Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a Roc  (Read 1879 times)

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Finding a Roc
« on: August 02, 2016, 01:52:00 am »

Salutations!
I come to you with a rather annoying problem today. I was tasked with taking down a Roc. But every time I ask anyone about its whereabout, they refer me to a mountainous region called the Finger of Prisons rather than any exact location.I am now stumbling around in these mountains looking for this damn Roc but to no avail.

Is there any better way to track it down? Thanks in advance!

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Roc
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:49 am »

When you are nearby, look in the upper left corner. It could show you the nest location with  directions.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 06:07:47 am »

Oddly, there was nothing there. All markers were of random dwarf sites that were all very far away.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:12:31 am »

There is a way. I can't remember it exactly, but I think when you're told of the rod through the how is life here menu you get told the name of its lair indirectly. You then use that when asking for directions and it will normally work.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 07:44:02 pm »

Oddly, there was nothing there. All markers were of random dwarf sites that were all very far away.

Can you see some kind of green circle (similar to lairs) inside of the mountains?

If I remember correctly, when someone tells you about the monster, choose the second option (the location) instead of asking about where the Roc is.

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 01:50:19 pm »

Ask about life there, with the any troubles question. If there's a roc nearby, the "Beasts" option will come up. Run through it til you get the right Roc, then find where it says the lair is COMPARED TO WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT THEN; after this, reopen the conversation (k-Enter) and ask for the 2nd option, the location of the lair. Find this on the Quest map, then Travel out there, as close as you can get. Try to use the Travel map, as it shows more detail and if you get close enough, will show you the lair's area. Find it, go to it, kill roc. Aim for the leg if you can get in a surprise attack. I had one just pass out from pain when I hit it from behind in the leg.

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 06:00:53 pm »

Salutations!
I come to you with a rather annoying problem today. I was tasked with taking down a Roc. But every time I ask anyone about its whereabout, they refer me to a mountainous region called the Finger of Prisons rather than any exact location.I am now stumbling around in these mountains looking for this damn Roc but to no avail.

Is there any better way to track it down? Thanks in advance!
instead of asking where the roc is, pick the dialouge optino just underneath it; ask about the location of the finger of prisons instead