Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Zanzetkuken CKII Playthroughs (Current: Undetermined)  (Read 5894 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration of the Celts (CKII+)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 02:53:13 am »

Yeeeeeeees.

TIME TO CONQUER ALL EUROPE.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 04:57:23 pm »

Pale frost from a northern isle
Roars swiftly across the brine.
Children of Druids the Norse revile
Long since have bode their time.
Untimely deaths! A flourish of sails!
To a forlorn king shall Europe bend!
If only the Fates won't sound the bells
Of ruin and act like asses again.

In summation: I am excite. :P
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 12:36:03 am »

Well something's really started to piss me off.  On a lark I launched a subjugation war on Iceland after the prior update's end war was ended, then I started winning due to luck and the maluses on their lands.  I set all my councilers that could possibly summon me up a bunch of guys (organize raid, build legend, raise zeal.  Each could raise 300 troops), the combined percentages meaning there is a roughly 68% chance of nothing happening for (thus far) six years.  And I had raise zeal up for roughly five or six years beforehand, at a chance of occuring roughly 14% per year.  Nothing has happened.  The odds of this is under 7%.  You know what is worse?  In that same timeframe of six years, I got a 5% per year triggering thrice...  Oh, and I also have a 14% odd of success fabricate claims going on as well for roughly seven years that hasn't had anything crop up for it either.

...game, why?  Why are you only giving me the least likely councillor event?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 01:40:43 pm »

So, due to the Isle of Mann consistently being a prick and declaring a conquest War, it seems I won't be able to continue on.  While this may seem like a small thing, I should note that they have 6k troops at their disposal.

However, there still exists an opportunity for the Celts.  Another mod, When the World Stops making Sense, has them still floating around in what is modern day Scotland and we could proceed from there, or we could take control of one of the surviving Western Roman Governors to try to reform the Western Roman Empire (Start date is moved to have 476 as the minimum).  Alternatively, I could run a game in CKII+ using Kiev at the earliest start date to attempt to form Russian Empire of the Slavic faith.  I haven't checked the mod, but I know in Vanilla they start with two provinces North of the Magyars with a female ruler.  Which would people like to see?

Edit: As a fourth option I could play a vanilla game with the highest epidemic level, random mongols, and random aztecs, and the such.  Maybe find a deliberately hard start for kicks.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:53:06 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Zanzetkuken Crusader Kings II Playthroughs
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 02:18:06 pm »

Going with the Vanilla 2.6.X run until an interesting mod is updated.  Changes from the default are below:

Major Epidemics: Deadly
Minor Epidimics: Many
Mongols: Random
Aztecs: Random
Ironman: Yes

If curious as to why I am starting another playthrough in this thread/changed the title, see the OP.

The House of Turov
High Chieftess Dobrava

Yes, I am a nineteen year old female leader of a tribal government that only has access to Agnatic Succession.  What of it?  No, I'm not telling you how.

What I will tell you is I have a completely incompetent chancellor that I was left with.

And when you have a guy like this on staff, you kinda wonder how the hell he got his job. I'll kick out the zero and hire the twenty-four.

I'm going to need to get to work on getting an heir groomed for control.

I'll take this guy.  This is in no way influenced by him being the only one I found that isn't a priest.

Nor his relation to a Khan.

Nor him being better than my current Master of Arms.  Okay, it is kinda influenced by all of this.  Have been hearing some conversation about him going to be put in charge, and there's one reason I agree with them for now.

I've got an army to command.

We routed them with a fair amount of ease.

I get word my diplomat to Lesser Poland has improved the ruler's opinion of me.  Good.  It'll form my western border soon enough and it's always good to have decent relations with your neighbors.

Things have been busy, but I can sleep when I'm dead!

Victory is mine.

And it seems the celebrations bore fruit.

Seems something is going on down south.  Can't really care much because...

I had a daughter born.

And had a really bad time in the aftermath.

Fortunately, it passed.  I think I'll celebrate by making some of my weak northern neighbors into Tributaries and negotiate an alliance with my husband's relative.  Can't hurt if I decide to invade the Magyars later on.  I heard the Bulgarians had a measure of success against them...

Previous | First | Next

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Zanzetkuken CKII Playthroughs (Current: House Turov of Kiev)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 02:32:01 pm »

Glory to Chieftess!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »

Aw, unfortunate that you couldn't see the Celts to victory. I'm sure this Kiev playthrough will go better, though. At least until the Black Death comes. :P Beware the Sidhe, for they remember you.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »

Aw, unfortunate that you couldn't see the Celts to victory. I'm sure this Kiev playthrough will go better, though. At least until the Black Death comes. :P Beware the Sidhe, for they remember you.

Funniest thing about it is that I didn't have to use the Ruler Designer to get her.  She's in charge of Kiev as a default.

Minor question for the readers: Should I go on to attempt to form Russia or form a custom Ukrianian Empire with borders as close to the modern day Ukraine as I can get?

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 04:40:11 pm »

Minor question for the readers: Should I go on to attempt to form Russia or form a custom Ukrianian Empire with borders as close to the modern day Ukraine as I can get?
I vote for the One True Successor of Rome™ Russia. Otherwise you'll probably end up with some eastern Slavs occupying your Crimean territories.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 04:45:48 pm »

I vote for the One True Successor of Rome™ Russia. Otherwise you'll probably end up with some eastern Slavs occupying your Crimean territories.

Funny thing.  You see that claim Kundac has?  It's for the Dutchy of Crimea.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 01:49:25 am »

Make a empire stretching from Danzig to Sevastopol and from Moscow to Kiev :P
SigFlags!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »

I may wind up backing out of this current one for the moment due to something I had come across recently.  Using the ruler designer to create someone that has every single negative trait possible (except for incapable), then dump every point you can until you reach the age of 50 into boosting Health, and possibly Fertility.  I kinda want to see what happens, considering my test case has a health of 39.8 and a fertility of 100%, which is raisable by a few ambitions and focuses.  I may kick the former down to 35.8, just so I can raise fertility to 300%.  Also have a zero in every single stat, but only due to rounding.  I in actuality have a -24,-21,-20,-10,-14.  Current setting is on a Muslim ruler, so I can also pick up multiple wives.

I kinda want to see where this madness goes...anyone else?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »

DAMMIT ZANZETKUKEN JUST PICK A DYNASTY loljk ;)

But seriously, can you please pick something and stick with it? I get all invested in the Saga of Kiev and its like "Nah, new thing now" after like two updates.

I love these playthroughs, though. Please don't stop.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »

DAMMIT ZANZETKUKEN JUST PICK A DYNASTY loljk ;)

But seriously, can you please pick something and stick with it? I get all invested in the Saga of Kiev and its like "Nah, new thing now" after like two updates.

I love these playthroughs, though. Please don't stop.

I'm actually going to save it for when the Game of Thrones mod updates.  I got seven kids in two years.  When the mod updates, I am going to be trying to have more members of my dynasty than the Freys.  Til then, Kiev will be the focus.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 05:32:17 pm »

Let me tell you how the Ruler Designer experiment will go.
Since you have every negative trait, everyone will hate you forever. This means you will be murdered quickly, if not immediately. That's how it will go.

Better to grab all the negative traits and max out your starting kids.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3