Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : New Horizons  (Read 9362 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : Artificial Immortality
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2016, 04:14:15 pm »

Eternal City, Planet II, ??? system, Laniakea Supercluster, (Day 2, Year 0 post-awakening)

Night has fallen! (-2 to Perception rolls)

Nix dashes to the side to get behind any sort of cover, away from the suppressive fire, attacking anything he can find along the way.

[d8-2: 2] Nix breaks into a run and huddles up against the side of the building, now out of the MG's arc of fire. [d12: 3] A 50-caliber bullet hits his foot, blowing it out from under him. He slips and almost slams headfirst into a meter-high bar that's part of the building's outer frame, narrowly ducking as he plummets forward. Following this bout of involuntary limbo, Nix finds that the interior floors are rather slippery as well, made perfectly smooth by gravity acting on glass over a long period of time. He crashes into an open locker, and with a squeal the doors slam shut from the impact. Datachips and ruined electronic components collapse on his head in the locker.

Kensei dashes to cover, firing plasma blasts at the machine gun team as he retreats.
Fire my deagles in the horde, attempting to stem the tide.

[d12-2: 10!] Retreat is not a word in your vocabulary! Kensei fires a volley of plasma bolts in the machine gun's direction. [d12: 12!] He wasn't aiming directly at the gunner, of course. Striking down one's enemy from a distance is cowardly after all. Instead, the entire bridge collapses into a loose cloud of dust and heavier chunks on ballistic trajectories. The machine gun team's status is unknown, but the suppressive fire stops for now.

The other skeletons seem to stop movign for just a moment, though none of them turn their heads. [d10: 8] Weta turns the nearest skeletons into paste, covering your back. It seems victory is certain for now (You are free to finish them off as you like. No roll needed.)

"Snow. A German's worst enemy."

After the mishap in the snow, Scourge aimed his Pak to fire an in-direct blast over the wall of bone shards to hit the enemies behind it.

[d8: 8!] Indirect fire won't work without a proper downward angle. To achieve this, Scourge grabs the frame of the building to his rear and begins to scale the wall. Upon reaching the second floor, he is able to line up an explosive shot directly behind the barricade, not only finishing off all the skeletons taking cover, but blasting the barricade itself apart.

Raioyris draws his Samurai Edge. With a tap of his ring finger the laser sight illuminates the spine of his foe. He sends two rounds down chamber.

"They're puppets." Raioyris mutters reshealthing his blade.

Holstering his 92FS he grabs up his M4 and fires at the approaching skeletons.

Together with indirect fire support, Raioyris finishes off the remaining skeletons. [d12: 2] All of them... except one.

It's much larger than the others, standing well over 12 feet, with reinforced and armored bones and a ribcase reinforced with steel bracings. Deep inside its chest is a beating, pulsing heart, connected to nothing yet still going.
Its weapon: A 20mm GAU-8 Avenger. The weapon would weigh more than the skeleton itself! Something is very wrong.

It gives an expressionless stare with a mismatched pair of eyes: one empty eyehole revealing circuits and other features inside the skull, the other taken up entirely by a cybernetic camera with a deathly red glow.

Yep... Everything just HAS to be electronic... perhaps if I directed the vines to the skeletons I Could Hack them...
Urist thinks before making the vines move onto the snipers, and attempting to hack them by the line created.

You grab onto the vines and use the grow feature to start moving them.

Hmm, they don't seem to be mov--[d12-1: 0!] Good lord they're flailing everywhere. Every vine in the near vicinity is now flailing supersonically, and you barely make it out with your storage medium!

[Info: d10: 6] Serpentines, they're called. All-purpose tendrils made of memory-metal. They can be used as whips or arms, and later variants like these can apparently be programmed with a variety of special features like the ability to suck blood and organic matter outside of anything biological, useful as a weapon. You gleaned this information from the arrangement of source files lying around in the filesystem. These ones in particular have been especially tampered with.

You may want to find some way of remotely controlling the tendrils, some cyber-material that isn't a vine.

