Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 88129 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia (10/11) Day 2 well here's your info
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 10:17:08 pm »

PFP BECAUSE AAAAAAAAAAA (thesisfuntime~ ♪♫)
And unvote.

Four different cop claims, three incompatible, with a dead cop too.  We've got sanity problems.

Which means we need to coordinate investigations tonight to sort this out.
Hmmm...

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Tiruin: You seem confused.  You're not the hero here.  You're a member of a criminal organization that generally tends towards a Sicilian membership, and you are flooding the thread with guesses about my planning and motives while missing the key element to my approach.  You're not Montoya.  You're Vizzini, and I, for one, am perfectly willing to go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line.  This is particularly true when the iocane powder's in both cups.
Tiruin holds her finger up, then waggles it side to side in thought.
Ok, so...if you're scum, that's a brilliant fakeclaim, because it's pretty creative. I mean I'm honored to have such details in my really bland description, but to be honest I'm astounded and leading credence to other details that 'wow he's sincerely scum and doing that?'
Or I'm taking your counterpoint too seriously...
Second, my role PM is as BLAND AS IT CAN BE. It's literally one line of text each--flavor, power, and wincon. :v I'm probably a vanilla townie by reason of mindreading--however in the case of sanity issues, I've no idea how that can work. I do believe I'm sane in complete assumption because this is my ONLY power. :P
But I'm ready to believe that you're the insane one.
Quote from: Also have my flavor text :^ Because I'm uuuseful as a teacher!
"You are a teacher at the academy, like all the other staff you have mental powers that can help you find the spy."

Contingency Plan Alpha:
> All cop claimants are to cross-check their investigations with another
> As the time being, they are not to be lynch targets {someone support or go against this :v}
> Every Cop claimant should list down their prospective targets and their results

Y'all OK with this cross checking plan? Because if this is so, then Jack is either scum-being-REALLY-forward or the sanity issue is something in mind.
Unvote in light of recent speculation, as even if I do believe Jack may be scum, the information being pressed forward is of high testing. Although since Jack was listed as Mafia by FallacyOfUrist (I erased in my notes that this is bussing, or either REALLY ORGANIZED BUSSING AND A FORWARD-DIRECT-ATTACK gambit with crazy flavor), and there's that silly note of me being in Sicily...
Hooooooly CHEESE.
Speculation:
> Cops may be being affected by a Bellsounder-virus.
> This literally made up term by Tiruin pertains to the idea that they may all be sane but their details ARE REDIRECTED to each other
> This speculation is only valid later on when the majority of flooofins are out of the way.

I'm going by implication that OSG, BHK, have no cop powers since they didn't say anything much in their early posts?
Heh. Multi-cop setup, at least two with the same cop power name and flavour.  Excellent.
And you think that it'd be easy that we caught scum red handed just like that? If there are multiple cops, there's a gimmick, I assure you.
Still, let's deal with Tiruin out of safety and then see if we can figure out more about it.
Also, good luck with the thesis.
"There's a gimmick, but let's vote Tiruin out of safety"...dude, context :v Please read the context before going by reflex to LYNCH THIS PERSON BECAUSE SHE'S HARD D: (ahaaa, that's what I said.)

I'm also a cop, got town on OSG.
> Fallacy -> Jack = Mafia
> Me -> TDS = Town
One of my roles is a cop. And I used it last night, I probed GayArchea's mind and discovered that he has the power to revive once, purely out of hate.

No word on if he's scum or town though.
Wait, clear dat :v
Also wut.
What kind of cop is that? Was my hilarious role idea on role investigating true? :^
Everyone: Fullclaim on cops--that ok?
I'm of the suspicion that a third-party is out to get us because of the OP and flavor and stuff. Given me hilariously reading too much of WH40k to balance it, I'm thinking they're all some kind of mind controllers or whatever. [/sorry ;~;]

But yeah. Context appraisal people. I'm curious what people think of the first posts of me and Jack before the BHK/FoU post.

Edit: Seal of Legitimacy unbroken--I was editing this because I thought I was making a new post and 'quoted' a section -_-
I claim First real-thread edit! :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:19:32 pm by Tiruin »

GayArchaea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2016, 10:23:58 pm »

GreyArchaea, can you confirm what I learned about you last night?
Yes, that is true.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2016, 10:29:14 pm »

Tiruin, I do have a cop power, and I used it last night on GayArchaea, who confirmed what I found.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2016, 08:45:32 am »

Everyone: Fullclaim on cops--that ok?

