Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 65962 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2016, 04:20:28 pm »

Grab some rocks, sneak over, climb up a tree and climb above it
((I was going to make a note here about how I removed the redundant part of the satement above, but I removed it. I removed the note of removal of the redundant part of the already pretty redundant statement....wait))
you get two fairly large rocks up into the tree with you. It's tricky, holding them and climbing.

"I'm fine ma'rm, I just travel faster this way. Anyway, here's what's going on."I explain what's going on, what the problem is, what damage I saw personally on my way here, etc. If they have a specialized retrieval team, might as well let them handle this. If I have to repeat myself for different audiences, thats fine, though I'd like something to preserve decency if I'm going to be here for a bit. More to keep others from reacting than for my own sake.
The strange little woman swings a checkered table cloth around your shoulders. "Best, I got, dearie." She listens carefully, and nods thoughtfully. "We don't have a retrieval squad. I think the tinkers will have to go. Sounds like a Brush bot and a Furnace. And they got into a village? how frightful. No one was killed? that's a relief. I do hope no one was terribly inconvenienced." The knobbly cheeked woman chats amiably until the representatives from the Colony arrive. three of them, one wearing the iconic leather bound goggles, pulled down over half its face. Another also has the goggles, but doesn't really have a face to pull it down over. The goggles are strapped to it's trunk like an unusual bra for an unusual chest. The third has more hair than face, and it all sticks straight out. You don't detect any goggle like apparati on this one. Any way ... you explain again what's going on, only with a lot more interruptions, rustlings, and general crowdedness. The checkpoint isn't exactly roomy, after all.You have to repeat yourself a couple times when the table cloth slips, revealing a well turned leg and sturdy, yet decorative top. What? I'm not very good at woodworking humor, okay? the vegetative one at some point pulls out a strange clockwork contraption and begins fiddling with it. "Taking notes," the hairy one mutters to you, seeing your quizzical glance. Well, in short order, it is decided that a crew will go out and inspect for damages to the perimeter, and to catalogue possible escapees. From what Omega told you, those two are not likely to be the only ones out doing stuff, since the baron has been raising his army for a while now.

((I leave.  For one day.  And then THIS.  ARRRRRRGH))

The Eye generally focuses on not breaking cover in surveillance.  This should have been communicated.  Either way, if that happened, the Eye breaks in, at volume.

>"ALL INVOLVED PARTIES, STAND DOWN, IN THE NAME OF AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN.  A FRIENDLY FIRE INCIDENT WILL REFLECT POORLY."

You hear a lot of scuffling, a few shouts, and Dar running into the woods. Wonder if they heard you?

Flee, FLEE!  Flee like the wind!

Did Dar cast the leg buff before going out, as I specified he would do if the Eye had told him to?  If not, cast it now.

He did not, as that course of action did not take place. Now, you are casting a leg buff to flee? between the dodging multiple people and the sudden loudness of the Eye's voice coming through the comm stone, you are unable to really get the buff to settle. it doesn't matter though, as you find an opening and scurry off into the underbrush.

Noir gets  up casually and awkwardly clenches her commstone remaining fairly useless at the moment only looking around quickly to make sure no one is nearby.
You hear the Eye's voice come from a distance ahead. The Queen? what's he on about? And isn't the Eye right here? Why is he talking up there?

((I actually wanted to discuss a strategy but well I guess that ain't happening.))
I'm pretty sure Jack is gonna try to hit the machine with the rocks from above. I'll stay hidden and when Jack hits the machine and it starts being aggressive, I'll try to topple the machine on its back by a stream of high pressured water (putrid river). When the machine spots Jack trying to sneak towards it, I'll also try to topple it by putrid river. I'll tell Terrance to be ready to defend himself and tie the machine up when it topples.
okay. want this to be your action for next round?

((Yeah, I didn't really want to track the thing down just yet.))

Terrance would have found itself a suitable hidey-hole nearby prior to our attack, where it could camp out with its sling. If the spider comes near, it intends to lodge one of its unidentified stones into the spider's aforementioned mechanical bits. If the others manage to take down the spider on their own, it will do as Samuel requested and tie the up.
Okay. You're all set. Just waiting on Jack's attack. Incredible. hah hah hah.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2016, 05:17:54 pm »

Drop the stones onto it into any machinery, glass, or gems that can be seen. Then throw a sword if I have more then one into its mechanisms. Try to jump nd run next to where everyonenis hiding at, not straight at them
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:27 pm »

Do the thing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:58 pm »

"Do either of those bots pose a signifigant threat? an uninformed team is attempting to disable one as we speak as a gesture of good faith to the locals."
If they do pose a danger, or have special properties that I need to tell the others about, then I'll thank them and leave to inform my team, shifting back to crow form and flying to them as fast as I can.

but if they don't, then I'll stay here and wait long enough for them to catalogue the escapees, ask for any critical information people need to know about the escaped bot types, and then leave now that I have the necessary information. in either case, when I leave:
"I need to return to the rest of my team with this information, we should be coming by later to follow up. Thank you."
and then I'll shift to crow form and leave to regroup.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 21, 2016, 08:41:03 pm »

Dar'yajira whispers over his commstone, a mixture of fear and anger tainting his voice "Twolegs!  Such vile creatures know no good.  Scouting is done, yes?  Dar'yajira returns."

Dar will keep heading directly away from the camp, trying to stay stealthy in case they pursue.  Once he's a fair distance away, he'll curve back towards the Eye and Noir.

