Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pets dont fight  (Read 735 times)

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Pets dont fight
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:01:35 pm »

I wanted to make  a waterhole with crocodiles, but whenever i shove a enemy in there he just kills my crocodiles with his fists and they wont fight back any suggestions ?
Same with Helmet Snakes
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder

AlBravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pets dont fight
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:27:51 am »

I had a chained war grizzly get beaten to death by a troll.  The grizzly never even took a swipe.  Just stood there until he died.  Same with a war leopard.
Ancient Avatar

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:12:57 am »

known bug, creatures will not fight.
i had a friendly GCS wandering in a busy hall as all my dwarves passed by it. the spider never once attacked anybody, and none of my dwarves got scared of it and attacked it so i just let it stay there for a while.
eventually i got tired of it breaking my doors (building destroyers do destroy buildings with the glitch i guess) so i caged it and now its in a place where i can use it for a silk farm if the bug ever gets fixed (as of now it wont web anyone)
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 01:02:24 pm »

If you can lay your hands on undead you'd still be able to use the GCS for a silk farm. That's what I usually do (with the added benefit that the GCS can then be trained, and thus won't block new waves of critters in the cavern it came from).