Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would killing human guests make their civ go to war with me?  (Read 1707 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Would killing human guests make their civ go to war with me?
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:42:24 pm »

I've got a bunch of them and am considering killing them

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Would killing human guests make their civ go to war with me?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:49:55 pm »

Not sure if it'd work, but you also have to consider that not every one of them is a member of the human civ.

But you can always murder them all and find out!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »

some of the guests might be part of a human civilization, and so killing them will upset said civilization.  However, the human caravans are always part of civilizations, and so those are a much better target.  Not that genociding all non-dwarf persons in your fortress isn't always a great idea.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 06:17:46 pm »

I don't want to go to war with them mainly because of FPS issues, I wanted to kill them because some of them have been guests for like 1-3 years and it's getting annoying

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 06:53:26 pm »

If you kill all the visitors that come to your tavern eventually they'll stop coming.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »

some of the guests might be part of a human civilization, and so killing them will upset said civilization.  However, the human caravans are always part of civilizations, and so those are a much better target.  Not that genociding all non-dwarf persons in your fortress isn't always a great idea.

What if they just happen to die? Like, they get into an accident that isn't caused by a direct physical attack from any of your dwarves

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 03:00:57 am »

IF there is any diplomatic impact at all, it will be small, so you should safely be able to slaughter everyone for a fair while before any effect would be felt at all. Also, visitors may come from different civs, and only the ones you're trading with can engage in war with you.
I think visitite mining is a working strategy, although I haven't tried it.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Careful about mercenaries though, because I've had them turn on the squad they are in after being ordered to kill guests. Sorta like a mini loyalty cascade.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531