Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Periapsis Academy - Chapter 2.1 - One Bear, Two Bear, Good Bear, Bad Bear  (Read 22066 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

APOAPSIS ACADEMY
Chapter 1 - Space, the Final Despair
Daytime - Day 1

PUBLIC HANDBOOK
Spoiler: Class Truth Bullets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Area Maps (click to show/hide)
MONOMONO MACHINE UNLOCKED AS OF 9/3/2016! GOOD JOB SASHA VIOLA FOR DISCOVERING THE FIRST HIDDEN MONOKUMA!

AE> You won't get away with this.
JE> You don't know what I'm capable of.
AE> I know exactly what you're capable of.
JE> Then you should know I always get what I want.
AE> Right up until the very end. Then you fail.
JE> Such beautiful DESPAIR. Do you honestly think sick burns are going to stop me?
AE> No. I think the students will stop you.
JE> Just so you know
JE> You'll be watching the feeds the whole time.
JE> I want you to know just how wrong you are.
AE> I'll be HOPING for a miracle.
AE> It worked the last two times.
JE> Are you still so sure of that?
AE> What do you mean?
AE> Hey. What do you mean by that?
MT> It's ready.
JE> Good.
JE> Setconnection(state = False

The clear night means you can see it from the bus driving along the road to the launch pad. To everyone else, it's just a star among many, another light for them to gawk at. Maybe the well-informed know what it is; either by deducing it from the speed or simply picking it out of a star-chart or memory. But to most people, it's just another star. Even though to you, it's going to be home for the next three years of life.

The bus is completely empty, save for the driver, a reclusive old man with a button on his lapel that looks like two teddy bears stitched together, one black and one white. He hasn't done anything more than grunt affirmatives or negatives, face hidden behind a large beard and a scowl.

It's been almost boring. Here you are, about to be one of the youngest people in space. You should be more excited... Everyone else should be more excited. Maybe they would be, if they were here.

The bus is completely empty. For some reason, it's freaking you out. Where are the other students? Are you the last to arrive?
Castle crosses his feet in front of you, his dorky outfit at odds with his calm demeanor, even when speaking to Queen Sonja. How can he even...?
You shake your head, clearing your muddy thoughts. The bus is shuddering to a halt, leaving you at the base of a red tower, and a stairwell leading up, up up, into a massive rocket so festooned with boosters you briefly mistake it for some beast of iron and steel.

You walk through the swirling mist and steam at the bottom of the pad and into the stairwell. A long climb later, you find yourself in the rocket. The seats are horizontal, surrounded by floors with handholds carved into them. Gingerly, you reach out and start to climb your way into an empty seat.

The rocket is also strangely deserted.
"Careful, beautiful." Says Nagito, greasy hair falling around his face as he catches Ito. She flinches back briefly, but is kind enough to smile. Nagito takes it as permission, and...
"Attention students. This is your pilot speaking." Says an oddly high-pitched voice. "We're going to begin launch soon. Please fasten your seatbelts. You don't want to fall out!" The poor joke almost makes you groan, but you fasten your seatbelt anyway. It's made with some fancy elastic fiber, and quickly tightens around your waist.
...Ito manages to dodge, courtesy of a well timed kick by 'Eesha. Even as 'Eesha squirrels her away towards the back, Ito looks back apologetically.
You can hear the boosters throttling up, even though you haven't launched yet. Liquid hydrogen and oxygen, spraying from nozzles at the bottom, preparing you for the journey into the final frontier.

Gregori looks cool as a cucumber, only a small half-smile betraying any excitement.
Jabarre looks worriedly at his bindings, struggling uselessly with his silly little cape.
Bint Muhammad clutches at the arms of her seat, muttering prayers.

Fire spews from the bottom of the rocket, lifting three hundred and fifty two tons of material up into the air. Metal shrieks and groans and holds together as the laws of the universe force you back into the chairs you're sat on. Trails of smoke drift in your wake as you arc into the sky, piercing the blue heavens with a mote of light, powered only by fire and human engineering.

For three minutes you're pressed into your seat. finally, the force recedes enough for you to lift your head and look out the window. Still falling below you, the blue sphere you had once called home drifts in a black ocean. The curvature of the horizon becomes more and more pronounced, and you watch in awe as the world drops away beneath you. Stars blink into existence one by one, forging a galaxy mote by mote in god's eye. If there were anyone but you on board, the cabin would be filled with awed gasps. Even alone, you notice yourself doing the same thing.

You don't bother to stop.

The most beautiful thing you've ever seen lies below you. A world brimming with life, with hope. Blue oceans and green plains. Smears of yellow, great deserts arcing across continents. And in the dim light of twilight, the lights of man build a new vista, a network of lights stretching well beyond your little portal into the unknown.

