Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 4: 6/6  (Read 7924 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 1: 6/6
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 11:28:03 pm »

Jie, while not perpetuating the stereotype of knowing martial arts, he at least how to handle himself when he couldn't reach a weapon.

Rapidly entering a crouched stance, Jie prepared to meet his attacker. When his assailant collided with him, he'd lean his weight forward and tackle the madman. This would send them tumbling down the stairs, but with a bit of luck it would be the madman who was slammed against the stairwell wall.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 08:30:25 am »

"Oh dear oh no what am I gonna do?"

Edgar panics for a moment. Then, he checks for hostile intent on his floor. If he doesn't find any, he opens his door, and gets to warning everybody about the zombies. If people don't listen, he tells them to look out of the windows on the front of the building.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 07:13:06 pm »

Now To Go Stomp on that Drunk's Head, Perhaps I'll Search his Pockets for Something to Steal Afterwards...
John scuttles out from the laundry room and into the hallway, ignoring the small assemblage of normies that are gathering, and advances on the pale figure slumped at the foot of the stairs. Fucking junkies.

The vile odious munchkin raises his foot and [6] brings it down hard on the back of the obtunded figure's head in a vicious curb stomp, crushing bone and grating fractured skull together. [5] The degenerate lies motionless on the ground for a moment, but then begins to moan quietly and lethargically wiggle as John rifles through his pockets, withdrawing [6] a wallet full of cash and the keys to a Ferrari. A hybrid, of course.

[+1 zombie point!]

Go towards the screams, cautiously, looking out for any danger.
??? peeks out of ??? room. Some vagabonds are standing in the hallway. A masked pygmy is standing over a slumped figure at the end of the hallway. Dark crimson blood is pooling under the figure's head. Bandits! Ravagers!

On second thought.. Check that my cart has a battery and fuel in it, grab everything easily portable and wrap it in the blanket, stow it in the cart, and pull my knife in case that junkie I saw goes berserk or something. the drugs these days tend to be absurdly strong. Let bubbles in if he wants to get in my room too.
Gary runs back inside; his cart is good to go. He heads back out just in time to see a masked munchkin stomp on the degenerate's head. A sickening crack resonates down the hall. Holy shit.

Tip your fedora to Gary, then cautiously approach the collapsed human figure. Poke it from a safe distance with your golf club and examine it more closely. If it reacts aggressively or attemps to attack you, bash it's head with the golf club.
Bubbles doffs his hat to Gary in passing and cautiously pokes the prone figure, which has just had its head stomped on by a midget. It goes from quiet moaning to suddenly screaming and awkwardly lashes out at the ape! [1] vs [6] The impossibly-mangled corpsebeing flails ineptly, ragged hands raking air, and Bubbles brings down his sand wedge hard. The skull caves and splits, splattering blood and brain matter all over the hairy ape and the savage pygmy as the figure's partially disintegrated head seems to loll to the side in two opposite directions. The mangled body jerks and freezes rigidly in place.

[+3 zombie points!]

Jie, while not perpetuating the stereotype of knowing martial arts, he at least how to handle himself when he couldn't reach a weapon.

Rapidly entering a crouched stance, Jie prepared to meet his attacker. When his assailant collided with him, he'd lean his weight forward and tackle the madman. This would send them tumbling down the stairs, but with a bit of luck it would be the madman who was slammed against the stairwell wall.

Jie braces himself and [4] vs [3] meets his opponent's lunge with a forceful shove. The two tumble head over heels down the stairs ([1], [3]), slamming into every step before colliding hard, Jie first, into the stairwell wall. Jie feels hot blood ooze from his brow down over his eye as his assailant, who up close resembles nothing other than a rotting corpse, looms threateningly over him.

Status change: battered and bloody.

"Oh dear oh no what am I gonna do?"

Edgar panics for a moment. Then, he checks for hostile intent on his floor. If he doesn't find any, he opens his door, and gets to warning everybody about the zombies. If people don't listen, he tells them to look out of the windows on the front of the building.
Oh god. The horror. These are ZOMBIES.

[+1 zombie point!]

Pinpricks of searing aggression stream up every stairwell, but none are on the floor. The sick malodorous ache of low level malice that has always seemed to permeate the laundry room is stronger now, more bitter, and in the hall. But it is sometimes like this anyway. Such is life.

