Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of all Tokens? [0.43.05]  (Read 2201 times)

Cub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
List of all Tokens? [0.43.05]
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »

hello,

is there somewhere a list of all tokens, maybe with some markup about the number and type of arguments it takes? i don't mean lists as in the wiki, i rather mean flat text files, maybe csv which are easy to parse, something like "TOKEN,int,temperature,string", without comments and such

i wrote a lil tool to list all tokens used in the raws, found 1073. does anyone know how many are in the game, did i find them all? some are listed twice, since they are used with a different number of arguments (i hope that's the reason...) but some have a insanely high number of arguments, like TL_COLOR_MODIFIER with 54 arguments. is that possibly right? in case you want to check them one by one, here they are, at first the name of the token, then with how many arguments it was encountered

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: List of all Tokens? [0.43.05]
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 06:27:20 pm »

Just having a plain list of tokens like that is fairly useless, because all tokens are context-sensitive - for example, UPSTEP can only be used in gloves/shoes/shield item definitions, BOILING_POINT can only be used in material definitons (which could potentially be within creatures or plants), and TL_COLOR_MODIFIER can only show up in creature definitions (and takes a variable number of parameters, though always an even number since they come in pairs).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Cub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »

Just having a plain list of tokens like that is fairly useless[...]

thank you for your concern but how is your interjection related to the question at all? if you don't mind i would prefer answers to questions i actually ask, neither to questions you think i might encounter while doing whatever you presume nor in such a patronizing manner.

thank you very much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 07:44:01 pm »

thank you for your concern but how is your interjection related to the question at all? if you don't mind i would prefer answers to questions i actually ask, neither to questions you think i might encounter while doing whatever you presume nor in such a patronizing manner.

thank you very much.
I really dont think you'll get much help after that post.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »

thank you very much.

How did you come even remotely close to this conclusion?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 10:06:22 pm »

Quietust's avatar and personal text might make his post seem a bit less friendly than intended.  The short answer is that there is no universal list of tags with argument counts because many of the tags have variable numbers of arguments (TL_COLOR_MODIFIER was already mentioned, BODY is another biggie).  Sometimes even the arguments have arguments, such as the tile colors of a workshop or the probability of a syndrome infecting a target.

If you are just trying to make a syntax checker, look up the Rubble tool because it already has one.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 10:09:37 pm »

If Quietust says it is so, I'd say it is so. The guy seems to understand the game better than Toady.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 10:37:26 pm »

The question of redundancy aside, your list lacks the tokens used solely in procedurally-generated raws, searching as it does only the game's text-files.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."