But yeah. Context appraisal people. I'm curious what people think of the first posts of me and Jack before the BHK/FoU post.
Full claim on whether or not we're a cop? Sure.
I think it's been stated before, by me, that I am a cop and I inspect for alignment.
~~~
As for the first posts of you and Jack before copstorm:

I look over them. Well then. In my opinion, Tiruin should inspect Jack tonight, assuming she lives. And:

Still, let's deal with Tiruin out of safety and then see if we can figure out more about it.
Then I noticed this. BlackHeartKabal, I'm curious as to why you went straight to Tiruin and didn't go for Jack, given they occupied much the same position after those posts? Moreover, you left your vote on her after copstorm.

So: What are your reasons for voting Tiruin as opposed to Jack A T?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 11:31:44 am »

Then I noticed this. BlackHeartKabal, I'm curious as to why you went straight to Tiruin and didn't go for Jack, given they occupied much the same position after those posts? Moreover, you left your vote on her after copstorm.

So: What are your reasons for voting Tiruin as opposed to Jack A T?
1. Really? I'm certain I unvoted at some point.
2. Between the two of them being in the same position, I just wanted to play it safe and remove Tiruin to find out more about Jack. Tiruin came off as a safe lynch because if they were scum, cool, if not, go directly to Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:29 am »

PFP
Probably my only (ok, other) post because busybusy at the moment. And I've a BM to bop with IC stuff later on. :I

Tiruin, I do have a cop power, and I used it last night on GayArchaea, who confirmed what I found.
Yeah...that wasn't what I was referring to at all. :P I was questioning why your 'cop' power is differently claimed than everyone else.

[...]
I am also a cop, and I believe everyone here is, with the exception of possibly a neutral or scum. One of us is probably paranoid, to mess with us further. And all of us have another ability as well, barring a fake/someone who doesn't actually have mind reading powers.[...]
I inspected Tiruin. She was scum.  I inspected since it wasn't the ideal time to use my other ability, and I wanted to get more information into the game.
Hooray, you're insane too! :D
Or I've been framed. Seems more logical BUT LET'S get DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Proposive plan of coppery copness:
> Jack targets TDS or any already-supported Town investigated-people.
> Tiruin targets Jack or any other Mafia investigated people.
> FoU targets Tiruin (because hey let's get to seeing opposites :v It'll also confuddle the possible-framer), and/or TDS.
> ...Add in other people because I'm tired but basically do switches and opposites

I've constructed the above idea because I know I'm town--but I also know TDS is town, and thus positioning accordingly.

I mean kicking that out, I'm suspicious of OSG and GA basically because OSG seems to be an outlier with a JOAT setup, and GA because I'm being silly with my tiredness and am thinking a 2-person scumteam right out of a box, in which the possibility of a framer may lie with OSG and the correlation with GA is having a D2 fakeclaim of him acting on them by backing up ideas. :v
Anyway yeah. I'm tired.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 01:29:18 pm »

Ok, so I put the claimed results here for reference (and to save me some time):

- Jack -> Tiruin (Mafia)
- Tiruin -> TDS (Town)
- FOU -> Jack (Mafia)
- BHK -> OSG (Town)
- OSG -> GA (n/a)
- TMS -> Tiruin (Mafia)

(I thought I saw someone else claiming an inspect result on Jack, but I can't find it now. Perhaps it was just because FOU claimed his result a lot?)

Tiruin, why did you choose TDS? You didn't seem especially suspicious of him during the day.

OSG, you seemed kind of surprised that you didn't get a role result on GA. Did your power give any indication of being a role-inspect before you used it?

Was really just lazily done snark.
I'm gambling on the possibility that we have a vigilante who is competent enough to realize that his claim is nothing sort of insane. Besides that, if seven powers wasn't enough of a reason to have the town put him up, I have little faith in my vote resulting in anything.
This.
So in spite of two players being in favour of lynching him, you didn't think it was worth trying to make a case?

Why should you? Well... because I asked, relatively nicely? And because it might help me to work on my own argument against you. Or if you're looking for some benefit it has for you, you can construct a counterargument for each point you put up...
So, either hang himself or make a strawman argument that you can then point out is a strawman? What would be the point of that?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 01:48:19 pm »

No. My description was to "learn of their powers". So I wasn't surprised.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:46 pm »

So I'm a cop too. I targeted FoU and he is indeed town.

We should all check previously checked people tonight to see who is sane, if anyone. But we should rotate targets.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »

Hm, interesting.

So some people appear to have multiple powers and some people are generic, one-power cops (including me). I suspect that all generic cops are insane, but all or most power roles are sane (or maybe the generic investigation ability gives random results, but all other abilities work as advertized). For example, OSG's ability to see someone's exact role is probably correct because it's unclear what the alternative would be, but an insane cop would simply get the opposite result.

