Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df Multiverse mod  (Read 1407 times)

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Df Multiverse mod
« on: July 27, 2016, 07:50:42 am »

Not sure if the name is taken but I had an idea.

Im not great at modding reactions but I have done a lot of custom civs and species, really weird ones.

My goal:

Create a standard DF world with as many references and random creatures / intelligent species pulled from media, Scifi, TV, movies, Comics as possible, something that will give an adventurer many many interesting fights.

Species so far:

- Tyranids
- Slow mutants
- White walkers
- blobs
- Androids ( metal and synthetic)
- Azalabo's
- taun Tauns
- Bird person's
- iridians

- A bunch of other creatures from the above universes.

So, What Im after is Idea's for more stuff to add, creatures you havent seen in a DF mod yet, things that would be hard to fight and interesting.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Df Multiverse mod
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:56:03 pm »

Feel free to use anything from my Star Wars mod. I'm sure some of the other mod developers who have made popular culture based mods would be happy to donate as well.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:11:44 pm »

My Mushroom Kingdom and Mortal Kombat mods are both fully modular, so feel free to use them.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:21:08 pm »

Maybe you could make each universe a civ.  A space-opera civ, a super-hero civ, a film-noir civ, anime-civ, steam-punk-civ, etc.  Whatever you're into. 

I'm not 100% clear on how much you can mod biomes, but you might use those to keep each universe contained.  Like you can limit a civ to only one specific biome, and limit an "animal" to one specific biome, make the "animal" a pet but not common domestic (like camels) then the civ will automatically have access to the "animal" while no one else does. 

There are bird people and penguin people in Furry Fortress 2.  The game glitches out if flying people visit as bards or scholars (at least they did in .42) so I would recommend making them super climbers instead of actually letting them fly. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:53:19 am »

What's the glitch? My mod has flying people.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:03:23 am »

What's the glitch? My mod has flying people.
Intelligent fliers that are either of your civ or visitors (unsure on this last one) in fort mode have weird pathing. In short, they'll only fly to places they could walk to.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:13:51 am »

Alright, I knew that one. I was worried it would be gamebreaking or something. Thanks.
My mods and forum games.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:44 am »

Alright, I knew that one. I was worried it would be gamebreaking or something. Thanks.
Well, In one of my forts, I have a Hawkwoman visitor that refuses to actually GO to my tavern. Instead she flies around and kills keas(which is appreciated).
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."