Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 4: 6/6  (Read 7925 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 4/6, Now Accepting Players!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »

Vanilla build is a GO!
Although, given the nature of the "Useful Skills" and maybe the "Privledgepass" advantages, it's difficult to say what is or isn't "Vanilla."

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 09:56:34 am »

I'm gonna attempt something wacky. If it's too wacky, I'll make another one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:58:41 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 10:03:21 am »

Strange game with something something privilege being thrown in? Unsure where that tone came from since it's not mentioned in the OP.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:10:57 am by Tiruin »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: 6/6
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 06:48:28 pm »

0858 32 Febtober 2051 C. E.

Name: Edgar Treston
Pronouns: What you would expect from a male human.
Gear:
Description: Your archetypical nerd, except a tad bit older and with a goatee.

CP Spending:
-1 CP: Flimsy Nerd: Edgar is... not the most fit. He's not obese, but he's rather skinny and, as earlier stated, unfit. -1 to stamina and whatnot. ((subject to approval))
2 CP: Useful Talent: Edgar, being a nerd, has several nerdish skills, namely Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry.
4 CP: Strange Power: Edgar always seems to know when someone or something has it in for him. To be precise, he can sense hostile intent towards him, including its degree and location, as long as it is within half a mile of him.

((I bet he either dies horribly early on or ends up becoming the most powerful of the characters.))
Ed is sitting up on his bed, dressed in a pair of striped boxer shorts and a stained white wifebeater. It is the most problematic article of clothing he owns. In the cabinet against the wall he has several outfits worth of drab street clothes on hangers, a tripod mounted telescope, an old electric chainsaw that he found and recently finished repairing, an extra blanket, and a pile of large zip ties. He also has a chair and a small table, as well as a bed frame with a mattress and a blanket. His door has a peephole. Under his bed is a soldering iron.

You sense the presence of extreme hostile intent from several sources on the ground floor and immediately in front of the building. It is not focused personally on you, but is a sort of general intense malice.

Your character sheet:
Name: Walter Walterdale
Pronouns:??? Not sure what to put here
Gear: (Leave this blank for now unless you bought items.)
Description: A pale, skinny young male with dark, shifty looking eyes.

CP: 5 for telekinesis
Walter is lying in bed, wearing ??? favorite pair of cute owl pajamas. ??? has a sparsely furnished room, but has a bedframe (and mattress, and blanket) as well as a table, a chair, and a cabinet containing a baseball bat, a large metal stew pot, a cinderblock, a paring knife, and a pair of carbon fiber skis that ??? fished out of a dumpster, as well as several pairs of street clothes.

The screams downstairs are getting louder and more frequent.

John is sitting up on his bed in a pair of plaid boxer shorts the color of mint chocolate chip ice cream. His room has roughly the same furnishings as the two rooms already described in this post, but his cabinet contains a copy of Don Quixote perched on the shelf at the top, a large and ostentatious WWF wrestling belt, a 1000 foot roll of 550 nylon cord, a ski mask, and an assortment of clothes in husky youth sizes.

John's door is blockaded and nailed shut, and there is old police tape strung up along the outside. One of the ventilation grates in the wall is torn open, and he uses it for ingress and egress. It connects to the communal laundry room and opens up, well concealed, behind a wall of energy efficient dryers.

The screams downstairs are frequent and loud. The big people sheep must be acting up again.

Twenty Ten floors above the dark streets of the city, Dr. Mason lives in a run down tenement. An eccentric and brilliant man, Mason is a loner, a thinker, a man of ideas. Ideas forbidden in the New Society; the society for which he works, the society in which he lives, the society he will set free.

And so Dr. Mason shuffles across the room, careful not to knock over the enormous whirring motorized flipbook machine that he has parked right in front of the camera of his iScreen, showing a looping image of him sleeping and occasionally moving around to the cybernetic eye. Behind the unwieldy contraption, his room is a mess of wires and electrical components, along with various small mechanical components. In his cabinet (doors long ago removed and affixed over the windows) he has an illegal kitchen knife in excess of three inches in length, a deflated air mattress that he sleeps on to save space in the room, and a blanket, as well as several pairs of of street clothes and a lab coat. Parked in the corner of the room is his pride and joy, a functioning golf cart, which he constructed himself from the parts of a crashed drone. Insanely illegal.

Vanilla build is a GO!
Although, given the nature of the "Useful Skills" and maybe the "Privledgepass" advantages, it's difficult to say what is or isn't "Vanilla."

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Jie is chilling on his bed in some Journey To The West (2014) print antique pajamas passed down from his ancestors, sharpening the long and heavy single edged dao that he is permitted to keep (as part of his cultural heritage). In the cabinet of his room he has an absurdly bright 10000 lumen flashlight, a long fighting knife, a roll of duct tape, a car battery, a fire axe, a large jar of pickled cow brains, and several sets of street clothes.

The screams downstairs echo off the concrete walls. Jie has been preparing for this for a long time.

I'm gonna attempt something wacky. If it's too wacky, I'll make another one.

