Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infamy  (Read 1553 times)

imabser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Infamy
« on: July 31, 2016, 07:33:38 am »

I decided to max out a character using cheatengine for max stats and proceeded to wreak havoc on the human towns I came across.  One thing I noticed is that villagers don't tend to run or do anything at all really even when I start slaughtering everyone in the room with them.  They just spit at me and say mean things which seems kind of dumb to do to a mass murder. 

Anyways are their any long term effects of doing bad things?(Besides the nonstop stream of tears.)  Do people come after you?(Bounty hunters, soldiers, angry villagers, etc.)  Will villagers eventually run in fear when they see me? Also is their any kind of infamy system in place?

On a side note I can't remember what I named my character and it's kinda difficult to find all the words searching the raw files and all the online translators only work from english to dwarven...Could someone translate this? Anothushav Shonethgistribcademushav Gistrib Adreomon

imabser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Infamy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:43:40 am »

Found my name searching my save file.

Godlyblade the Hellish Gory Blood-Blades of Gore

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:01:45 pm »

Infamy will come with more consequences later, but never being able to kick things like being a thief, bandit, or murderer is a downside in itself.

You can also check your inventory to read the translated name on your tears.

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 04:37:18 pm »

Yeah, what Max said.  However, sometimes companions will grow to despise you after watching and participating in your slaughters and turn on you (at least I believe that happens; it would explain why I'm sometimes attacked by them during my slaughter runs). 

imabser

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »

Infamy will come with more consequences later, but never being able to kick things like being a thief, bandit, or murderer is a downside in itself.

You can also check your inventory to read the translated name on your tears.
Awesome tip on the name check thing!
Yeah, what Max said.  However, sometimes companions will grow to despise you after watching and participating in your slaughters and turn on you (at least I believe that happens; it would explain why I'm sometimes attacked by them during my slaughter runs). 
Ended up slaughtering my companions anyways.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »

From what I've experienced my companions would attack me if I attacked people from the town they were from. Other than that, they didn't mind civilian massacres, sometimes even starting them themselves (always focusing on goblins for some reason, so I didn't mind it)
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »

From what I've experienced my companions would attack me if I attacked people from the town they were from. Other than that, they didn't mind civilian massacres, sometimes even starting them themselves (always focusing on goblins for some reason, so I didn't mind it)

All of that is true--although I've never seen companions massacre innocents unless provoked; I hope I get that someday--but I've definitely had my companions turn on me at certain points.  Whenever I ask them about me, they call me a murderer, killer, etc...and still happily join the slaughter.  However, out of nowhere, at least one, if not two, may decide to turn on me while I'm mauling some innocent civilian/soldier/lord/lady.  I don't know, maybe I sometimes accidentally go back to the hamlets where I initially recruited them and go on a slaughterfest without even realizing that it's their home, but I doubt it

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 07:32:24 pm »

I dont think hamlets will send out soldiers to kill you if you anger them, but bandits do, if you kill one of them, they send kill squads after you who hunt you down and attempt o kill you, (I have been told merchants do the same).

Your companions can turn on you, its happened to me on a few occasions after I murder enough civilians.
(It probbably has something to do with their values, which you can change by arguing with them , so I guess you could "corrupt" them)

In legends, you can get a reputation as a "Villain" and people will say " You are a villain" if you murder enough people.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com