Edgar leans out of his room into the hallway and screams "ZOMBIES! THERE ARE FUCKING ZOMBIES IN THE BUILDING! AAAAAAAAH!"

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 07:34:37 pm »

Poke the body again to be absolutely sure it won't attack anymore. Once you're sure that thing died, victory screech, then check his body for potential bananas. If he doesn't have any, eat one of these perfect curvacious yellow fruits from your pocket, then go through the door that chinese man went through earlier and assess the situation.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 07:39:33 pm »

"Zombies? Oh great. I was telling everyone that in this state of living there were no less than 5 possible causes for zombie apocalypse with all the requirements met. EVERYONE! GET IN THE GOLF CART IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!"
Get my nearby neighbors into the golf cart, and then start driving it down the building, mowing down anything that gets in my way with it.
This means saving the guy who I think just tumbled down the stairs first.

(question: what are zombie points for?)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:41:11 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 07:42:06 pm »

Jie'd have to check on his injuries later, his plan hadn't gone as well as he thought. The wannabe warrior let out a small chuckle of self-loathing: He'd worried about looking like a fool for going to arms over nothing, but now there was a cause for going to arms and here he was, looking like a fool.

Although the person who'd just panicked and screamed about zombies was a decidedly bigger fool. Whoever they were, they'd need to learn to stay cool very quickly.

Jie drew back both his legs before kicking out at his assailant's own. If the kick connected, Jie'd follow up with a push or second kick to knock his attacker down the stairs. If the kick missed, Jie'd draw his dao and slash at the corpse. If he failed yet again (which seemed a worryingly probable possibility at this point), he'd draw his knife and swing or stab that too, with his main goal being to push away his attacker..

What the hell was going on?

((Basically, do the very first part of this attack (not the roll and punch afterwards) followed up by a shove. If that fails, attack with all available weaponry with the aim of pushing the corpse back.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2016, 07:53:29 pm »

"Thats Fine with me Mr."
Onto the Golf Cart I go!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 07:57:42 pm »

"Damn vagabonds, ruining the scenery."

Smash one vagabonds head with the baseball bat and use telekinesis to pierce another vagabonds throat with my knife.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »

"Uh... yes! Definitely! Just let me get my stuff!"

Edgar grabs his chainsaw, soldering iron, and whatnot, then gets on the golf cart. Shouting about zombies the whole time.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »

Poke the body again to be absolutely sure it won't attack anymore. Once you're sure that thing died, victory screech, then check his body for potential bananas. If he doesn't have any, eat one of these perfect curvacious yellow fruits from your pocket, then go through the door that chinese man went through earlier and assess the situation.
Yup. It's dead. Bubbles shrieks and holds his golf club horizontally above his head, jumping around in crazed triumph before messily stuffing a banana in his mouth and sprinting down the hallway and into the stairwell.

The Chinaman is in a bad way. He is lying on his back, bruised and bloodied, and there is a walking corpse looming menacingly over him.

"Zombies? Oh great. I was telling everyone that in this state of living there were no less than 5 possible causes for zombie apocalypse with all the requirements met. EVERYONE! GET IN THE GOLF CART IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!"
Get my nearby neighbors into the golf cart, and then start driving it down the building, mowing down anything that gets in my way with it.
This means saving the guy who I think just tumbled down the stairs first.

(question: what are zombie points for?)
Gary pulls on his driving goggles and revs his golf cart, [1] driving it awkwardly through the door and sort of getting stuck in the narrow hallway. He backs up and goes forward, conducting a 9 point turn while shouting at everyone to get in the golf cart. It takes him forever, but he eventually gets it oriented correctly and facing straight down the hallway.

Right now, you can use zombie points to buy zombies on a one for one basis. In the very near future, you will be able to buy whatever items you want for zombie points. I'm adding a preliminary list to the original topic post. Suggest items that you want and I'll add them.

Jie'd have to check on his injuries later, his plan hadn't gone as well as he thought. The wannabe warrior let out a small chuckle of self-loathing: He'd worried about looking like a fool for going to arms over nothing, but now there was a cause for going to arms and here he was, looking like a fool.

Although the person who'd just panicked and screamed about zombies was a decidedly bigger fool. Whoever they were, they'd need to learn to stay cool very quickly.