Bubbles leaps from his bed shrieking in anger and rage at having been awoken at this hour by bloodcurdling screams. He grabs the door of his cabinet and tears it off, revealing a large bunch of bananas, a golf bag full of golf clubs, an X-acto knife set, and a collapse-able hang glider folded up in storage position. Bubbles is wearing his only outfit; an oversized fedora and a very short trenchcoat.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:09:41 pm by inaluct »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 1: 6/6
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 07:18:08 pm »

Go to the cabinet and wield the baseball bat with both hands and put the paring knife in my pocket.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »

"Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear. What-what is happening?"

If Edgar's room has a window, he takes a peek out of it, attempting to see where the hostile intent is coming from. He also attempts to remember what floor he is on.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:25 pm »

Dr.Mason? don't kid myself, I don't know that much about science and healing. Gary the Inventive might be a better title.

Regardless of all that, I should probably go for a walk to get more parts. Don't forget my street clothing, and remember to hide my chef's knife in the waistband of my pants.

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:51 pm »

I put on my Ski Mask and a Pair of Pants as well as a Shirt before grabbing my roll nylon cord and Leaving, Wondering Who did what this time.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:59 pm »

"Eee ee EEK EEK ooh ooh EE !" Bubbles angrily screams, which roughly translates to "What happening right now ? Bubbles hope nobody want bubbles' bananas. BANANAS MINE !"

Bubbles takes an iron club from the golf bag as his main weapon, takes some X-acto knives and puts them in one of his pockets and takes as many bananas as possible, stashing them in his pockets and under his fedora.

He then slowly and quietly advances towars the source of the screams.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 11:21:40 pm »

Jie knew what to do. However, he felt as if there was something wrong. Something... Missing.

He tried to remember if he had a backpack. If he did, he'd go wear it.

Regardless of if he had a backpack, Jie changed into his street clothes and picked up his dao and fighting knife, storing them in places where he could access them quickly (in his belt for example.) He then picked up the flashlight and stored it in his pocket. If he used the dao or knife in one hand and blinded an enemy with the flashlight held in his other...

Duct tape was always useful, so Jue picked up that, too.

The car battery was probably too heavy to be useful, and it'd be somewhat cumbersome even if it was, so he left it alone.

The fire axe would probably be used to break down doors and the like, as opposed to used as a weapon - Jie didn't have much experience or knowledge in using axes of any kind as weapons. He put it in his back, tearing up one set of street clothes (or just the shirt) and fashioning a sling/rope of sorts to let it hang the axe around his back.

The pickled cow brains he took as well. Some might turn their nose or make jokes, but at least if a hungry thief searched in his stuff for food they wouldn't be likely to take it.

Jie thought about which floor he was on and exactly how close the screams were as he moved down the stairs as quickly and quietly as he could. A bit of doubt crossed his mind - he'd look a hell of a fool if this was nothing - but it quickly vanished as he realized he'd never forgive himself if he'd ignored a potential danger to the people.

((I wonder if this guy is gonna die first.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:33:49 pm by AzyWng »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »

Go to the cabinet and wield the baseball bat with both hands and put the paring knife in my pocket.
??? grabs the baseball bat and slides the paring knife into the pocket of ??? adorable owl pajamas, ignoring the metal pot and other objects in the cabinet.

The iScreen blares to life, broadcasting an image of Supreme Leader Chelsea Clinton III as patriotic music plays, drowning out the screams below.

"Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear. What-what is happening?"

If Edgar's room has a window, he takes a peek out of it, attempting to see where the hostile intent is coming from. He also attempts to remember what floor he is on.
Edgar peeks out the window. In the courtyard below, a teeming mass of unusually pale (white privilege?) people in tattered clothes, some with significant traumatic injuries obviously incompatible with life, are devouring a large pile of gore that was presumably an obese human several minutes ago. The windows on the ground floor are broken and the graying bodies squirm languidly into them. The squirming morlocks (?) are the source of the hostile intent. Behind him, his iScreen begins to shriek the typical morning program.

Edgar is on Floor X. It's a very good distance up, right above Floor IX.

Dr.Mason? don't kid myself, I don't know that much about science and healing. Gary the Inventive might be a better title.

Regardless of all that, I should probably go for a walk to get more parts. Don't forget my street clothing, and remember to hide my chef's knife in the waistband of my pants.

Don't be so modest, Dr. Mason. Gary changes into a pair of gray cargo pants, hiking boots, and a brown jacket. He slips his illegal chef's knife into his waistband and opens his door to greet the day. As he steps out into the hallway, shuffling aside a pile of clothing and wire, [4] he notices an extremely sick looking individual stagger up the staircase and into view at the distant end of the hallway. They seem to stumble, landing on the concrete floor with a thud and moving extremely slowly as they begin to shamble to their feet. Fucking junkies.

