Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge a Song VI: Super Arena Boogaloo (Fight 1 in Progress)  (Read 4087 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge a Song VI: Super Arena Boogaloo (Fight 1 in Progress)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 11:58:16 am »

Conjure a menagerie of vines from my arm to constrict and drag Nix over to me! Crush him!

Justification: Flowey used it, also I am a wizard.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »

I think 'also, I'm a wizard' might be my favorite justification.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 12:25:22 pm »

I think 'also, I'm a wizard' might be my favorite justification.

Well that's good.

im gonna use it a lot
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 12:27:32 pm »

Longcoat Blur behind Derm at a close range. Fan the hammer at Derm.

(That's what Longcoat Blur as a single action means right? It doesn't take my whole turn so I can do other things? If not just move a bit towards Beirus and Fan the hammer at them instead.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 12:39:33 pm »

Longcoat Blur behind Derm at a close range. Fan the hammer at Derm.

(That's what Longcoat Blur as a single action means right? It doesn't take my whole turn so I can do other things? If not just move a bit towards Beirus and Fan the hammer at them instead.)

Precisely, it no longer takes up your entire turn.
The pure destructive force of a full speed taco truck is pretty bad, and adding a bomb on won't add that much."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 12:44:07 pm »

Go over to Derm's general vicinity. Fire a laser at Nix using the nuclear control rod (AKA arm cannon).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 01:51:06 pm »

((Maybe I should have picked "Ring of Fire". Just for the Johnny Cash goodness.))

Activate "Now here we stand with their blood on our hands" Charge towards Person.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 05:11:25 pm »

Use Derm's vine-pull momentum to kick him in the face!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 12:19:23 pm »

Round 2
Current Song: Silver Lining
Turns Left: 2

Next Song: Your Best Nightmare

Derm
Derm grows a pretty sweet tentacle arm and lashes out to attack Nix! (6 vs 1) Ooh! Derm's aim is dead on even at this extreme range, and he completely entangles nix, dragging him closer and entangling him! (1 vs 3) It looks like Nix is managing to avoid being damaged by the crush so far, but he's still wrapped up tight!

Derm has Nix gripped fast in a giant arm of vines!
Nix is now Critically Entangled!
Derm and Nix are now at close range!

Person
(5,5) Person turns into a deadly blur, his speed making him seem to teleport directly behind Derm. The crowd goes quiet for a moment as he raises his pistol... (6 vs 1, 5 vs 4, 2 vs 3) Three shots ring out in quick succession. Blood sprays out of Derm's mouth as the first bullet hits him the back of the head, narrowly missing his spine, shattering his jaw, and exiting through his teeth. The second bullet is less devastating, grazing his shoulder, while the third shot misses entirely.

Ouch. Derm killing someone might not be such a safe bet after all.

(Derm and Person are at Close Range)
Fan the Hammer Cooldown: 3
Longcoated Blur Cooldown: 3
Derm is now Critically Injured!
Derm now has a Ruined Face!

Hawk
Hawk moves with glacial determination towards Derm (3), getting in to medium range before raising her arm cannon. Instead of trying to finish off the critically injured Derm, she instead directs the fury of the control rod at the entangled Nix! (6 vs 1) Entangled, Nix is utterly unable to defend himself from Hawk's blast. Range does something to ameliorate the damage, but the lance of nuclear fire still shreds through his clothing and takes a chunk out of his leg.

(Derm and Nix are now at Medium range to Hawk)
Nix is now Damaged

Beirus
The armored Beirus rushes at the gunslinger who nearly felled Derm with a single attack, a glowing red nimbus surrounding him. (3) Heavy armor doesn't move that fast, and he only gets to the statue in the middle of the arena, still long range to Person.

(Beirus and Hawk are now at medium range)
(Ability Active for 3 Rounds)

Nix
Debuff Copy Gained: Critically Entangled

Wrapped up Derm's viny embrace, Nix fights back undaunted. Instead of trying to move against the Destructive Wizard's embrace, he's using the momentum he already has to land a devastating blow! (4-2 vs 6) Using the vine's momentum, he gets there, but Derm's simply sidesteps Nix's vine hampered blow.

(Derm and Nix are now at Melee range)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:58:16 pm by The Adversary »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »

Activate But nobody came...

SMASH PERSON WITH NIX, WHILST CONSTRICTING NIX!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41:57 pm »

Run around Derm in a circle, putting him between me and Beirus. Shoot Derm's tentacle to try and sever it, or at least loosen its grip.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 05:42:06 pm »

PRESS DOWN on Derm, slowing him up, whilst repeatedly head butting him in his bleeding face.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 06:23:21 pm »

Keep advancing to Derm's location. Attack Nix again.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 07:31:26 pm »

Keep on charging over there. Smash Person's head in with my spiked gauntlets. Or if I don't get in range, use the full action for my move.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Adversary

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Oh Deer God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 02:31:37 pm »

Round 2
Current Song: Silver Lining
Turns Left: 1 (Your next set of actions will be the last to resolve with Silver Lining in Effect)

Next Song: Your Best Nightmare

Derm
Derm attempts to channel the spirit of Gundyr, flailing Nix trapped body back into the Gunslinger who nearly killed him. (1 vs 1 DERPOFF: 5 vs 3) It's a terrible shot from Derm, probably as a result of the pain from his mangled face and his shoulder having a bullet in it. Derm slams his viny fist down into the corner of a park bench, sending it sailing through the air. Person doesn't get much chance to mock Derm's terrible aim, however, since, by fortuitous circumstance, the skyborne bench slams into him Person flickers and flashes red at the damage, his body briefly pixelating.

(4 vs 6) Try as Derm can, Nix remains uncrushable.

Person is now Hurt
Nix and Person are in Melee Range
Nix and Derm are at Close Range

Person
Undaunted by the sudden attack from the killer bench, Person maneuvers to use Derm's body as cover from everyone else, and fires a salvo into Derm's tentacle arm. (1 Vs 5) The arm seems to take on a life of its own as several of Person's bullets strike it. It seems angry, very angry. Large thorns sprout along its length.

Probably not the intended consequence.

Fan the Hammer Cooldown: 2
Longcoated Blur Cooldown: 2

Nix
Nix sends an oppressive shockwave through the (now thorny) vine arm that holds him, pressing down on Derm with supernatural power. (3-2) His attempt to reach, or in any way attack Derm, however, is much less effective.

Derm is Under Pressure!

Hawk
(6, Capped to 3) Hawk marches at a determined pace towards Derm, getting into close range with the injured wizard. Rather than attempt to finish him off, Hawk fires another burst of nuclear fire at Nix. (1 vs 5) Nix is an elusive target, despite his predicament, and twists to put more vines between himself and the blast. (1) When the smoke clears, Nix has dropped out of the tangle of burned vines freed by the damaging shot. The vines themselves have taken on a radioactive green glow and are moaning softly.

Beirus

(5,4) It takes an all out run in order to get there, but the armored Beirus gets to within kissing distance of person.

(Person, Nix, and Beirus are in Melee range)
Ability Active for 2 Round

Extra events
Derm is weakened! (-1 Defense of Five rounds)

Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4