Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Deathgame - A Very Insignificant Fort - LNP 42.06  (Read 68661 times)

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgame - A Community Fort With a Twist - LNP 42.06
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:10 am »

Yay crowns.

- Candy is rather plentiful on this map, owing due it's size. Not the most I've seen, but the most I've seen have been custom gens :P

- No thoughts about bringing near some fun things?

How do I bring the fun stuff? That access channel? What am I supposed to do here?
If you're wondering why I  haven't posted is because of exams. I rarely have a chance to do anything DF related, but I've built up Spring almost completely, but I wanna do the fun things. Help?
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgame - A Dead Fort With a Twist - LNP 42.06
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2017, 07:44:05 am »

Journal of HMetal Silverystopped, Shadowtarch of Deathgame

3 Slate, 504

Wait wait wait, what? Gotta pull them out then.
And the Tongs of Appearing have been put out of duty.

Also, we have 169 tetrahedrites. We either mine or import now.

17 Slate, 504

We have had 3 mining trips, with the first one getting us gold, with the second one giving way to almandines. The third one was just me trying to tap a vein of gems (almandines).

19 Slate, 504

Almandines are sapped out of the vein. 15 gold crowns and 5 microcline gems have been ordered. Also, the usual poetry diversion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

22 Slate, 504

Sparring seems nice. Don't know if we'll be able to apply lethal force at any time. Zom isn't in the caverns.
Um, he is here now. How is he? Let's see

Still with those wounds, eh? Good thing you're made from brown zircon. FOR US!MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Sorry about that. Also this

C'mon herbalists! Time to pick dem plants! Get to it! NOW!

25 Slate, 504

Hope she, Inod, and Zon are doing fine there, with all those damn logs.

4 Felsite, 504

Both gem cutters in this fort are hauling their crap all the time, so one is exempted from these duties to cut the damn microcline.

And that guy's the most negligent gem cutter ever. So Monom will hopefully help (she has some skill regarding this). For that, I have set us off-duty.

5 Felsite, 504

Monom has done nothing. Back on training!

6 Felsite, 504

Paperwork and mixup happened, and now we're off duty! And still doing drills.

13 Felsite, 504

Ado Radifedem, a Human bard has come over. Let's see what she has to offer.

14 Felsite, 504

Huh. Cool.

22 Felsite, 504

Back to drills.

24 Felsite, 504

Yeah. I don't know who left this here. On the Lightning Picks,

25 Felsite, 504

"HMetal, what are we doing here? Nothing is happening. Day-to-day life is amazing, but boring. Our food is dwindling, booze is drying up, and we have an increasingly bored archery squad. Ingish says he has nothing to do here. Your mining expeditions are trivial, if ever existent. Your coin addiction is baffling. And lastly, BARELY ANY COPPER LEFT for the Tongs. What sloppy operation are you running?", our Duchess, Litast, growled at me.

"Umm, err..." "ANSWER ME!" "By Lim, calm down!" "What are we doing here? I'm doing nothing. Onciblu has basically become a living waste of space, and YOU ARE JUST DRILLING YOUR LAZY ASS!" "Isn't that a good thing? I used to be fat when I was a 15-year-old." "Yeah, but still, nothing is accomplished. What can we do?"

Out of nowhere Sanctume comes in. "Sanctume, why isn't anybody cutting the microcline I ordered to?", I asked. "Err, umm... I don't know. That gem cutter is too lazy I think. But I've been listening to you two here, and I have an idea." "Go for it, said Litast. "Dig into the depths!", Sanctume said. "You sure you don't want to hear that stomach-turning sound up close, or me for that matter? Or entirely more terrifying screeches?", I inquired. "Come on, this is an opportunity!", Sanctume hollered. "To do what? End this place? Last time I remember, HMetal here was ordered here to set up an exploratory enclave and a safe new Mountainhome for the Doors of Evening.", Litast said dryly.

"Still, we will do it. The King would want this. We can conquer demons! The old tale of Deathgate is the prime example here. We are Dwarfs, because we have pulled off stunts that would make a colossus blush. This fortress, for example, is a gargantuan pain to comprehend. Even when nobody neighbours us, we prepare for siege by making an extended entrance point for any invaders, and driving our merchant caravans crazy. But, we did that. Why not this?", she pleaded.

"Okay. Sanctume, let's do this.", I said. Litast said something about getting that done.

27 Felsite, 503

The end of Spring is just tomorrow. For that, some people have been cosying up. By dance of course.

An honorary Human ( bard is visiting, and a peregrine turned wild.

1 Hematite, 504

Now summer begins, and Lim knows what comes next.
But in the meantime, some news from the rest of Ecamo Alino.

na na na na naaaaaa na na na na naaaaaaa na NAH
Welcome to Deathgame News. This is HMetal Raltosed, coming with news from our corner in Ecamo Alino. But first, the weather."

"Yes, the weather. I'm Rovod Glazecrews, and it seems to be very flowery with the outburst of summer!"