On the opposite end of the hallway, you see one of your neighbors step out from his room wearing his trademark trenchcoat and fedora. He is a very short, very hairy man, and he does not speak English. You've exchanged pleasantries with him a few times in the past, but you're not sure what ethnicity he is, exactly. Perhaps Turkish? Behind him, your crazy Chinese neighbor with the knife license (how horrible! Who needs a knife, anyway?) emerges into the hallway with a sword and a backpack, immediately throws open the stairwell door nearest to him, and vanishes through it.

I put on my Ski Mask and a Pair of Pants as well as a Shirt before grabbing my roll nylon cord and Leaving, Wondering Who did what this time.
The furtive pygmy pulls on his ski mask (little pompom on top, of course), as well as a pair of pants and a shirt. He grabs his roll of nylon cord and crawls out through the air duct into the communal laundry room at the end of the hall. [4] A soft wet thud sounds from outside at the top of the stairwell, like an unresponsive drunk falling face first onto the ground. Doors slam at the other end of the hallway.

"Eee ee EEK EEK ooh ooh EE !" Bubbles angrily screams, which roughly translates to "What happening right now ? Bubbles hope nobody want bubbles' bananas. BANANAS MINE !"

Bubbles takes an iron club from the golf bag as his main weapon, takes some X-acto knives and puts them in one of his pockets and takes as many bananas as possible, stashing them in his pockets and under his fedora.

He then slowly and quietly advances towars the source of the screams.

Bubbles draws a sand wedge from his golf bag with an ear splitting screech, the golf club making that noise that katanas make when they're drawn from their sheath in weeb cartoons, a sparkle of light playing off the shaft. He tosses a handful of X-acto knives into his trenchcoat pocket and then loads up on bananas, the starchy fruit hanging off of him like bandoliered ammunition as he steps out into the hallway. [4] In the middle of the hallway stands one of Bubbles' long time neighbors. It's Gary! Gary gave Bubbles a banana once when Bubbles started shrieking at him and swinging from a light fixture angrily. Past Gary, on the other side of the hallway, a human figure languorously flops on the concrete floor. Behind Bubbles, a door opens and a heavily armed man clatters out, hurls open the stairwell door with a slam, and disappears inside.

Jie knew what to do. However, he felt as if there was something wrong. Something... Missing.

He tried to remember if he had a backpack. If he did, he'd go wear it.

Regardless of if he had a backpack, Jie changed into his street clothes and picked up his dao and fighting knife, storing them in places where he could access them quickly (in his belt for example.) He then picked up the flashlight and stored it in his pocket. If he used the dao or knife in one hand and blinded an enemy with the flashlight held in his other...

Duct tape was always useful, so Jue picked up that, too.

The car battery was probably too heavy to be useful, and it'd be somewhat cumbersome even if it was, so he left it alone.

The fire axe would probably be used to break down doors and the like, as opposed to used as a weapon - Jie didn't have much experience or knowledge in using axes of any kind as weapons. He put it in his back, tearing up one set of street clothes (or just the shirt) and fashioning a sling/rope of sorts to let it hang the axe around his back.

The pickled cow brains he took as well. Some might turn their nose or make jokes, but at least if a hungry thief searched in his stuff for food they wouldn't be likely to take it.

Jie thought about which floor he was on and exactly how close the screams were as he moved down the stairs as quickly and quietly as he could. A bit of doubt crossed his mind - he'd look a hell of a fool if this was nothing - but it quickly vanished as he realized he'd never forgive himself if he'd ignored a potential danger to the people.

((I wonder if this guy is gonna die first.))
Jie does, in fact, have a backpack. He slides it on and places the duct tape and jar of cow brains inside, wrapping the large jar in a set of clothes. He changes into another set and grabs his weapons, tucking the dao and knife into his belt, flashlight in his pocket. He slings the axe over his back with another belt, counts all of his fingers to remember which floor he's on (X is Roman numeral 10, right?) and steps out into the hallway. Halfway down he sees the hairy little man who lives on his floor brandishing a golf club, and then further down he sees Gary standing around in street clothes. There is a pile of filthy clothes (or maybe a drunk?) lying on the ground at the opposite end of the hallway.

[1] Jie loudly throws open the door of the stairwell nearest to him and strides inside. He is immediately presented with the baleful presence of a pale figure in tattered clothes drenched in blood. The pale man stares blankly at Jie as he reaches the mangled bone claws of his hands towards him and [5] lunges up the stairs with surprising quickness, closing the distance and now a scarce two feet from our imperiled hero.

You have a split second left to act before impact. What do you do?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

Now To Go Stomp on that Drunk's Head, Perhaps I'll Search his Pockets for Something to Steal Afterwards...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 07:59:44 pm »

Go towards the screams, cautiously, looking out for any danger.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »

On second thought.. Check that my cart has a battery and fuel in it, grab everything easily portable and wrap it in the blanket, stow it in the cart, and pull my knife in case that junkie I saw goes berserk or something. the drugs these days tend to be absurdly strong. Let bubbles in if he wants to get in my room too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:54:33 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »

Tip your fedora to Gary, then cautiously approach the collapsed human figure. Poke it from a safe distance with your golf club and examine it more closely. If it reacts aggressively or attemps to attack you, bash it's head with the golf club.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5