Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 66015 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 08:52:21 am »

GM: plot twist(not) - dates changed again. at this point im fed up with it, ill just let you know when it gets closer because this is stupid.
Standing by, ready to go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 03:54:01 pm »

What's the Drowned One smell like?  Does he smell alive, like a fresh corpse, or rotting?  His sheet says the magic curse preserves him on the brink of death, so I dunno.  Dar'yajira would avoid him if he smells rotting, but would react favorably to petting otherwise.  Edit: Apparently, he smells alive, but I'm still curious what else Dar'yajira might be able to tell by scent.

Otherwise, ready to go.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »

((Well the idea wasn't really that he was dead, people just took it that way. It's more like he's in a constant state of dying without actually dying. So I guess he smells normal. He does drip water, though (normal plain water.))

Ready to go.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 04:18:01 pm »

Noir is ready to go.
"Hey...um water guy how you doing?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 05:18:12 pm »

Dar'yajira flinches away when Samuel goes to pet him, but sniffs the outstretched hand.  After a moment of hesitation, he bumps his head into the hand, and enjoys the petting, apparently uncaring of the Cursed One's dampness. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 12:36:16 am »

The Eye is probably ready, bar the techies upgrading its range.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 11:55:19 am »

What's the Drowned One smell like?  Does he smell alive, like a fresh corpse, or rotting?  His sheet says the magic curse preserves him on the brink of death, so I dunno.  Dar'yajira would avoid him if he smells rotting, but would react favorably to petting otherwise.  Edit: Apparently, he smells alive, but I'm still curious what else Dar'yajira might be able to tell by scent.

Otherwise, ready to go.

he smells of the river. dead fish, fresh water, riverbed muck. He has a definite aura of death about him as well. Dark, greenish shadows, sounds reverberating oddly, as if underwater, that kind of thing. his current state is not natural at all, and is objectionable to your druidic senses, though druidism does teach to accept and absorb the unatural in order to bring it into harmonic dance with the natural. In other words: alien, but adoptable.

The Eye is probably ready, bar the techies upgrading its range.
Your flying range or communications range? The latter is as it will be for this mission, and the former will be sufficient. So you're good.

give me a day or two to write up the departure. it hasd been a long week, I got home way late, and am reaching my limit. thank you guys for your patience, and, more importantly, yur continued interest in the game. It's been a blast for me, and Ihave heard only positive reviews from you all, so, yay!

GM: plot twist(not) - dates changed again. at this point im fed up with it, ill just let you know when it gets closer because this is stupid.
Standing by, ready to go.
Noted. My momma always said, "stupid is as you do. Stop being stupid, boy." Or something like that. Who knows? I was usually too busy trying to get my head out of the stairway bannister, or the vase, or get my hand out of the vending machine, or whatever. I'm making this all up, but it sounds hilarious in my sleep deprived head.. Except that first bit, I stoe that from Tom Hanks.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 08:41:14 pm »

Quote from: Douglas Adams
“You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen.”

Terrance is also ready. And thank you for putting up with our nonsense.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 01:31:57 am »

Quote from: Douglas Adams
“You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen.”
*fistbump*

And thank you for putting up with our nonsense.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 03:50:58 am »

((Yeah, man take all the time you need. We really appreciate you doing this.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 05:58:01 pm »

I

My GM
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »

:blush:

gosh. Thanks guys :D

Alright, you all head out to the dunes and pile into a small sailing ship. It smells of the sea, and seafood. A rather unpleasant smell, but not particularly overpowering. those of you who've done this before direct the others to try not to fall overboard, but this ship is larger than the canoes you used last time, and won't capsize from the weight of a few humanoids and miscellaneous. Once you are all stowed aboard, some of the wooden structures begin to move, seperate, and form into entities that begin to mind the sails, work the tiller, and in general get the ship running. I'd call them humanoid, but they aren't. They are upright, but have neither legs nor arms, and especially no heads. They are more like animated beams which extrude limbs based on activity. Their shape varies somewhat as well, from conical to pillar to block of wood. As interesting as they are, at first it is weird seeing them work the sails in the dead air of the desert. But then, the sail billows out, the ship pitches forward, splashes, and tilts back again, and you are at sea.

At first, all you see is ocean. The sun is setting, coloring the sea brilliantly. Before long, you begin to notice other sails, and they seem to be heading the same way you are going - westward. Afte the sun finally sinks below the horizon, you notice that it's brightness was obscuring your view of the shore which has come into view. As you approach, lights begin to come on in the city. Must be Port Heron. And those birds might be herons. There are flocks of them all about. before you dock, you are each instructed to take particular positions around the ship, acting like you are working. the wooden sailors blend back into the woodwork, tough now that you know what to look for you can spot them well enough, and they stay close enough to the important bits to lend a branch when necessary.

You dock, tie up, and disembark en masse.

"You can explore the city for a bit, but stay out of trouble. I mean it. I will hurt you badly if you cause us problems here." Dessmo says in calm, serious tones. "I must meet with our contact and get news of the situation so we can decide which problem is priority, or if we need to split to check more than one. Meet back here at final bell. That's the bell of the cathedral, you'll hear it. It will ring out seven times to mark the end of the day. When it does, head straight back here. You cannot get lost. Well, maybe some of you could. But don't." With that, he strides off into the distance. Senna and Alaran look at each other, then at you guys. "Well, I can show you some of the interesting parts if you like." Senna suggests. Alaran says "I plan to go to the mechanist shop in town to talk business. If you come with me, try not to break anything."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

"Sure, I'd like that... Thanks."
I say to Senna.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 11:13:42 am »

Dar'yajira will accompany Alaran to the Mechanist shop.  He'll examine a map to see how close the nearest Durnvale is to the mechanist's location, and if said "mechanist's location" is different from the shop Alaran's heading to.

((Also, OOC question: If it's not too much trouble, could we get some kind of simple map?  It's certainly not necessary, but it would help understanding a fair bit.  As a reminder, if you use text, type it a monospace editor, so that formatting doesn't ruin it again.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:49 am »

Terrance will follow Senna.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44