"As you can see, both sides of the Waters of Rock have bloomed! Don't ask about here though. It rains forever. Evil regions still rain fetid filth, blood, and snow blood as usual. End of segment. Back to you, HMetal."

"So, that's the weather. Now, onto Home News. What is it like, Sanctume?"

"Well, as you know, nothing has changed after our then-Baroness being promoted to a Duchess directly. The Faint Ring has briefly retired for the news segment. Back to you, HMetal."

"That's that, then. Thank you Sanctume. Now onto World News. Now for this segment, we have Blahsadfeguie Simplepainted with us in this room!"

"Yes, hello Deathgame. I used to be the overseer here, y'know." "Yeah we all do. Shut up, and get on with it."
"..."
"Alright, let's get on with it, Bleghbloop."
"Right. Firstly there's the Blade-war of Talons, waged by Deep Society of Indigo Nations (Humans), against the Roasted Pregnancy ..."
"Hold on, is that name real?" "Yeah." "Who are those guys?" "Elves of the Shaken Trees." "Makes sense. Anyway, 19 Goblins attacked Dawnedcave, which had a lone elf defending. Needless to say, the Pointies made a hasty retreat to their Druid-base or something."

"Next, we have The Incinerated War between Kingdom of Sacrifice and Shaken Trees. This time, 4 Elves hold back 20 Humans at Climatedusks during the Siege of Combat, and manage to kill one in fact." "Man, these names are weird."

"Next, there's the Conflict of Squeezing between the Hideous Dungeons of the Free Flies (Goblins) and the Youthful Wing of the Brave River (Elves). At Silkywheeled, the Attack of Thundering had 20 Goblins attack an army of 24 Elves defending their treehouses. One Greenskin died, and the rest ran for their pit. Dear Datan these names."

"Try stop caring about that. Up next was the War of Clashing, waged by League of Evisceration of Frilly Realm (Humans) against Confusing Evils of Midnight of Dreams. Humans attacked Scorpionfiend, killed 4, and now are probably stuck there trying to figure out the logistical clusterfuck of a pit."

"Then here's the weird one. The Ignited Dagger-conflict between the Mythical Band of Indigo and the Rapid Vegetation (weeds) of the Shaken Trees has no armed altercation listed here." "What?" "Yeah, I know."

"Also, the Squashed Conflict between the Dread of Burden of the Fiend of Judges (Goblins) and the Tempests of Clouting of the Brave River (Elves) cropped up, with a Goblin victory. One elf died, and no one in the Gobbo camp knows how to reclaim this damn place. Basically a successful Assault of Lashes."

"Next, in the Conflict of Outrage, the Coalition of Foot, of the Indigo Nations, attacks the Persuasive Swamp of the Shaken Trees. They attacked twice, but the Elves held them off in both the Stormy Onslaught and the Siege of Jaws. In both battles, one Human was lost."

"And lastly, we have the Rings of Tongs. These traitors to Dwarfkind are a band of necromancers who founded Soundwall, a tower of reanimated evil. Since they're so unique, we'll post the details on the screen now."

"Yeah, they're sore. Even when the joyous flowers of summer light up by them, they stay in the dark."

"Anyway that's the news. I'm HMetal Raltosed." "And I'm Blahsadfeguie Simplepainted." "And this has been Deathgame News. Have a good night, and a good drink!"

Now, I am EXTREMELY sorry about the necrupdate, but exam season and a general lack of drive in doing anything has, as you can attest, killed the stream of the LP here. But, as the Elves say, "C'est la vie."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:50:24 am by HMetal2001 »

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgame - A Community Fort With a Twist - LNP 42.06
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2017, 09:19:37 am »

Journal of HMetal Silverystopped, Shadowtarch of Deathgame

20 Hematite, 504

So, where do I start? In order to have something for export, I sent some guys to a mining expedition in one of the lower layers in the fort. We dug out gold, lapis and lots of rock. That rock is being cut into gems and crowns are made out from them. Only diorite and gabbro are allowed to be cut, by way of stockpile parameters. In order to make use of the newly-dug-out gold, Sanctume has ordered to smelt 23 gold nuggets for future use, whatever it may be.

Also,

24 Hematite, 504

Now, Logem has taken all he needs and put them in a clothier's workshop. Nice. Let's see...

Wow. This looks funny as hell. Hope King Goldenbreach wears that.

28 Hematite, 504

Spoiler: It's here (click to show/hide)

About time...

"Your Highness!", I shout.
"Yes, on my way! Sanctume, Onciblu, Urist, come with me!", she hollered.
"So, Logem, this is what you made. What do you think, Urist?", Sanctume asked.
With her trusty notepad, she scrawled out this.
Spoiler: Evud Rovol Description (click to show/hide)
"Wow. My eyes hurt.", said Onciblu. "Who even wears raw adamantine?", I asked.
"The FANCY ones!", Logem quipped. "Thanks for the socks and you now have a statue, and an engraving." "Will the other artifact makes get a statue?", Sanctume asks. "They will too, in time.", I replied.
So this is what I've assigned for an engraving

And the 3 images before, and this one are being made into statues.

