Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 64x lazy newb?  (Read 1465 times)

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
64x lazy newb?
« on: July 29, 2016, 03:50:03 am »

Like topic im looking for the mod pack, does it exist for that version? do the 32x version work with the 64x, are just some of the packs content working for it?
I havent manually added things in a long time :(

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: 64x lazy newb?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 05:14:33 am »

you can run 32-bit on a 64-bit computer.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:15:13 am »

Dwarf Therapist and DFHack aren't updated for compatibility with 64-bit Dwarf Fortress yet. So while it's possible to make a 64-bit pack, it would only have graphics packs and SoundSense and maybe a few miscellaneous utilities. I'm guessing a good number of people would be interested in playing 64-bit Dwarf Fortress with graphics packs even if they can't use Dwarf Therapist and stuff.

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:37:50 am »

ok thank you, i think il wait for dwarf therapist then, want to minimize the pain.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 12:12:42 pm »

or play 32bit DF.  You just cant make massive worlds in 32bit. other than that, itll be fine!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 01:03:44 pm »

All those extra bits are so sexy, though. And I heard the new compiler maybe added micro threading. I'm interested in playing with the mysterious new version. Maybe I can learn to play without Therapist for it.

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 01:48:27 pm »

yea i was interrested in the new possibilities aswell since i got a bether computer now i want to have my own little dwarven county
if it gets multi threading aswell then we could possibly need a whole new type of helping tools to manage an ungodly ammount of dwarves

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 01:31:20 am »

the new vesrion has a 32bit version, here : http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/older_versions.html right at the top

Kirkegaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 09:28:14 am »

Without being able to do any meaningful work myself, I do follow the #dfhack channel and the github, and the progress for the 64 bit version seems to be slowly moving along forward. So hopefully we will all have a running version in a week or two.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:30 pm »

Without being able to do any meaningful work myself, I do follow the #dfhack channel and the github, and the progress for the 64 bit version seems to be slowly moving along forward. So hopefully we will all have a running version in a week or two.

That's good to know. If they are that far along, then we'll be getting updated Dwarf Therapist memory layouts soon.