Red: Monorails
Blue: Subways

Player Statuses:

Spoiler: Nix, AKA NRDL (click to show/hide)
Injured foot (-1 to Agility rolls)

Spoiler: Weta, AKA vishdafish (click to show/hide)
No trouble in snow

Spoiler: Kensei, AKA Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Slight trouble in snow
Power redirection (-1 to Power for the current combat)

Slight trouble in snow
Cordelia is unable to fly (atmosphere is currently too thin)

Freed from snow (cannot get trapped again for 3 turns)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:31:46 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : Dust to Dust
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2016, 04:18:29 pm »

Finish the skeletons with my deagles!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:43 pm »

"Skeletor and look, a direct link to the puppet master himself." The straps slacken suddenly on Raioyris' backpack, it falls to the ground. He tosses his M4 to the side.

In one motion he flings a pin-less M84 flash grenade in the air in front of skeletor, pulls out the .600 Nitro Express and fires through the M84 into the foes heart! [-1 M84 Stun grenade]

He then dashes, rebounds off the nearby wall and attacks with his Kusanagi no Tsurug! Maybe I can avoid that cannon if I stay close.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:56:02 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2016, 05:42:42 pm »

Seeing Weta dispatch the helpless skeletons, Kensei nods and dashes towards Raioyris.

"This one shall support you."

Once he gets there, he jumps onto the wall opposite to the one Raiyoris used and runs on it assisted by his thrusters all the way to the oversized skeleton, with his blade ready to slice it apart.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2016, 08:42:02 pm »

"This one seems to be an officer of sorts. Taking this one down should put down any resistance left in these old bones.."

Scourge jumps off the building and lands on the group, using his cursed enemy as a cushion for his fall. Upon landing, he runs up to site of the battle with the paratroopers and begins converting the weapons and helmets into nanites. Once finished, it begins ordering the nanites to construct 5 robotic copies of World War II German soldiers behind the "officer."

"Ready up, soldaten! I call upon you to aid us in this conflict!"

Once the recruitment is finished, Scourge aims his Pak at the skeleton, waiting until none of it's teammates are withen 5 meters of the boss before firing a round directly at it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2016, 08:45:26 pm »

I Grab Some Other Vines and Try again.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2016, 01:31:24 am »

Nix continues to charge, having faith in his resilient Martian constitution to be able to take any hits, focusing on dealing as much damage as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2016, 02:50:41 am »

Eternal City, Planet II, ??? system, Laniakea Supercluster, (Day 2, Year 0 post-awakening)

Night has fallen! (-2 to Perception rolls)

Finish the skeletons with my deagles!
Nix continues to charge, having faith in his resilient Martian constitution to be able to take any hits, focusing on dealing as much damage as possible.

The skeletons are finished off. Nix throws the locker doors open and charges back out into the fray, finding only one skeleton left on the ground, one-armed and legless, reaching toward the sky.

"Skeletor and look, a direct link to the puppet master himself." The straps slacken suddenly on Raioyris' backpack, it falls to the ground. He tosses his M4 to the side.

In one motion he flings a pin-less M84 flash grenade in the air in front of skeletor, pulls out the .600 Nitro Express and fires through the M84 into the foes heart! [-1 M84 Stun grenade]

He then dashes, rebounds off the nearby wall and attacks with his Kusanagi no Tsurug! Maybe I can avoid that cannon if I stay close.
Seeing Weta dispatch the helpless skeletons, Kensei nods and dashes towards Raioyris.

"This one shall support you."

Once he gets there, he jumps onto the wall opposite to the one Raiyoris used and runs on it assisted by his thrusters all the way to the oversized skeleton, with his blade ready to slice it apart.

[d12: 2] The flashbang explodes with a bang and a puff of smoke. The flash evaporates a thin layer of snow, which bubbles off into an invisible haze of nitrogen, just thick enough to reveal the huge laser pointer attached to the skeleton behemoth's autocannon.