((Lenglon, awhile ago the Eye gave Aylia one of its commstones.  Dar'yajira, Dessmo, and Noir have the other stones.  The mechanic guy--Alaran?--also has access to the commstone network.  Just FYI.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 21, 2016, 10:29:18 pm »

Dar'yajira whispers over his commstone, a mixture of fear and anger tainting his voice "Twolegs!  Such vile creatures know no good.  Scouting is done, yes?  Dar'yajira returns."

Dar will keep heading directly away from the camp, trying to stay stealthy in case they pursue.  Once he's a fair distance away, he'll curve back towards the Eye and Noir.

((Lenglon, awhile ago the Eye gave Aylia one of its commstones.  Dar'yajira, Dessmo, and Noir have the other stones.  The mechanic guy--Alaran?--also has access to the commstone network.  Just FYI.))
((last I checked, the Eye had the commstone from Aylia back.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 21, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »

((Searching the thread for "commstone" shows no such thing, or even Aylia using the commstone she was given.  I also just don't remember the Eye ever taking any stones back, certainly not since we split the party.

Could just ask Oz though.  I think he keeps track of these things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 21, 2016, 11:12:22 pm »

((I just checked, and yeah, apparently Aylia had been given a commstone again since she gave it back. I thought you were talking about the one she had last mission. didn't realize she'd been given one for this mission as well. that... changes things. oh well. doesn't change the current action, none of the people she left behind on the bothunt section have commstones, so her actions for this turn remain unchanged.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 21, 2016, 11:52:27 pm »

Noir hesitantly waits....
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 22, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »

Also do the thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »

Drop the stones onto it into any machinery, glass, or gems that can be seen. Then throw a sword if I have more then one into its mechanisms. Try to jump nd run next to where everyonenis hiding at, not straight at them
You wait, and wait. The creature comes near a couple times, before at last coming close enough for you to drop your stones. The first clangs off it's shell, sending it reeling. The second glances off a leg, doing no noticeable damage. You hop out of the tree, land hard, but keep your balance, and run over to where you are close to your teammates, drawing your sword. The bot regains it's balance and comes after you. It lunges forward with a pair of mechanical arms under it's forebody, attempting to grab you, but you block with your sword. It is much heavier than you and you get knocked back about five feet, hop-skipping to keep your feet under you.

((Yeah, I didn't really want to track the thing down just yet.))

Terrance would have found itself a suitable hidey-hole nearby prior to our attack, where it could camp out with its sling. If the spider comes near, it intends to lodge one of its unidentified stones into the spider's aforementioned mechanical bits. If the others manage to take down the spider on their own, it will do as Samuel requested and tie the up.
Do the thing.
You hurl your stone, and score a clean hit, just under one of the legs. The stone wedges in the joint, causing the creature to start jerking wildly. It staggers sideways, right toward your hidey hole. Looks like you're about to have an unintended visitor.

((I actually wanted to discuss a strategy but well I guess that ain't happening.))
I'm pretty sure Jack is gonna try to hit the machine with the rocks from above. I'll stay hidden and when Jack hits the machine and it starts being aggressive, I'll try to topple the machine on its back by a stream of high pressured water (putrid river). When the machine spots Jack trying to sneak towards it, I'll also try to topple it by putrid river. I'll tell Terrance to be ready to defend himself and tie the machine up when it topples.
Also do the thing.
you lean forward and pour forth your vile spray, but the mechanical staggers sideways as you do and the shot goes wide, splashing into that nice clean river instead.

"Do either of those bots pose a signifigant threat? an uninformed team is attempting to disable one as we speak as a gesture of good faith to the locals."
If they do pose a danger, or have special properties that I need to tell the others about, then I'll thank them and leave to inform my team, shifting back to crow form and flying to them as fast as I can.

but if they don't, then I'll stay here and wait long enough for them to catalogue the escapees, ask for any critical information people need to know about the escaped bot types, and then leave now that I have the necessary information. in either case, when I leave:
"I need to return to the rest of my team with this information, we should be coming by later to follow up. Thank you."
and then I'll shift to crow form and leave to regroup.
"They aren't meant t obe dangerous. They aren't designed to be army or anything like that. But anything can be dangerous, I guess. The big one is heavy, and had some flaming spells, as well as cutting implements. the littler one is about as dangerous as a bug of it's size wold be, ignoring the square/cube law, of course."
You wait around for an hour, and have a light meal. After another hour, the first report comes back in, describing a collapsed canyon wall, and asome apparent damage there. closer inspection revealed that there was a tunnel borer operating in that location. It's whereabouts are unknown. Another report comes in indicating several otehr mechanoids are not accounted for. From the sounds of it, cataloguing is going to take at least another day. Want to wait? You recall that there was an officer with your group that had some connection with the mechanists. Maybe he could help here?

Edit: oops. posted too soon.

You get away without further incident, and return to your little party. Noir is there, hesitantly waiting. They Eye is .... floating,  I guess.
Noir hesitantly waits....
yah, okay.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:24:33 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2016, 01:27:00 pm »

Try to keep a tree between me and it, continue to distract it throwing stines at it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »

The feline quickly hops up onto Noir's shoulders, huddling down on her.  "It is done, yes?  These ones return?"

Well, I guess we're returing to whereever we're supposed to return to.  Auto my inactive allies if they don't post?

"...Dar'yajira believes Halfdragon sings well.  It sounds like bird that does not know it is watched by cat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2016, 07:37:52 pm »

Good idea.
I report back what I've found, done, and the machinist's reaction to the situation via commstone.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »

Spring out of the hole, and jump onto the spider. Try to mangle some legs.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44