Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Strongest base playable animal character?  (Read 31028 times)

Colev0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest base playable animal character?
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2016, 11:39:10 am »

Sort of off-topic: has anyone noticed anything strange about animal people in fort mode? They seem to move super slowly on my end, but I'm beginning to think that I've got a special case on my hands.
A bit of a Necro, but just to answer this question.

Animal men have the [MEANDERER] tag. It makes them wander about aimlessly when they have no job. When they get a job they have to fight the meandering instinct, so they end up dawdling over to their job site very slowly, often taking steps in the wrong direction along the way.

I tried making a Tiger man civ once and I had to remove the tag because nothing was getting done in Fort Mode.

Yeah, I've discovered this, as well. The easy fix seems to be adding [CV_REMOVE_TAG:MEANDERER] to the raw file that contains the [CREATURE_VARIATION] interactions. I'm still not sure if this produces any unintended behaviors, otherwise I'd push for it to be implemented.

Thanks for the reply!

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest base playable animal character?
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2016, 04:19:14 am »

Sort of off-topic: has anyone noticed anything strange about animal people in fort mode? They seem to move super slowly on my end, but I'm beginning to think that I've got a special case on my hands.
A bit of a Necro, but just to answer this question.

Animal men have the [MEANDERER] tag. It makes them wander about aimlessly when they have no job. When they get a job they have to fight the meandering instinct, so they end up dawdling over to their job site very slowly, often taking steps in the wrong direction along the way.

I tried making a Tiger man civ once and I had to remove the tag because nothing was getting done in Fort Mode.

Yeah, I've discovered this, as well. The easy fix seems to be adding [CV_REMOVE_TAG:MEANDERER] to the raw file that contains the [CREATURE_VARIATION] interactions. I'm still not sure if this produces any unintended behaviors, otherwise I'd push for it to be implemented.

Thanks for the reply!
The only annoying result is that wild animal men entering your territory will be moving around rather fast instead of slowly meandering.
The ones that are part of a fort will behave as dwarves.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]