Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability  (Read 10807 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuit of [Un]happiness [Cyberpunk 4/4]: [Im]plausible Deniability
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2016, 11:12:49 pm »

"Doubt the C7 is a good idea. The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Adam would drive past the precinct, hoping to quickly assess the defenses outside the building. Any barricades, or anything that could stop the truck?

He'd also try to communicate with the other team. "How long until you're at the precinct? We're ready to go."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2016, 11:29:20 pm »

The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

((Sigged))
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2016, 01:01:21 am »

“Hehe. Good point.”

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2016, 09:15:31 am »

((Polite Cough))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2016, 09:36:00 am »

((who are we waiting for?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2016, 09:40:48 am »

(( /0, Vishdavish, and any inter-team communication

I only have actions from half of each group. I can work with that, but...))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2016, 10:05:49 am »

Jump out the truck if/when it collides with the station.

((My bad, thought that since PG was driving, I was just chilling in the truck, waiting for the moment to jump out.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2016, 10:08:35 am »

He'd also try to communicate with the other team. "How long until you're at the precinct? We're ready to go."

"We're about to get a train in, hopefully start a prisoner riot or something. Uh... I guess we'll let you know when we're about ready to do that."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2016, 10:24:42 am »

Jump out the truck if/when it collides with the station.

((My bad, thought that since PG was driving, I was just chilling in the truck, waiting for the moment to jump out.))

((NP. Just want to make sure that you didn't want to ride in the truck while it hits the station, then epically tear your way out of the wreckage to attack from within.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:27 pm »

So are we dead then?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2016, 10:48:13 pm »

Akira turns on her mic. 'If anything, this will make your lives easier. They're going to be sending people away from the station and into the subway.'
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:17 am »

So are we dead then?

((Nah, update inbound, this was on me. Sorry guys.))

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2016, 10:08:24 am »

((Hate to double post, but now I'm not sure if team Taco Truck is waiting or not. I'll finish writing the turn at around noon regardless.))

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:02 pm »

Adam

"Doubt the C7 is a good idea. The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Adam would drive past the precinct, hoping to quickly assess the defenses outside the building. Any barricades, or anything that could stop the truck?

The Thai food truck rumbles to life again, lurching to take you away from the derelict hulk of the old building and from the corpses of the two men that your 'friend' just killed.

As expected, the rapid acceleration into city traffic is gut twistingly unsettling. There's a cacophonous clatter from the cooking area as unsecured pots, pans, thai food, and Tao himself go flying.

You ignore it, setting the vehicle to head to  the precinct and run a couple of inconspicuous circuits around the building.

The food truck reaches the precinct in seconds, giving you your first in person view of the structure. It's a corner building, and is clearly built up from a much older precinct. There's a wide garage on one end of much newer construction, probably for riot mechs and heavy vehicles, but the bulk of the building still seems to be brick facade and updated glass. There's a Traffic Control Area around it, which would ordinarily provide a serious bar to running into it, but you're already filtering traffic authority. All you'll have to do is disable the AI and take manual control at the last second.

(Perception 9) The weakest point of the building seems to be the double doors on the corner. Judging by the brass, they're probably relics from at least fifty years ago, if not a century, and unlikely to have plasteel reinforcement built into them.

Ernest calls after Akira.

"The train or the maintenance port? Sleepwalker said we're to be a distraction. A prisoner riot would do that just nicely, all we have to do is start it.

They also said something about blowing shit up inside the cop shop, we should probably save your portable tank cannon for that.

I think this suit has some magnetic thing to get us in the train.
"

If only there were some way of finding out if the train was delivering or receiving prisoners...

Get in position to get on or otherwise follow the train.

A countdown timer appears in your HUD as the train nears, and you kick open the maintenance aperture to access the track.

8 Seconds.

The tracks rumble, and even in the suit, you can feel an electric hum of the mag-rails.

4 Seconds

This has got to be a terrible idea. SC MagLev rail trains travel in excess of three-hundred miles per hour. There's no way you can just get on one...

2 Seconds

You see the light of the front of the subway blossom around the corner, and a bright indicator by your timer flashes a single word insistently: Jump. You jump, the motion turned into an athletic spring by the suit's assistance. (Reflex 9)

0 Seconds

You get a brief moment to look at the front of the mag-lev before it hits you in midair. There is a streamlined window up front, and through it you can see an expression of utter shock on the subway driver's face. You hit the window with explosive force, shattering it and hurtling through the cockpit and into the first car. A destructive hurricane follows you as the streamlined head of the subway train suddenly starts cupping the air instead of splitting it. 

You're not sure whether you black out or if your brain just stops processing for a moment, but when you come back to your sense, you're on one knee in the middle of the first car. The girl you came here with is sprawled less gracefully beside you, several gouges in her suit's armor healing even as you watch. Both of you are covered in blood. Bits of at least three bodies are strewn around you, red uniforms soaked to a deep shade of burgundy.

Spoiler: Red and Blue Police (click to show/hide)

Akira

"I think if we get a running start we could jump onto the trail..."

Follow/lead Ernest.

Following Ernest turns out to be pretty interesting this time. He kicks open the access point to the tracks, and then just stands there while the train approaches. You wonder what he's going to do. For that matter, you wonder what you're going to do.

Your suit counts down, and you begin to see the light of the subway coming around the bend. Your skin tingles in anticipation as the countdown approaches zero. You watch your friend, wondering whether he's about to get splattered on the front of the train. (Reflex 5)

You watch in wonder as he jumps a split second before you realize that your suit is asking you to jump as well. You spring into the air a hair too late, and instead of following Ernest as he tunnels through the window at the front of the subway, you slam into the metal at the edge, spinning and tearing out your own hole beside him. You hit several soft things that break apart as you ram through the first car of the subway at a relative 300mph, and, when you can breathe again, you find yourself staring up at a sparking ceiling with something red smeared over most of your vision.

(-7 Armor)

Spoiler: Akira Nagamoto (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jamie Walters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ernest Quinn (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adam Jones (click to show/hide)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2016, 03:23:22 pm »

"Wanna do this now?"

Jamie waits for Adams reply, if he says yes, he gets ready to jump out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8