Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 88231 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Role Call: You Have 3 Days
« Reply #705 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:10 pm »

I was gambitting (because of course I was) on the fact that people would be like "There is no way the scum would *announce* that they had 7 powers...
That's precisely what tipped me off >_>
The way I was determined to play it, because this character is obviously good-guy character who is the key to breaking through the lies of the "me too" pretender to the role of bog-standard or wherever they might be hiding.  (Don't have my notes with me, but didn't you say you were just like one of the lynchees, a significantly elevated version of the baseline?  I'd have played on the doubts about that if necessary.)

Anyway, so much for that.
Glad nobody got the majority vote in the end :I
*grumpy noises*
I'd like to see this game happen again though! It doesn't seem like fillipk disclosed anything particular about the mechanics--so please remake this! (but less hammer'y or at least more secure) :3
There were no special mechanics but I have some ideas for some if I do this again, and definitely having a timed day.   Sorry for not doing a full reveal yet, I've had rehearsal and my dad has been sick so I've been pretty busy.  Give it an hour.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:23:27 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.
« Reply #706 on: January 16, 2017, 10:23:00 pm »

Deadchat

Spoiler: Role Pms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night Actions: (click to show/hide)

No special winner text for anyone since the game didn't end.  I am thinking of running another game with post editing but with a much bigger focus on that, it was just a side thing in this game.  This game revolved around one powerful mafia type person vs a bunch of town players with negative abilities since none of your abilities could effect OSG except TheDarkStar's.  The third parties were thrown in as a distraction from the real villain and the body swapping thing was to prevent a day 1 or 2 lynch.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.
« Reply #707 on: January 17, 2017, 04:58:47 am »

All we needed was a consensus vote >_> (Actually, what we needed were people being stable with their position in voting and having communication--that didn't happen :I)
...And people were voting TBF with no backing reasoning.
x__x
[...This game revolved around one powerful mafia type person vs a bunch of town players with negative abilities since none of your abilities could effect OSG except TheDarkStar's.  The third parties were thrown in as a distraction from the real villain and the body swapping thing was to prevent a day 1 or 2 lynch.
And that was one of the biggest notes in me suspecting OSG :P
Since people did a good work of clarifying a 1/1/town situation, it really seemed off that our townie was OP in that context too. (Alongside computing for hammer votes later on which indirectly had me going with that 1/1/town situation)

Just gah :/
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]