So we should investigate each other in a different order tonight. I'm also going to vote for a No Lynch because we need information.

Green point two: Argument based on... tone. Uh huh.
I'm not sure what this corresponds to in your markings, but you act as if tone is irrelevant.  Please explain.  (Please clarify in general, honestly.)
Jack A T: Please construct an argument from my perspective on why you and TDS are the scum team.
Jack A T, TheDarkStar: If you have not given out the number of your powers, please do so.
TheDarkStar: Do you think that from my perspective, it might be a bit suspicious that you and Jack have echoed each other's votes?
TDS: Why didn't you answer the above questions to you?

1. I had answered it earlier - I have one power.

2. I forgot about it because no one mentioned it.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 04:45:54 pm »

Argh.

I've got a lot to say, in part because there's an aversion to even responding to questions in this game and in part because people are behaving in interesting ways.  I'll divide my stuff up into a few posts.

ARGH Part I - Coppery
As everyone can see by now, we're a bit overpoliced.  In addition to dead town cop griffinpup, we have the following claims:
*Jack A T (inspected Tiruin, loose reasons here, Mafia)
*Tiruin (inspected TDS for his amazing N1 survival pattern, Town)
*Fallacy of Urist (inspected Jack, an experienced player attacking him, Mafia)
*BlackHeartKabal (inspected origamiscienceguy, no reason given, Town)
*The Moonlit Shadow (inspected Tiruin, no targeting reason given, Mafia)
*TheDarkStar (inspected Fallacy, no reason given, Town)

We also have two not-a-cop claims: GayArchaea and origamiscienceguy (though OSG claims a role inspect).  That accounts for 8 of 10 living players.  Still need claims from Deus and juicebox.  Also still need people to explain why they inspected those they inspected.  I mean, really, people.

Anyway, these results are a mess.  They are a mess, and they can't all be accurate results.  There's enough incompatibles that the problem cannot reasonably be explained solely through liars.  Something is messing with results.  With this many cops, a form of structural inaccuracy (such as sanity) is the most likely problem by far (as opposed to, say, a single framer for some reason).  There is no good cause, as far as I can tell, to hold any confidence in any N1 cop result yet.

Let's hear from our last two potential cops before organizing too much coppery.  I think a cop circle or two, set up to include a few reverse result moves (someone with a town inspect inspecting someone inspected as scum, for instance), may work.

As always, though, we probably should not depend too much on coppery.  We must be effective scumhunters.  No lynching over and over again until we've made sense of inspects will lose us the game.  We will be picked off and tangled lies will be prepared, while no lynching will leave us lacking evidence to sort the truth out.

We must go hunt and kill scum.

Deus Asmoth: Are you a cop?  If so, who did you inspect last night (if anyone), why, and what was your result (if applicable)?
juicebox: Are you a cop?  If so, who did you inspect last night (if anyone), why, and what was your result (if applicable)?
BlackHeartKabal: Why did you inspect OSG?
The Moonlit Shadow: Why did you inspect Tiruin?
TheDarkStar: Why did you inspect Fallacy?

Next up: Pulling teeth.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

Quick post:
The Moonlit Shadow: Wait, what?  You copped Tiruin because you're better at reading her than you are at reading anyone else?  You inspected her because she's the easiest person for you to read without inspecting?  Please explain.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2016, 05:05:02 pm »

no. I do not have an alignment inspect. Just a role inspect. Has anybody claimed a power other than cop that I should check?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2016, 05:05:38 pm »

ARGH Part II - How To Information
Communication is important to Mafia.  That means explaining suspicions and responding to questions...

TheDarkStar: Do you think that from my perspective, it might be a bit suspicious that you and Jack have echoed each other's votes?
TheDarkStar: Still no comment on this question.

OSG: Why Friday no-lynch?
I decided to reveal that to try to get people talking about the purpose of text editing.
OSG: Alright.  What do you feel your claim adds to the discussion, particularly considering my earlier claim?
origamiscienceguy: Still want answers to these, too.

To be honest, I was kinda suspecting Jack A T, but It might have just been me forgetting that he even linked a screenshot. But, I think that such a soft claim is, well how is anybody supposed to figure that one out. Well, maybe It'll work in a future game.
GayArchaea: Huh?  Why did you suspect me, and what role did the screenshot play exactly in forming whatever your opinion is?
Also, the whole point of the steganography is that nobody's supposed to be able to figure it out until revealed.  It's a hidden hard claim, essentially, to be revealed when needed.  (It's also on the edge of cheating, and probably shouldn't be allowed, but meh.)

I'm going to refrain from voting for now, but my main suspects are Jack AT and Tiruin.
The Moonlit Shadow: ...why?  Just, why in general?  Why not vote?  Why me?  Why Tiruin?  Why say this without explanation?

Next up, in a while: the big chats with Tiruin and Fallacy.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2016, 05:31:51 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: Why did you inspect OSG?
This setup seems to have a lot of powers. I have 7, I would like to ask everybody how many powers they have, just a number. Maybe a tool to finding scum.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48