And the glittering star on the horizion is the next step. Humanities greatest hope; a home built on heavens door. Apoapsis Academy. A five-level complex of a space station. At the top, a brand-new gravity field generator. You don't know exactly how it works, but it keeps the station's interior at 1 earth gravity.

"Attention passengers. This is your captain speaking. We will be docking shortly. Please make sure not to leave any personal items on board, and to exit the rocket swiftly. Don't worry about crashing into the station; we've developed special transports to allow us to simply give you a lift into the station itself. Oh, and, um,"

A door at the front of the cabin opens, and you find yourself looking at... a teddy bear? One half of it's mouth is curved in a wicked grin, and on the same side a red eye gleams menacingly in the dark of space. And almost comically, it's wearing a airline captain's hat.

"...Good luck."

Your vision swirls, and you fade into blackness, a pulsing pain in the back of your skull. As you black out, you can hear the captain laughing.

"Puhuhuhu!"

*********************************************************************************************************
Sasha Viola awakes in a small room, almost like a cell. Except... In the corner are her bags, empty. Around the room are scattered objects she has a personal attachment to, such as photographs of her family, bandage wraps, a jar of lemonheads... and more disturbingly, her briefcase. Just looking at it gives her a small chill, so she glances away. There's a small bed to her left - the doors right, she notes -  and a desk on the other side. In the back, behind her, there's a small but sturdy shelf. The walls are made of steel plate, but it's been painted over by someone; mostly pastel pinks and yellows.

The door itself is made of steel, and looks almost like a bulkhead. In fact, it barely fits with the rest of the room.

There are no windows. However, there is a screen crudely screwed into the wall, along with a security camera. The camera seems to be labeled MONO-001.

*********************************************************************************************************
Yukki Ito awakes in a small room, almost like a cell. Except... In the corner are her bags, empty. Around the room are scattered objects she has a personal attachment to, such as scattered models of airships and dieselpunk power armor, a poster for Nuclear Obliteration Survival 4, even a small Ipod speaker system softly playing some classical music... Disturbingly, it's playing her favorite symphony. There's a small bed to her left - the doors right, she notes -  and a desk on the other side. In the back, behind her, there's a small but sturdy shelf, covered in miniature versions of steam trains and automobiles and space stations, including one of Apoapsis itself. The walls are made of steel plate, but it's been painted over by someone; someone with a penchant for art, it seems. The walls are schizophrenically covered in images of space, steampunk space stations, icy blues and royal violets. It looks like at least twelve people painted the room. Ito finds she rather likes the raw creativity on display.

The door itself is made of steel, and looks almost like a bulkhead. In fact, it would barely fit with the rest of the room had it not been painted over too. Whoever painted the room drew a smiley face on it, along with a scrawled "Don't give up!" in bright red.

A window on the back wall is covered by a heavy steel shutter. There's a small button beside it. As well, there is a screen crudely screwed into the wall, along with a security camera. The camera seems to be labeled MONO-002.

Grimm Castle awakes in a small room, almost like a cell. Except... In the corner are his bags, empty. Around the room are scattered objects he has a personal attachment to, such as a brown satchel, a picture of his family, and a set of medals from his previous espionage operations... and more disturbingly, a silver set of tableware. Castle's eyes narrow slightly. There's a small bed to his left - the doors right, he notes -  and a desk on the other side. In the back, behind him, there's a small but sturdy shelf. The walls are made of steel plate, but it's been painted over by someone; admittedly, bright red isn't the most professional color, but Grimm feels an urge to tip his hat to whoever knew his favorite color.

The door itself is made of steel, and looks almost like a bulkhead. In fact, it barely fits with the rest of the room. Closer inspection reveals a short blonde hair still hung precariously over the frame.

The window is covered in steel shutters. There used to be a button beside it, but someone seems to have removed it. However, there is a screen crudely screwed into the wall, along with a security camera. The camera seems to be labeled MONO-007.

Ashley Dylan awakes in a small room, almost like a cell. Except... In the corner are her bags, empty. Around the room are scattered objects she has a personal attachment to, such as photographs of her brother, a bag of sweets, and a stack of various shoujo and jousei manga. There's a small bed to her left - the doors right, she notes -  and a desk on the other side. In the back, behind her, there's a small but sturdy shelf, covered in manga and using plasticine anime figurines as bookends.. The walls are made of steel plate, but it's been painted over by someone; mostly dark blues and purples.

The door itself is made of steel, and looks almost like a bulkhead. In fact, it barely fits with the rest of the room.

There are no windows. However, there is a screen crudely screwed into the wall, along with a security camera. The camera seems to be labeled MONO-003.

