Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]  (Read 5337 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 05:25:47 pm »

"Where and with whom may I find the demonic and/or daemon deal that best suits my goals?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »

OOC: What had my character learned about the gods in his former life?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2016, 06:42:04 am »

Hmm. Ask for a bit more information:
Fiend - How long is it to the next full moon? Will an ordinary piece of meat suffice if I lose the first one?
Daemon - How long will the deal last? Will either party be able to terminate it early?
Demon - When will the 15 minutes be taken, what will happen in those 15 minutes, will any side-effects persist once the 15 minutes is over?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [0/6 players]
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2016, 10:37:58 am »

Hmm. Ask for a bit more information:
Fiend - How long is it to the next full moon? Will an ordinary piece of meat suffice if I lose the first one?
Daemon - How long will the deal last? Will either party be able to terminate it early?
Demon - When will the 15 minutes be taken, what will happen in those 15 minutes, will any side-effects persist once the 15 minutes is over?

One week, and no. The fiend will provide the meat that you need to deliver.

Severance of soulbounds is not an easy task. The deal would last until the bond is severed, through whatever means that may be.

The demon refuses to answer tricky questions.

Azywng turned to the demon offering the ordinary sword.

"Very well then, I'll take you up on your offer. But first, does this blade come with a scabbard?"

... "Of course it does". With that, the demon suddenly lunges and stabs you. The wound spouts blood, which solidifies into a sword and scabbard. As soon as the transformation completes, the wound closes again, though you feel a bit lightheaded. The sword appears normal, despite having just materialized from your blood.

"Where and with whom may I find the demonic and/or daemon deal that best suits my goals?"

... Well, that would be here in Tartaros, and depend on what your goals are. I can point you to some more respected daemons, if you'd like.

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Teneb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tophat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AzyWng's Char sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »

Accept the Fiend's offer, postpone a decision on the Daemon's, decline the Demon's, then see if anyone thinking I won't make it to the surface is willing to put their money where their mouth is with a wager on it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »

Inquire as to where I can get a crossbow. Maybe figure out if someone has a spellbook or such for manipulative magic.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 07:29:09 pm »

Azywng gibbered a bit in shock. He'd only expected the demon to, say, cut open his wrist or at least give him some warning.

The now equipped swordsman sheathed his sword and put on the scabbard, then felt where he had been stabbed, his face going pale with shock (possibly both kinds). Could it be that the demon had done something to him, like apply a curse of some kind?

Whatever the case, Azywng decided not to get anything else and to simply wait. If he needed, he could steal or loot armor, a shield, or a backpack.

Well, on second thought, a backpack shouldn't require one's own blood to create, even down here, right?

With that hope in mind, Azywng decided to inquire as to where to get a backpack, or at least a few pouches to attach to his belt.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:39:28 pm by AzyWng »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 09:36:25 pm »

Inquire as to the locations of any major rivers beyond which a guardian hound is located. Firmly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 09:54:14 pm »

"I would like that, thank you."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 10:46:46 pm »

Le-bump.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]