Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Separation  (Read 588 times)

Stinthad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Separation
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:35:16 am »

Relatively new fortress of about 30 dorfs. I've received a few migrant waves with some useful dwarves, but now pretty much everyone EXCEPT the original six (werelizard got the mason) is sad over "being separated from a loved one."

For example, my broker: "I am separated from Ilral Laudedpillars. I cannot give in to sadness."

This is his son, who lives elsewhere. Everyone is sad about their kid, or their niece, or their cousin, or sibling, or some other relation not at the fortress. It's getting to the point where people are slipping into depression and tantruming.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Separation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:16 am »

I think the bad thought refers to kidnapping. You'll need to rescue them in adventure mode.

I'm surprised it's actually causing tantrums for average dwarves if you're playing on a recent version.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:01:04 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Stinthad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:07:29 am »

Come to think of it, the liaison did mention several kidnappings from "many years ago". It's not the most recent version, how do I tell which it is?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:12:43 am »

It's been a issue since taverns, I think. Could be due to the personality changes caused by alcohol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:14:28 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Stinthad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:23:30 am »

My version has no taverns

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 04:41:00 pm »

When you start DF, the very first screen (not counting intro video) displays the version number in the lower right corner.