((Please feel free to color and bold your character's names. Once you've done so, I will also use that color. Also, character death is in full effect. If your character dies, you can rejoin the game... but only as someone who was previously an NPC.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:03:35 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
Re: Apoapsis Academy - Chapter 1 - Space, the Final Despair
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »

Grimm Castle
wakes up in his cloths, head pounding from whatever just happened. He's not entirely sure, some type of sedative perhaps? Thats not important to him right now, whats important is were is he, how did he get there, what does he remember? A rocket? A bear? Was it a dream?

He begins to look around the room for anything out of the ordinary

well everything seems out of the ordinary

excelent that makes his job easier

>Investigate Silverwear
>Investigate Blond hair
>Investigate Shelves
>investigate desk
>Check Satchel for items
>Examine the removed button
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:38:36 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:55 pm »

Sasha Viola

Sasha blinks slightly colors dancing before her eyes and something at the edge of her vision  she blinks it away a hallucination..more sleep is the only prescription that she can think of...but she dosent want to sleep right now especially with how weird everything seems at the moment.
Check the desk.
Check the bed
Check the shelves
Grab my jar of Lemonheads and eat a few.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:56:41 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 09:26:43 pm »

Grimm Castle

There doesn't seem to be anything odd about the silverware. It's being used for it's intended purpose.

The blonde hair is yours. It's in a position which means that in order to enter or leave the room it'd fall, so... what could that mean?

The shelves are unremarkable steel affair. On top of them rest a set of medals and a picture of your family.

The drawers to your desk are... locked? Why are they locked? Moreover, without a key, how do you unlock them?

Your satchel contains a disguise kit, a empty box of cigars, some tobacco gum, a (normal civilian) pen, and a crumpled note from your mother reminding you to eat a lunch. There doesn't seem to be a lunchbox, however.

You examine the button. It's missing.

Sasha Viola

The desk has a jar of lemonheads on it. You grab a fistful and pop one into your mouth. The sour flavor makes you feel more alert! (You are not actually more alert)

The bed seems rumpled and slept in, though someone put a minimal effort into making it. These are your sheets...

The shelves are simple and made of steel. Photographs of your family are all arranged on the shelf. There's also a button from a school uniform on here... close examination reveals it's a Apoapsis academy uniform button. You pocket the Apoapsis Uniform Button.

You crunch down the first lemonhead and replace it with another one.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:28:51 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »

Grimm Castle
You examine the button. It's missing.

"Damn I'm good"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:48:07 pm by Sprin »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »

((Nice transparent text.))

Ashley Dylan[/b]

Ashley gets on her feet, idly grabbing a piece of candy from the bag on the bedside table. Why couldn't she remember getting here? Was space travel that stressful? She takes a closer look at the screen, looking for any "on" button or similar.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 10:48:06 pm »

Grimm Castle
>chew a piece of gum

>Disasemble pen
>afterwards reassemble pen

>after doing so examine door

>check the shutters see if I can unscrew them

if not
>leave room
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:49:51 pm by Sprin »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:40:12 pm »

Sasha Viola
Curiosity spurring into motion a sense of wrongness bouncing in her mind she scowls lightly and breathes deep moving her hair to the side popping another lemon head into her mouth and swallowing it.

"I need to splash..splash some water on my face"

look for any water of any kind or a bathroom with a sink or shower she can use to either splash some water on her face or just let it spray over and wet her head hair and face to hopefully help grow more alert and awake then go out of the room.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:43:43 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 11:51:43 pm »

Yuki Ito
Yuki slowly sat up rubbing the side of her head, the first thought to go in her mind is not wondering why she suddenly got in this room or what happened before she somehow got knocked out but is instead simply if she should go back to sleep or not, however this thought is brushed aside considering this is her first day here and she should probably make a good first impression, she slowly got up and looked around the room for a moment before she had woken up enough to start wondering what happened, she then walked over to the ipod and after it was done playing the current track she shut it off.

She then thought to herself I wonder if whoever put me in this room left any materials in here to make things, it cant hurt to check right? and after she looked for any blocks of wood or bits of metal as well as tools before examining the door.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:48:38 pm »

Grimm Castle
  You pop a piece of tobacco gum in your mouth, thinking.

Dissasembly of the pen does nothing but reveal that it's a regular pen, so you put it back together. You suppose the tiny spring could be useful at some point, but you can't imagine how.

You examine the door. It's thick steel; tapping on it only gives you a dull thud. The doorframe is reinforced, and there's a manual handle for when the open button is broken, in the shape of a wheel. It almost looks like a ship bulkhead, though styles like these are usually only on military ships. Why someone would want such a reinforced bulkhead on a space station is beyond you.

The shutters don't seem to have any screws on them. Some sort of space-age tech is keeping them sealed unless the button is pressed; and of course, you have no button.

You exit your room into- well, almost into a dark-skinned woman wearing mostly denim and violet, who glares at you as you open your door. She seems quite irate at something...

