Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 65844 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #615 on: November 07, 2016, 08:17:55 pm »

"Yeah something to eat would be nice!"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 07, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »

Go with Noir to get something nice to eat.

"Alright, let's get going."
Jackmoffers out a hand to Noir
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 07, 2016, 08:26:39 pm »

Head on out with jack
She takes your offered hand eagerly.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 07, 2016, 09:28:46 pm »

There is little in the way of loot available - some weapons and light armor, and ... oh, there are three vials of what Terance identifies as an antitoxin, there is a leather talisman, and a pewter hair pin, for some reason. Additionally, the group finds about 24000 copper pieces. So, that's a fairly substantial ache right there. Dessmo puts the copper in the captain's cabin of the ship to be distributed later, except for 1000 of it, which he uses for travel expenses - food, minor equipment replacements, that kind of thing, at the small port you arrive at when you cross to the mainland.

Here is your full description of the loot we got from the fish dudes. Terrance took the antitoxin and the talisman (which we now know to be the "Pendant of Tales"). Nobody claimed the pewter pin. You described us burning the corpses prior to mentioning the weapons and armor among the other loot, so I'm assuming they didn't go up in flames; that being said, nobody purposefully hauled them to the boat.

In case it affects our final payout: Jack took a light sword, some leather armor, and some boots off of a dead guy, Terrence kept two bowls and three forks belonging to the baron, and Aylia mooched clothes at various points. Note that Jack wasn't actually seen stripping the corpses by any of his teammates.

We had the first defeated robot hauled back to the ship. I threw all of the relevant information about its physical condition into the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Spiderbot (click to show/hide)

If anybody knows of something I missed, please say so.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 07, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »

It's safe to assume Aylia returned the clothes when she was done using them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 07, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

Go with Noir to get something nice to eat.

"Alright, let's get going."
Jackmoffers out a hand to Noir
Well, the kitchen at Omega is currently underwater. There was a recent food delivery, along with some other supplies. I wonder where that got unloaded? Probably upstairs somewhere. Maybe Thrips will make you guys a nice something. you'll have to ask around.

There is little in the way of loot available - some weapons and light armor, and ... oh, there are three vials of what Terance identifies as an antitoxin, there is a leather talisman, and a pewter hair pin, for some reason. Additionally, the group finds about 24000 copper pieces. So, that's a fairly substantial ache right there. Dessmo puts the copper in the captain's cabin of the ship to be distributed later, except for 1000 of it, which he uses for travel expenses - food, minor equipment replacements, that kind of thing, at the small port you arrive at when you cross to the mainland.

Here is your full description of the loot we got from the fish dudes. Terrance took the antitoxin and the talisman (which we now know to be the "Pendant of Tales"). Nobody claimed the pewter pin. You described us burning the corpses prior to mentioning the weapons and armor among the other loot, so I'm assuming they didn't go up in flames; that being said, nobody purposefully hauled them to the boat.

In case it affects our final payout: Jack took a light sword, some leather armor, and some boots off of a dead guy, Terrence kept two bowls and three forks belonging to the baron, and Aylia mooched clothes at various points. Note that Jack wasn't actually seen stripping the corpses by any of his teammates.

We had the first defeated robot hauled back to the ship. I threw all of the relevant information about its physical condition into the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Spiderbot (click to show/hide)

If anybody knows of something I missed, please say so.
Very thorough. Alright, let's see. Whatever someone filched is their property now, so Terrance is stuck with the antitoxin and the Vocal Bore. I believe everyone is relatively well situated for armor, so any that was taken to the ship would be put into Omega's storehouse. Probably the only things to divvy up are the coins. So, Dessmo offers up 2000 copper for each teammate. Hmm. An additional 500 for Aylia for her go-between work, and an additional 500 each for those involved in both mechanical takedowns. Am I missing any outstanding services done in the name of the actual mission?

Claim your copper in this thread, and you can use it to purchase goods and services in Omega Legion. for a comparison, i'll use the standard DnD 5e handbook prices for things. But that will only be a rough guide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 07, 2016, 10:28:01 pm »

2500c claimed. is that still 25g? or did money values change from 3e to 5e?

1gold = 10 silver = 12 electrum = 100 copper = 1000... i think it was tin? whatever, nobody ever used it, nor did they use electrum, because math is annoying.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 07, 2016, 10:30:32 pm »

2500c claimed. is that still 25g? or did money values change from 3e to 5e?

1gold = 10 silver = 12 electrum = 100 copper = 1000... i think it was tin? whatever, nobody ever used it, nor did they use electrum, because math is annoying.
gold and silver are a little scarcer in Omegaverse, so the exchange rate is off. but in 5e DnD yes, it's the same.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 07, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

I've played DnD exactly twice, so I'm not very familiar with the prices. Am I right in thinking that 25 gold is nowhere near enough for a busted up spiderbot?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 08, 2016, 01:05:01 am »

I've played DnD exactly twice, so I'm not very familiar with the prices. Am I right in thinking that 25 gold is nowhere near enough for a busted up spiderbot?
Something like that, based off 3.5 for a similar sounding vehicle that is essentialy a bathysphere on crab legs, is 2500 gold at least. So yeah.

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 08, 2016, 01:11:13 am »

Jack frowns at the sight of the flooded kitchen
"Well seems that is out of the question. What do you say we just find a nice place to sit down talk, kr what ever you wish to do?"

((I feel I am increasingly writing in the styles of an old british chap talking to a pall of his in ye old pub))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 08, 2016, 11:18:09 am »

Noir thinks for a few moments and quietly looks around.
"I like the  water we could go swimming maybe?"
((Yeah, 3.5 is the latest edition I'm familiar with.  This seems to be a decent reference, as does this if you want quicker reference.  I'm not 100% certain that those are accurate 5e SRD, though, because I've never seen the legitimate stuff.))

Dar'yajira splits his share between Noir and Aylia, taking none of it himself.
Noir stares at the money looking kinda confused.
" huh...What's this dar?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 08, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »

"Swimming would be great."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:09:34 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »

((Assuming this happened in the past, when money was being divvied up.))

The feline lays sprawled near Noir, not even shifting to look at her.  He explains in a bored tone that "This one has no need for metal coin.  Cat cannot carry, Cat does not buy.  Shifter and Halfdragon have use; therefore coin should be given to them."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44