Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 65336 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:41:56 am »

Original thread

Spoiler: acknowledgements (click to show/hide)

Senna takes her place alongside the Technician (Alaran) and the Lieutenant (Dessmo), and they chat for a minute while the rest of you file in, make small talk, and generally get settled.

"Okay, let's begin." Dessmo says. "We'll be jumping to Port Heron directly, in a small skipjack. We'll Dredge for a day, and take our haul in to be sold. At that point we'll meet our contact in Heron. Or rather, I will, while the rest of you remain on the boat. I'll be making arrangements for our travel inland. We've had reports of three different situations in the region that we'd like to look into.

First, a hive of insectpeople has apparently been expanding, to the southwest of Arelinth. It could be normal growth, but we'd like to check and see if there isn't something else going on. We've had issues with these things before.

Second, there have been tales of burned fields, smashed woodland, churned and blasted prairies. there is little pattern to the destruction, and the culprits seem to avoid populated regions, except for nature spirits and the like. Several Sapients have been found dead near some of the more dramatic locations.

Third, there is a mehcanists' village to the north of Port Huron by a couple days march.  A local lorcling has decided that this should not be, and is mustering an army to march on teh village and destroy the work being done there."

"Now, as we go, we will likely split into tow or more groups for scouting purposes. Eye, you will be ... will b. ... ... I'm sory, is that a daffodil on your head?"

"Plantbaby!" The plantbaby squeaks, rubbing it's leaves together and bobbing.
>Plantbaby, The Eye affirms.

"Right, well. Anyway. You'll be acting as communications between the group at adistance, and may be required to travel on your own between locations. Your com units don't work well over the distances we will be moving.

Dar, Aylia, Senna, and Terrance will each likely be used to scout potentially dangerous suspect locations, And Noir and Samuel, we expect you will be shock troops for the most part, if it comes to combat. however, this is just a preliminary assignment, and not meant to limit your usefulness to one area.

Questions?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:42:53 pm »

PTW and awaaaaaaayyyyy!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »

"Not at this time."
Response.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:59:59 pm »

Noir Seems a little more relaxed and calm then earlier in the day now knowing Aylia is still alive and with a questioning tone looking at the officer.
"Uh...shock troop?"
be pretty happy that Aylia is okay and say the above.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:04:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:02:25 pm »

"It's the person who goes in moving very fast and very aggressively at the beginning of an organized attack. the idea is to hit so hard and so fast that the opponent is too shocked to react properly and counter what is happening."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 03:10:23 pm »

"... I'm not very fast except maybe when I'm in the air but...my magic does hit pretty hard so I suppose...its a role that I can do.You'll get to see father's powers in action then if we have to fight then Aylia...oh...and um... I.
Noir stops talking for a few seconds thinking their wings twitching before looking at Aylia and with a smile. "forgive you for impaling me with all those ic-Ice-Icecules I think I said it right.But yeah...I...Uh nearly bleed to death.But it's okay since....I'm  fine now."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:19:26 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 03:30:01 pm »

"Wait, what? What are you talking about?"

Lenglon remembers perfectly well, Aylia literally never noticed it happen if you go back and read carefully though the turns from when that was going on.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:52 pm »

Noir blinks looking a little surprised rubbing their head.

"..After you well crashed and we're d...dying I ran to heal you...and exhausted myself while doing so and...then when I was trying to slow your bleeding... you woke up for a few seconds and....lashed out and it made these ice...things...and they impaled a lot of my body and left...left me bleeding to death in a bush.
Noir takes a deep breath shuddering as they remember the feeling of being impaled.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 04:44:00 pm »

"Yes, Dar'yajira has a question.  Where is Durnvale?"

Ask the NPC that question, and check the holographic map for the locations he spoke of (and their relation to the nearest Durnvale).

Also, OOC question, are we getting three NPC party members this mission?  Or are they just gonna be backround scenery, not actually doing much?

