Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : New Horizons  (Read 9346 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : Dust to Dust
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2016, 03:08:43 pm »

Now to Look for a Way up there...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2016, 03:13:12 pm »

Raioyris drops his M4 carbine letting it rest on its sling. In a single movement he draws Kusanagi no Tsurugi in a forward arc potentially cutting down his post-drop skeleton foes.

He then grips a M26 which with a curl of his finger he tears the pin out and heaves it over the marrow barricade the skeletons have garrisoned [-1 M26 Frag grenade]. "Damn it. We're being completely outmaneuvered here."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:20:02 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

Now to Look for a Way up there...

Now that you think about it, this place does seem pretty advanced. [d12+1: 8] You reach down into the snow and take a look for nanobots with your heightened senses.

Eh... not close enough.

Ah, there they are! Now all it'll take is a quick hack to force the snow into a staircase...

>hack
>> Identifying system architecture...
>> Deploying security countermeasures...
>> Assuming direct control...
>> Error, file locked for editing by another user.

...phooey.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:47:06 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2016, 05:39:15 pm »

Reversing the grip on his sword, Nix charges once more into the fray, spinning and moving in a blur to avoid getting entangled, slashing all the while.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »

Hmm... perhaps if I looked for an entrence to the building... if I can't find one then I'll have to hack those nano-bots to get in...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2016, 06:05:01 pm »

fire the 4 deagles at the horde of skeletons approaching.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2016, 06:19:33 pm »

Having dispatched the group of skeletons, Kensei dashes towards the column of undead, cleaving his way through them.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

"I don't know what I was expecting, really."

After trying to shake off the snow, Scourge heads out a quarter of the way through the street before stopping and firing his Pak at the paratroopers still deploying from the building.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2016, 08:21:37 pm »

Eternal City, Planet II, ??? system, Laniakea Supercluster, (Day 2, Year 0 post-awakening)

Reversing the grip on his sword, Nix charges once more into the fray, spinning and moving in a blur to avoid getting entangled, slashing all the while.
Having dispatched the group of skeletons, Kensei dashes towards the column of undead, cleaving his way through them.
fire the 4 deagles at the horde of skeletons approaching.

A fitting duo, Nix and Kensei charge into the enemy lines using the enemy's own bodies as cover from that machine gun. {AGI: [d8: 4][d12: 1]}

Or is that really the case? (d8: 7) The machine gun opens fire straight through the crowd. The rounds pass almost unimpeded through the enemy's own lines, [d12: 4][d10: 5] imparting most if their energy directly into the swordsmen's armor! The heavy rounds knock them down and force them into a suppressed state while panicked skeletons unleash a fusilade of 7.62mm wildly through the air, taking themselves apart as rounds fly narrowly overhead.

[d10: 4] Weta's .50 AE barrage helps stem the tide somewhat. The heavy rounds virtually explode skulls on impact, lacking the momentum to punch right through but leaving exit wounds the size of grapefruit and spraying even more bone fragments everywhere.

The 'sun' is starting to go down. Your vision will be limited soon.

Raioyris drops his M4 carbine letting it rest on his sling. In a single movement he draws Kusanagi no Tsurugi in a forward arc potentially cutting down his post-drop skeleton foes.

He then grips a M26 which with a curl of his finger he tears the pin out and heaves it over the marrow barricade the skeletons have garrisoned [-1 M26 Frag grenade]. "Damn it. We're being completely outmaneuvered here."

The frag grenade goes off and sends loose a column of stray bones and parts, ripping apart most of the skeletons near the blast. However, the shrapnel from the explosion is considerably less deadly to skeletal organisms, and only harms them at a couple of meters. Bone is evidently harder than flesh. More skeletons fill in the gaps, taking up aim, but the grenade disorganized them somewhat.

[d8+1: 4] Raioyris unleashes the blade on the recovering paratroopers, his first strike separating the plates of the skull, and subsequent strikes slicing through the cartilage holding the bones together. There is no evidence of muscle or motor among the bodies, leaving no clue as to how they move about. But he soon finds himself overtaken by skeletons from behind: one wrapped in tangled parachute cord, using its own skull as a bludgeon, the other bringing a tac-knife to bear. [d12+1: 11] Raioyris easily avoids the attacks for now and cuts down the headbutting skeleton, then stabs the tac-knife skeleton in the brain.

Except... there's no brain.

The skeleton kicks itself off of Rai, dropping its knife and backing off slowly. It locks its fists together, cracking its knuckles, then kneels down and grabs a loose femur to brandish in a Suwari no Tori position. Rubble and bones rain down from above following the Pak gun's second report.

"I don't know what I was expecting, really."

After trying to shake off the snow, Scourge heads out a quarter of the way through the street before stopping and firing his Pak at the paratroopers still deploying from the building.

[d8-2: 0] Scourge tries to pull himself up out of the nitrogen ice, but combined with the heat of his motors and the Life Support Field scrambling to to keep his electronics warm, he only digs himself deeper into the snowdrift. Desperate, he fires his Pak through the snow, betting on his memory of the enemy position... [Int: d8: 6] The shot goes through, opening up a massive crater in front of the gun's barrel and filling the vacuum with mist and spall. This makes it easier to escape the snow.

Hmm... perhaps if I looked for an entrence to the building... if I can't find one then I'll have to hack those nano-bots to get in...

It is not difficult to enter the surrounding buildings. The windows that make up the walls have all melted, like glass usually does over long periods of time. Vines have since covered the titanium skeletons left behind, but not just any vines. Urist confirms a nagging suspicion by tapping one of them.

>> Identifying system architecture...
>> No security detected...
>> Assuming direct control...
>> Logged in to 'Eschatos Serpentine Evolution K -- Civilian Model'
>> Login message: PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP @ WAYPOINT (see map below)--
>> Listing available commands...

../g : Grow/Move a section of vine
../m : Modify the properties of of a vine
../r : Retract vines for storage
../v : Enable video feed
../h : Halt all current processes
../b : Enter bootloader to flash new firmware

Red: Monorails
Blue: Subways

Player Statuses:

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Suppressed (Safe from Ranged fire, but -2 to AGI rolls)

Spoiler: Weta, AKA vishdafish (click to show/hide)
No trouble in snow

Spoiler: Kensei, AKA Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Slight trouble in snow

Suppressed (Safe from Ranged fire, but -2 to AGI rolls)

Slight trouble in snow
Cordelia is unable to fly (atmosphere is currently too thin)

Freed from snow (cannot get trapped again for 3 turns)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:17:10 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2016, 08:26:46 pm »

Nix dashes to the side to get behind any sort of cover, away from the suppressive fire, attacking anything he can find along the way.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »

Yep... Everything just HAS to be electronic... perhaps if I directed the vines to the skeletons I Could Hack them...
Urist thinks before making the vines move onto the snipers, and attempting to hack them by the line created.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2016, 01:04:30 am »

Fire my deagles in the horde, attempting to stem the tide.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2016, 02:20:03 am »

"Snow. A German's worst enemy."

After the mishap in the snow, Scourge aimed his Pak to fire an in-direct blast over the wall of bone shards to hit the enemies behind it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2016, 02:48:25 am »

Raioyris draws his Samurai Edge. With a tap of his ring finger the laser sight illuminates the spine of his foe. He sends two rounds down chamber.

"They're puppets." Raioyris mutters reshealthing his blade.

Holstering his 92FS he grabs up his M4 and fires at the approaching skeletons.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 01:54:30 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:18 am »

Kensei dashes to cover, firing plasma blasts at the machine gun team as he retreats.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8