[d8: 8!] Its chest is unharmed. Raioyris noticed a flash of infra-red dominating his vision. Kensei, rapidly closing in, notices a burst of yellow in the shape of a bubble. An energy shield. All the armor, it turns out, is for kicks.

Kensei braces himself and banks on the possibility that this field only stops high-speed projectiles. [d10-1: 1] But the sword clangs uselessly off of [d6: 5] the humongous autocannon as 'Skeletor' introduces his weapon to Kensei's face.

Kensei is thrown across the street and flies into the 3rd story of the arcology on the far side, sliding to a halt on glass-coated floors buried in a webwork of dried-out vines. He is now more than five meters away from Skeletor.

"This one seems to be an officer of sorts. Taking this one down should put down any resistance left in these old bones.."

Scourge jumps off the building and lands on the group, using his cursed enemy as a cushion for his fall. Upon landing, he runs up to site of the battle with the paratroopers and begins converting the weapons and helmets into nanites. Once finished, it begins ordering the nanites to construct 5 robotic copies of World War II German soldiers behind the "officer."

"Ready up, soldaten! I call upon you to aid us in this conflict!"

Once the recruitment is finished, Scourge aims his Pak at the skeleton, waiting until none of it's teammates are withen 5 meters of the boss before firing a round directly at it.

The nanites, freshly baked, traverse across the street as a smooth, buttery creme. They rise into their proper molds and settle into a batch of [d8+1: 5] five German infantrymen all armed with panzershrecks.

[d8+1: 9!] vs [d8: 4] The Pak and HEAT missiles impact Skeletor at roughly the same time in a bright orange fireball, leaving Skeletor unshielded in a pool of liquid nitrogen, which also happens to be a good coolant for multibarrelled autocannons. The barrels begin to rotate.

I Grab Some Other Vines and Try again.

[d12+1: 10] You manage to wrestle control of another set and download the firmware, which you decode into your own mental version of assembly using the available processing power. There's still a lot of energy stored in these vines.

Apparently they've undergone modifications to connect to some external source independently of the authentication system. Thus, even though you can send commands, that other source is constantly beaming new input and scrambling whatever commands you send. The source of this 'other' is unclear, but by using several vines as directional antennae and scanning, you deduce that no radio waves are being emitted by any of the buildings in the city. The source must be internal, transmitted by some other channel. The takeaway from all this is that the vines should behave normally once disconnected from the greater mass. Should.

Player Statuses:

No trouble in snow

Slight trouble in snow
Power redirection (-1 to Power for the current combat, +1 Dexterity)

Slight trouble in snow

Freed from snow (cannot get trapped again for 1 turns)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2016, 06:18:29 am »

Wield my swords and run to the big skeleton and plunge all the swords in his heart.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2016, 12:23:24 pm »

Then it must be Under ground! attached to the "Root" of the vine... now perhaps if I Attempted to send a virus to that...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2016, 01:34:33 pm »

Nix dashes as best as he can to the large skeleton, striking it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2016, 03:13:18 pm »

"I think we need a new plan of attack. That shield isn't going to let us near"

Raioyris jumps backpack and grabs all the demolition grenades from his pack.

He unpins two and heaves them over at the feet of the Skeleton monster. [-2 high yield demolition grenades]

"Grenade! Clear out!"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2016, 05:01:13 pm »

Arm-mounted Plasma Gun (+1 Dexterity, -1 Power while active during same round)
((So is it -1 PWR during the same round or is it -1 PWR for the rest of the encounter?))

Kensei launches himself out of the building and lands near Raiyoris, firing plasma bolts at Skeletor.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : Skeletor Goes to Mars
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2016, 08:58:20 pm »

The giant skeleton fires its autocannon! It sweeps across Nix, Weta, and Raioyris.
[d8: 6] Nix slides underneath the attack and continues charging as the lead beam passes over him.
[d8: 7] Weta likewise has a low profile in full-charge, so the bullets merely pass over him.
[d12: 12!] Raioyris lunges toward the building that the paratroopers came from. The line of fire curves upwards to try to hit him, ripping into the building's frame and causing several floors to collapse, embrittled after years of wear! Raioyris climbs up the falling debris and finds himself hanging several stories up over a webwork of titanium and exposed rebar.... but in perfect position to drop his grenades.

