Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Add a (D)etails option when cooking.  (Read 430 times)

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Add a (D)etails option when cooking.
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:53:58 pm »

More or less what it says on the title. An option to add details to a cooking job to select ingredients, like in masonry where you can specify the type of stone and image of a statue, or smithing and choosing the size the item is going to have.

I know randomly generated recipes are going to be included some time in the future, but for now I'd like my forts to be known for their dishes of fish, turkey eggs, dwarven wine and quarry bush leaves; not for whatever it is my cook found first and threw together in the oven.

(Also, for some reason google translator [I use it to check for typos because english isn't my first language] kept saying I should write "fart" instead of fort.  :P)
(Is there any use for the "message icon" option? Like, I wanna put a ! because I like MGS, but I don't want people to think this is overly serious. So I went with the lamp because this is an idea, more than anything else.)
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.