Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DDKDJAJJGS?

ATTGREAGR!
How do I delete polls?
fghyfgjyugfk

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]  (Read 46694 times)

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - 3.0 Comes Soon
« Reply #450 on: March 05, 2016, 01:39:53 am »

I do agree with Zanz, yes.

Also, the nazis. I don't like nazis, and the more cancerous Chanboards aren't a whole lot more pleasant.
Hey man I'll take the cancer and skinheads over the Redditors any day

EDIT:
Laurentia was around at least 2 days in so no it's not us.
Adam Sandler.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2016, 01:42:38 am »

I don't especially care either way, but /b/ and random nazis are a definite few light-years away from shit I agree with.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2016, 01:57:30 am »

Lol

On an unrelated note (to anything in this thread) REPO! The Genetic Opera
Worth watching, I say.
Adam Sandler.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2016, 01:58:09 am »

Eh, the nazis were okay the couple of times I ran over to their place. There were some edgy place names in their town and that's really it, though listening to their mumble channel was... interesting. Helpful bunch all in all. Certainly done more right by me personally than any redditor group.

I can do without the cancer though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:05:08 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #454 on: March 08, 2016, 03:32:58 am »

Our Bet town of Nixonia is pretty well-established if anyone wants to come along. Just make sure you warn someone beforehand that you're visiting.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tuxfanturnip

• Bay Watcher
  • The OS, the tuber, also this bird now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 09, 2016, 01:06:23 am »

So where do we organize an actual Bay 12 community?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 09, 2016, 01:27:17 am »

That would be nice, yes. As uninterested as I am in confrontation, I'd rather we weren't effectively a vassal of the Chanboards.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 09, 2016, 01:40:02 am »

I've started a mega project in bet that I surely lack the ability to dig out by myself. It occurs to me that a better location for the build is around the volcano of tet with the end portals inside. 
The plan is basically a 32 radius shaft from the surface down to bedrock ( effort willing, it's not too important to go that low). Inside that shaft would be the already obsidian clad magma pipe, which could be exposed and replaced with glass for visual appeal. Surrounding the 32 radius shaft would be the community areas of the fort, each floor is 3 levels high with a 2 level gap between allowing decorated floor and roof, community area is set at 64 radius and anything outside that is free for all build space.
I should mention tet has diamonds which makes it a better place to dig, but it's getting increasingly dug out. Bet however has granite, diorite and andecite which is useful for decoration.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 09, 2016, 02:16:37 am »

That would be nice, yes. As uninterested as I am in confrontation, I'd rather we weren't effectively a vassal of the Chanboards.
Hey man no matter what you guys do we'll have your back against the hordes of ne'erdowells. Once you get settled in give the info on where your shit is and all that stuff and I'll insert it in the 3.0 OP
Adam Sandler.

Devoted

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - 3.0 Never?
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »

Hi lads.

ShadedJon here (hi kiddos).

Someone else posted about Civcraft/Devoted over here if anyone has some more political experimenting left in them: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158734.0

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MINECRAFT]: Dorf Fort Civcraft Edition Thread MkII - 3.0 Never?
« Reply #460 on: June 18, 2016, 02:56:32 am »

Thx for linking to that thread, I mostly lurk in the same threads here and tend to miss things.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Civcraft Thread Mk II Dusk of the empire [Check OP for link to new one]
« Reply #461 on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:31 am »

Putting it here as this will bring attention to the largest number of people who would be interested.  Anyone want to kick off another Dwarven Invaders?  Maybe one with mods this time?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2016, 11:41:05 am »

Even if I had the time, I'm honestly a bit burned out on Minecraft. I'll probably check out whatever you guys build—and maybe make something of my own, even—but I probably won't participate in the founding of Fort Whatever, unless it comes at a time when I have nothing else to do.

I suspect this is going to be the case for a lot of people—the new educational year is just starting, and there have been plenty of attempts at Dwarven Invaders in recent memory. (Well, recent-ish—I think we've had several over the last three years.)

It might be best to wait for 1.11 to come out; things should be less hectic by then, and the new update might excite people enough to play. We won't have to wait too long, either: 1.11 has been referred to by Mojang as "a rather small update". It'll probably still be a few months, though.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2016, 01:40:05 pm »

I'm interested but I don't have very much time, so I'll only be able to contribute a bit.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 12, 2016, 06:17:58 pm »

Even if I had the time, I'm honestly a bit burned out on Minecraft. I'll probably check out whatever you guys build—and maybe make something of my own, even—but I probably won't participate in the founding of Fort Whatever, unless it comes at a time when I have nothing else to do.

I suspect this is going to be the case for a lot of people—the new educational year is just starting, and there have been plenty of attempts at Dwarven Invaders in recent memory. (Well, recent-ish—I think we've had several over the last three years.)

It might be best to wait for 1.11 to come out; things should be less hectic by then, and the new update might excite people enough to play. We won't have to wait too long, either: 1.11 has been referred to by Mojang as "a rather small update". It'll probably still be a few months, though.

So maybe keep it as a testing ground for non-civcraft defensive ideas, as well as some architectural tests?  Might have a neat little place we could run with if so.  Actually, there's that other one as well.  Maybe I should put it up in a new thread, leave a link here.

Edit: Here
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:39:22 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]