3 Malachite, 504

The Goblin bard has started to chant. We never had that before.

21 Malachite, 504

We now have a separate stockpile for orthoclase, and another one for kimberlite and microcline. My greed for common stone is astounding, I know.

27 Malachite, 504
Spoiler: Gem Industry (click to show/hide)
That is part of the new industry. The rocks are made into rings, crowns, and polished cabochons. Then the rings and crowns are encrusted. Which isn't happening because...

WHAT? Why?
"Sir, I have to report ..."
"OH SO THIS IS WHY. I guess you couldn't disobey an order from the mayor now, huh? I'll take it from here," I hissed at Monom.

DOOR SLAM

"Stinthad Lolokthum," I screeched.
"Yes, this is me. How may I help you Cap.."
"EXPLAIN WHY ONOL IS CHAINED TO A TRACTION BENCH, WILL YOU?!"
"A mandate's a mandate. On that note, why don't I have an office, a dining room, and an armor stand?", Stinthad said sternly.
"Cause fuck you, that's why", I responded.
"Did you learn manners? I'm the mayor here. I need those things. NEED those."
"The fuck do you want an animal trap for, huh?"
"Uhh, uhhh, er.."
"See what I mean? You don't need an animal trap. Also, why chain him to a traction bench?"
"That was Monom's idea."
"So now you're gonna throw my squadmate under the caravan now?"
"I'm sorry, but the order's been given. And go fuck yourself."
"Up yours, you stuck-up, needy bitch!"
"Get the fuck out of here, you motherfucker!"
"Fine. I didn't want to see your slobby ass-face anyways."

DOOR SLAM

In other news, I've ordered all of our smoky quartzes to be cut. 11 of them to be precise.

4 Galena, 504

Well, finally we mean enough for the outside world now.

7 Galena, 504

So an imminent barfight. I welcome the ensuing bloodbath.

8 Galena, 504

Another one? We have a tavern concert! Encores!

And one of the poets have started reciting this:
Spoiler: Embraces of Wonder (click to show/hide)

11 Galena, 504

So we have a performer here. A wind instrumentalist (OOC: I checked Legends for this) to be specific.
And a mercenary

Now she's recruited, so I'll request a silver mace for her. And Tode also petitioned for residence.

16 Galena, 504

I've ordered another mining job to dig out some gold and a yellow stone. This time, it's outside.

1 Limestone, 504

I had a petition for another performer, which I denied. Industries are running well. Enough trinkets to sell! Everything, including my subpar poetry, is going well!

Now to check on the rocks...

Very good. I do need to buy more plant matter for booze, so those will probably help.
End log

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgame - A Very Insignificant Fort - LNP 42.06
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2017, 12:23:21 pm »

I guess I disappeared for a bit and left you with questions ^^;; Sorry about that. Haven't catched up in a while in part due assuming you did too after me.

Now...

3rd Slate:

I don't know if you express that it is too much or too little bolts/tetrahedrite n.n

19th Slate:
Ah yes, decorating fortress.

Heh, could make everything out of adamantine. Would be ugly, but could.

22 Slate:

I sometimes forget how young the fortress is. Not even a decade...Feels longer. First succession fort and all that.

25 Slate:

Damn logs, eating fps. You can see why I set the surface on fire. Also drains fps.

4th Felsite: Workshop profiles may be affecting it. I don't remember, it's been so long.

Alternatively, it may be due jeweler being linked via restricted burrow and that not including the microcline - I don't recall, but I recall non-ore stones got separated out from native gold nuggets which were meant to be cut to decorate.

News segment:

That's novel! First time seeing anybody doing that in DF.

Amusing, too. Well done.

Ah, a clothier mood. It's not something I typically groom for, so it's bit rare. Claystone, kimberlite, raw adamantine blocks on pig tail cloth and sand pear logs...

Okay, I think it's one of those new-age dresses with decorations making up the concealing.

Robe? Close enough.

And seems like it could look quite pleasing mix of blues and browns. I approve of the statue.

3rd Malachite, 504:

Hm, song of The Satiny Kingdoms? Sounds human.

27th Malachite:

I see you didn't figure out the restrictions on Jeweler :v To be fair, never foresaw the issue.

And

Ahahahaha

I legit lol'd when I saw chained Onol.

Oh yeah, he isn't chained to a traction bench, he's just standing over it.

Hehehe

I combined jail and hospital, so that they might get treated while being beaten, y'see.

4th Galena:

Oh nice, perf-goblins at the walls!

1th Limestone:

You could probably arrange some yellow gem windows with cut gold and orthoclase.

HMetal, that was some excellent writing. Thank you for writing it!

Also, I talked about moving fun closer. It's now in complete script form.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]