Wield my swords and run to the big skeleton and plunge all the swords in his heart.

[d12+1: 3] Weta's swords all get caught in the ribcage before he is able to insert them all the way, and Skeletor rotates his body causing Weta to lose his grip and fall into the puddle of liquid nitrogen. It's REALLY COLD and it's starting to freeze at the surface!

Nix dashes as best as he can to the large skeleton, striking it.

[10+2: 5] Nix uses Weta as a stepping stone, plunging him further into the pool of liquid nitrogen but leaping over the skeleton's shoulder and hammering Weta's swords into its heart using the flat of his blade. He sails over it in an arc and lands at the opposite side.

"I think we need a new plan of attack. That shield isn't going to let us near"

Raioyris jumps backpack and grabs all the demolition grenades from his pack.

He unpins two and heaves them over at the feet of the Skeleton monster. [-2 high yield demolition grenades]

"Grenade! Clear out!"

[d12: 8] The grenades land both in front of and behind Skeletor. The monster looks at them, and then reaches for a control panel built into its gun.

Arm-mounted Plasma Gun (+1 Dexterity, -1 Power while active during same round)
((So is it -1 PWR during the same round or is it -1 PWR for the rest of the encounter?))

Kensei launches himself out of the building and lands near Raiyoris, firing plasma bolts at Skeletor.

(You'll have to step out for a bit to regain your energy. You can get out and reenter the same fight. However, for now it wore off because you won the skirmish.)

[d12+1: 8] Kensei's plasma bombardment puts huge pockmarks in the skeleton's rear side. It's a shame that it's facing away, because charring the bones doesn't seem to inhibit the monster's function.

Quote from: Skeletor's defense rolls
[8!][6][8!][1!]

The humongous skeleton, beset by the immediate threat of demolition grenades going off at its feet, creates some sort of swirling vortex of white light, which expands into a portal. On the other side of the portal, you see a red planet, backlit by a familiar yellow sun. Air and dust rushes in, and Skeletor jumps inside, allowing the grenades to explode violently. A white flash fills the surrounding space, followed by silence, as the grenades form no fireball in the thin atmosphere. All that is left is a crater. Weta survives due to being inside the liquid nitrogen pool, while Nix sank a bit into the snow and wasn't hit by any shrapnel.

Spoiler: Radio feed (click to show/hide)

The portal hangs in place, slowly shrinking, and emitting a faint light along with an image of the Red Planet.

Then it must be Under ground! attached to the "Root" of the vine... now perhaps if I Attempted to send a virus to that...

[d12+1: 13!] You upload a virus to annihilate the other presence. Nothing happens at first, but then you feel the presence trying to communicate back with YOU. "Just what are YOU trying to do here...? !@#$--" The feed then cuts out.

The virus seems to have bricked all of the vines. They return nothing on the console and will need a fresh, untainted firmware to be uploaded in order to operate them again.

You notice the snipers acting up in response to an explosion in the distance. They pick up their weapons and seem to be struggling somehow. Then they fall over the railing.
They turn out to be zombie soldiers, frozen, with terrified looks on their faces. Looks like they asphyxiated.

Player Statuses:

Cryogenic bath (+1 to all rolls involving getting out of the puddle, -1 to all other rolls)

Slight trouble in snow

Slight trouble in snow

Freed from snow (cannot get trapped again for 1 turns)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Dwarf ~ End of an Era (IC) : Skeletor Goes to Mars
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2016, 09:01:27 pm »

((Whelp, that worked. :P ))
Now to Reinstall something into the Vines... Perhaps if Used a Copy of my Source Code... Whelp I won't know the Results until I try!
I Try copying myself into the Vines.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8