Edit: For easier reference
Code: [Select]
                                          ^^         |                               X = mechanist shop
                                             ^^        \                              @ = Durnvales
                    @                            ^^^^    \                            ^ = mountain
                                           @        ^^^^^ \     the rock              ~= river
                          ~                         X     /  O
                            ~~                           /
                              ~                         /
           ^^          ~~     ~~                       |
         ^            ~   ~     ~ Arelinth             |
       ^^            ~      ~~~ O~                      \
   ^^^                 @           ~~~~~                 |
 ^^^                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~     /
^^                                                 ~~~~~O   Port Heron
                                                         |
                                                          |
                                                         /
                               ___                     /
                              /  @\                   /
                             / the \                 /
                             \hive /               _/
                              \___/             __/
                                               /
                                              /
                  Burning Vale               /
                     @                    /

Edit2: Added The Burning Vale

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »

"WOULD YOU OBJECT IF I WERE TO BRING ALONG A CASE OF ALCHEMICAL SUPPLIES? ONE NEVER KNOWS WHEN THEY MAY HAVE NEED OF ALCHEMICAL SUPPLIES, AFTER ALL."

With Dessmo's permission, retrieve my hardcase.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »

"Oh... I'm sorry Noir. My body's instincts took over for a moment when I regained consiousness. I was so disoriented and in so much pain I didn't even realize what I'd done. I'm very sorry."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 05:42:08 pm »

Noir nods a smile crossing her face.
"It's okay ebony saved me  right before I was about to bleed out with some kind of scroll and I'm just fine now I mean I don't got a scratch on me."
Noir spreads her wings casually  a goofy grin forming her tail swaying from side to side.

"My wings are working as well now so we can go flying!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 10:39:49 pm »

>"Affirmative.  What local command structure should be followed if out of contact?"
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:42:53 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 03:44:21 am »

"I'm fine I guess. I love meself kitty cats."
I bent down to try and pet the cat.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 08:04:42 am »

"Not at this time."
Response.
noted. thank you.

Noir Seems a little more relaxed and calm then earlier in the day now knowing Aylia is still alive and with a questioning tone looking at the officer.
"Uh...shock troop?"
be pretty happy that Aylia is okay and say the above.
looks like this was replied to suitably. The officers simply nod.

"Yes, Dar'yajira has a question.  Where is Durnvale?"

Ask the NPC that question, and check the holographic map for the locations he spoke of (and their relation to the nearest Durnvale).

Also, OOC question, are we getting three NPC party members this mission?  Or are they just gonna be backround scenery, not actually doing much?

"Ah, Dar'yajira. there are, as your map shows, five possible locations for the Durnvale mentioned by those who took your master. We will be near a few of them during our trip, and will possibly be entering at least one of them. But, understand, that the mission comes first. If there is time, and your duties permit, you can be detached for a time to explore one or two of the others. Which you will be able to see first depends on which of our objectives we pursue first."

the five locations on your map are arranged in a rough C shape around port Heron. One to the north is not far from the mechanists' location and some other smaller locations marked on the mission map. One is somewhat distant to the southwest. Another, Dar has a hard time locating at first, until he realizes that it overlaps with the hive to the south of Arelinth, which is west of Port Heron, upstream along a river. the two others are further upriver, along the two branches of the river that join near Arelinth.

((The three npcs are a part of the party, and will act in concert with you guys. They have needs and goals, and are officially your officers. So, more than background fluff.

Note that Senna is along in part because Aylia will need to wander off for a while, and Senna will accompany her. Or, IC, Senna will be investigating things, and Aylia will accompany her. As for the other two, well, they have their talents and limitations. fel fre to pm me with thoughts on this arrangement))

"WOULD YOU OBJECT IF I WERE TO BRING ALONG A CASE OF ALCHEMICAL SUPPLIES? ONE NEVER KNOWS WHEN THEY MAY HAVE NEED OF ALCHEMICAL SUPPLIES, AFTER ALL."

With Dessmo's permission, retrieve my hardcase.
Hardcase retrieved. There is plenty of time for preparations. Dessmo seems more pleased than annoyed that you want to bring them.

>"Affirmative.  What local command structure should be followed if out of contact?"
In the north, if we are unavailable you will report to the mechanist's leadership. there are other assets up there we will be looking in on, and if necessary one of them will provide direction. In the south, I am afraid you will be on your own, as there is not much in the way of authority down there that we wish to interact with. In Port Heron and Arelinth, the local Omega chapterhouses will see to your needs. They are marked in your map of those cities. Simply report to the overseer of the chapter.

"I'm fine I guess. I love meself kitty cats."
I bent down to try and pet the cat.
unless he pbjects, you succeed. Ding!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44