Jie drew back both his legs before kicking out at his assailant's own. If the kick connected, Jie'd follow up with a push or second kick to knock his attacker down the stairs. If the kick missed, Jie'd draw his dao and slash at the corpse. If he failed yet again (which seemed a worryingly probable possibility at this point), he'd draw his knife and swing or stab that too, with his main goal being to push away his attacker..

What the hell was going on?

((Basically, do the very first part of this attack (not the roll and punch afterwards) followed up by a shove. If that fails, attack with all available weaponry with the aim of pushing the corpse back.))
[4] Jie's first kick connects hard, twisting back the zombie's arm and throwing him off balance. He rocks back and adds his weight to a double kick to the zombie's chest, [2]vs[2] connecting far too low and hitting the zombie at the hips. The corpse topples over onto Jie, clawing awkwardly at him as he draws his knife and [6]vs[1] plunges it deep into the ghoul's eyesocket, crunching audibly through the sphenoid bone as Jie braces one hand around the hilt and pushes as hard as he can with his other hand on the butt of the blade. The knife slides in far, the top of the hilt disappearing into the putrid oozing jelly of the ocular humors. The corpse shudders to a tetanic stop.

[+5 zombie points!]

A pale woman with hollow, dead eyes shambles up the stairs and dully regards Jie and the inert corpse slumped over him. A split second passes, and she lunges.

"Thats Fine with me Mr."
Onto the Golf Cart I go!
[1] The pygmy is so short that he has to climb onto the golf cart seat and lay on his stomach while kicking his legs to get up on it, but he finally does. It's very physically humorous, like Don Quixote or The Three Stooges.

"Damn vagabonds, ruining the scenery."

Smash one vagabonds head with the baseball bat and use telekinesis to pierce another vagabonds throat with my knife.
??? lets out a terrified scream and [5]vs[3] runs over to bring ??? baseball bat down hard on the head of the masked pygmy in the front seat of the golf cart. Bonk! The masked midget cries out in pain and reflexively aims a stubby kick [1]vs[5] at Walter's wrist, but ??? pulls out of the way easily and the tiny foot slashes air, throwing the pygmy off balance and leaving him flailing on his back in his seat.

John now has a large bump on his head. Ow.
Walter levitates the knife into the air, spinning it with what appears to be deadly precision towards Gary's throat! [3]vs[3] Gary watches in indignant shock as the knife misses him by a mile and lodges deeply in the plastic canopy of the golf cart.

"Uh... yes! Definitely! Just let me get my stuff!"

Edgar grabs his chainsaw, soldering iron, and whatnot, then gets on the golf cart. Shouting about zombies the whole time.
Edgar runs up just in time to see his neighbor Gary sitting in a golf cart next to a flailing midget in a ski mask, as a pale and androgynous human clubs the midget with a baseball bat and seemingly magically levitates a knife into the canopy of the golf cart. My, things have escalated quickly. Still screaming about zombies, Edgar jumps in the back of the cart with his chainsaw at the ready and all of his other potentially useful worldly possessions close at hand. The moaning and screaming from outside is getting louder.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:11:41 pm by inaluct »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival RTD: Turn 4: 6/6
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

"Could you please not attack me while we escape the zombie apocalypse, goddamit?
Bubbles, Chineese man, get out of the way or lay as flat on the ground as you can, I'm gonna run my cart down the stairway! Other guy, Get that chainsaw rev'd and ready to cut some flesh!"

Start driving down the stairs to save the others and clear a path through the zombie apocalypse. Try not to get stabbed/bashed by the berserk telepath.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2016, 07:33:47 pm »

"Pygmies...I hate pygmies!!!

Pmed action

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2016, 08:34:02 pm »

"Fuck off asshole!"
Tie, then Throw a noose over that asshole's head.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »

"uh... let's go!"

Edgar rides the golf cart. Any zombies in his path get chainsawed.
Generic Arms Race.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 11:30:52 pm »

An escape vehicle! But the driver had a reckless plan not too different from his own. Hopefully it'd go better than his.

Resisting the urge to fight back, Jie lay as flat as he could. He'd only fight back if the golf cart missed the zombie.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:34:30 pm by AzyWng »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5