"Careful, jackass!" She snaps. "Unless you know where the fuck we are, I don't want to talk to you." She looks at you with the same expression used by north Korean interrogators. It seems she wants an answer.

****************************************************************************************************************
Sasha Viola
  There's no water or bathrooms in this... cabin, you suppose. You decide to look outside for one.

The door opens at the touch of a button, sliding back into the wall with a rumble. As you suspected, it's several centimeters thick, and on the other side is a hallway. Directly beside from you is another bulkhead with a small portrait of a youthful-looking girl with pink hair, and a pair of welding goggles on her forehead. A quick glance reveals that you're situated at the end of this hallway; Immediately to your left is a set of doors, to include the one with the pink-haired girl's picture on it. In front, the doors end, opening up instead into a sort of circular toroid continuation of the hallway. A dark-skinned girl in a denim jacket, violet tanktop, and a pair of cut-offs glowers dangerously at another door. She doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.

Beside you, the bulkhead with the pink-girls face on it rattles uncomfortably.

****************************************************************************************************************
Ashley Dylan
 Closer examination reveals that all of the knobs are stuck in place. The monitor itself is yellow and bulbous in a high-tech sort of way. An examination of the side finds a small sticker proclaiming a bunch of technical terms you can't understand but likely relate to power usage and fidelity, as well as a copyright to a "Future Foundation".

Yuki Ito
  You look for materials to build models; and you find some! Of course, it's all in boxes... It seems the previous owner of this room kept boxes of models he or she hadn't built stacked in the corner. Most of them are your usual affair; Models of historical tanks, airplanes, and boats, along with miniatures for Battleaxe 40,000 and even a few collectors editions for Mutation Shock, one of your favorite games.

You're not sure how this is supposed to help you, though.

You examine the door. It's thick steel; tapping on it only gives you a dull thud. You kick it firmly, but the door simply shakes.. The doorframe is reinforced, and there's a manual handle for when the open button is broken, in the shape of a wheel. It almost looks like a ship bulkhead, but you're only judging that through what you've seen in movies.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:02:46 am by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 05:40:56 pm »

Sasha Viola

I don't like that look she looks like she's raring to start a fight...that won't do.
A sense of ergency to her pace as she strides forward a stoic expression on her weathered and tired face as she goes to put her hand on the girls shoulder.
"Calm down and relax you look worked up keep up that kinda thing and you'll look as weathered as  me yes?"
A smile floating onto the scene tired but warm trying to calm and reassure them.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »

Grimm Castle

"Glad to know I wasnt the only one who fainted on the rocket"

He tips his hat to the girl

"I think this is that space station we were invited to"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:11:40 pm by Sprin »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »

Yuki Ito
Yuki after kicking the door feels confident that this door probably could withstand quite a bit of punishment. She then thinks to herself You know, if this room wasn't painted it would look like a fallout shelter from Nuclear Obliteration Survival. She then tries opening the door, peeking out of it just in case as she thinks to herself Probably best to be careful as I look around this place.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:40 pm »

Ashley Dylan

Not much to do just sitting in the room. Ashley exits her room to go find other people; had she missed the entrance ceremony when she fainted?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 10:01:08 pm »

Sasha Viola initiates conversation with Grimm Castle and ???

"Calm down and relax, you look worked up. Keep up that kinda thing and you'll look as weathered as me, yes?"

The ebon-skinned girl spins, turning her glare on you from the... clown?

"The fuck are you?" She spits, in an American accent. "Look, bandages. Stay the fuck outta the business of people above your station. And don't fucking touch me. Filthy!" She violently shakes your hand off her shoulder.

"Do you even know who I am? I'm Shaunesha Washington. Or just 'Eesha for short. I'm the Ultimate Heiress, so you better show some damn respect."

Castle
turns to Sasha and doffs his glaringly red bowler hat. "Glad to know I wasn't the only one on the rocket. I believe this is the space station we were meant to take school in. Grimm Castle, Ultimate Spy, at your service, Miss?"

"Sasha Viola, Ultimate Hero."

The two of you shake hands.

************************************************************************************************
Ashley Dylan
   You press the button to open your door and peek outside. On your left, what looks like some sort of dapper clown is having a conversation with a blonde girl in bandages and the most surly black girl you've ever seen. On your right, a door peeks open to reveal a pink-haired teen. You both make eye contact, but only briefly.

************************************************************************************************
Yuki Ito
  You have to use the manual mechanism to open it, but it's the price you pay for being cautious with the door.

You peek through the crack in the door to find that there's some sort of altercation in the hallway. To your left, some sort of well-dressed hippy (or one astoundingly well-kept clown) is arguing with a dark skinned girl, and introducing himself to a blonde girl in bandages. As well, the door immediately next to the one across from you opens to reveal a delicate-looking American girl with dark hair. She briefly blinks in your direction.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32