CP - Firearms license. Somehow, some way, you managed to get your license to exercise your right to bear arms. Maybe it was a bureaucratic mistake. Anyway, you own one flintlock musket of your choice and a healthy amount of powder, shot, and all the accessories that you'll need to kill zombies just like the founding fathers intended. You may also choose a wheellock or a pistol or any other firearm of a design that existed as of or prior to 25 September, 1789. You are technically also a member of the militia and have additional obligations in that regard.

?CP - Something else. Pitch me your idea!

----

Your character sheet:
Name:
Pronouns:
Gear: (Leave this blank for now unless you bought items.)
Description: (Keep it pretty short.)

----

Player List:
Name: Edgar Treston
Pronouns: What you would expect from a male human.
Gear:
Description: Your archetypical nerd, except a tad bit older and with a goatee.

CP Spending:
-1 CP: Flimsy Nerd: Edgar is... not the most fit. He's not obese, but he's rather skinny and, as earlier stated, unfit. -1 to stamina and whatnot. ((subject to approval))
2 CP: Useful Talent: Edgar, being a nerd, has several nerdish skills, namely Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry.
4 CP: Strange Power: Edgar always seems to know when someone or something has it in for him. To be precise, he can sense hostile intent towards him, including its degree and location, as long as it is within half a mile of him.

((I bet he either dies horribly early on or ends up becoming the most powerful of the characters.))

Your character sheet:
Name: Walter Walterdale
Pronouns:??? Not sure what to put here
Description: A pale, skinny young male with dark, shifty looking eyes.

CP: 5 for telekinesis

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanilla build is a GO!
Although, given the nature of the "Useful Skills" and maybe the "Privledgepass" advantages, it's difficult to say what is or isn't "Vanilla."

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I'm gonna attempt something wacky. If it's too wacky, I'll make another one.

Wait List:
Strange game with something something privilege being thrown in? Unsure where that tone came from since it's not mentioned in the OP.

ZOMBIE POINTS LEADERBOARD
12 zombie points: Jie, as played by AzyWng
8 zombie points: Gary, as played by Dustan Hache
6 zombie points: Bubbles the ape, as played by Legendary Marksdorf
5 zombie points: Lil John, as played by crazyabe
4 zombie points: Walter, as played by vishdafish
3 zombie point: Edgar, as played by FallacyofUrist

INJURY LEADERBOARD
Battered and bloodied - Jie
Large bump on head, headache - Lil John
Bleeding arm wound, zombie bite - Gary
Battered and bruised, noose around neck - Walter
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:31:47 pm by inaluct »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 0/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »

interested, Lmme see if i can come up with a sheet sometime
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:49:26 pm »

Name: Edgar Treston
Pronouns: What you would expect from a male human.
Gear:
Description: Your archetypical nerd, except a tad bit older and with a goatee.

CP Spending:
-1 CP: Flimsy Nerd: Edgar is... not the most fit. He's not obese, but he's rather skinny and, as earlier stated, unfit. -1 to stamina and whatnot. ((subject to approval))
2 CP: Useful Talent: Edgar, being a nerd, has several nerdish skills, namely Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry.
4 CP: Strange Power: Edgar always seems to know when someone or something has it in for him. To be precise, he can sense hostile intent towards him, including its degree and location, as long as it is within half a mile of him.

((I bet he either dies horribly early on or ends up becoming the most powerful of the characters.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:51:35 pm »

Acceptable! You're in!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 1/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:59:34 pm »

Your character sheet:

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 1/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:01:27 pm »

Your character sheet:

In!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 2/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 03:03:37 pm »

Btw, if I spend 5cp to let you choose what kind of abilities I get, what kind of stuff will you pick?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 03:10:51 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »

Spend that last CP on one more skill. Why is your character such a manlet? Accepted.

Btw, if I spend 5cp to let you choose what kind of abilities I get, what kind of stuff will you pick?
I don't know yet. I'll probably make a table and roll some dice on it or something.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 3/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 03:16:46 pm »

Inaluct, if the year is 2050, why are we restricted to ball and powder guns? Shouldn't we have access to some bolt action weapons and proper bullets at least, if not sci fi plasma rifles by now?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »

Spend that last CP on one more skill. Why is your character such a manlet? Accepted.
[Sarcasm]Because You Said to "Keep it Short"[/sarcasm]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »

Inaluct, if the year is 2050, why are we restricted to ball and powder guns? Shouldn't we have access to some bolt action weapons and proper bullets at least, if not sci fi plasma rifles by now?
Things have changed since our founding fathers wrote the second amendment, and this is a dystopian future in which it has been interpreted as 1. only applying to a militia and 2. not applying to terrifying babykilling "assault" rifles, only to weapons that already exist at the time.

By the way, I'm noting you down as a thought criminal. This may have in-game effects.

[Sarcasm]Because You Said to "Keep it Short"[/sarcasm]
badum tish

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:36 pm »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 05:49:06 pm »

Accepted!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 4/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 07:14:16 pm »

HAHA! I tricked Inaluct into accepting a sheet that required pronouns, using ADJECTIVES! The fool has no idea how this will affect the game! Muahahaha!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5