Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40586 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:03:00 am »

Original thread

Spoiler: acknowledgements (click to show/hide)

The Stone Man speaks.

Good, good.

This is a smash and grab. Expect violent resistance. Be prepared for trouble. You have three objectives.

First and most important: The Holy Symbol of Katha. It is a copper, bronze, gold, and wooden icon, abut three feet tall, two wide, and a foot and a half or so deep. It has three arms, and a wide basin on the top for fire. it is likely to be mounted firmly to the altar in the center of the shrine. Bring that to the return point. Without it, there will be no return, and you will die there.

Second, you are to kill and destroy. The priesthood of the faith of Katha are to be eliminated, especially the Abbot, if possible. Kill anyone you find there who is not an Omega, but focus on the priests. They will typically be wearing blue and orange vestments, or dark blue acolyte robes.

Third. You will be looting as much of the valuable as you can. in particular, all articles of a religious nature. destroy what you cannot carry.

the mission has some parameters, besides the objectives:

as I have said, you will not be able to return without the icon. If you find that you cannot get it to the rendezvous, destroy it, and bring the three arms. Three of you will need to each have one of the arms in order to activate the portal.

second. you are to tell no one that you are Omega, nor of your mission. No one. Do not speak Omega's name, nor discuss Omega. You will die.

third. You will be equipped for combat. You will need it. if, by chance, you survive and return here, you will be allowed to keep the weapons and armor you wear there.

Questions?

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:11:34 am by Ozarck »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Blasphemy and Murder
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:26 am »

What can you tell us about Katha, and why is the priesthood our enemy?
Don any armor that fits. Take a few swords and a looting sack.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:17:25 am »

"Query: what kind of resistance can we expect? Merely armed militia or something more fierce? Special magics?"

Grab some armour if there's anything that will benefit me. If there's any weapons that use magic, I'll grab one. If there's not, grab something blunt, like a staff or hammer.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:50:43 am »

If Corvo the bird tries anything drink potion and focus on his mind and making his worst memories surface
if he does nothing do the following.
See if I can leave my pike here to pick up later. Find some armor that fits. If I can leave my pike look for a long sword.

If we are going to be destroying everything we can't keep and carry may I request a couple torches, rags, and bottles of highproof booze?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:53:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:56:16 pm »

"There's something beautiful about an objective this straightforward."

Armor. Preferably mail. And also a shield suitable for someone of my stature. Strap the shield across my back for now. We're gonna have a good time. Oh, and a sling. No ammunition needed for that unless you have something explosive I can get for free.

Oh, and see if I can't get some alchemist's fire for the mission. Or, for that matter, a tanglefoot bag or three.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:57:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »

Grab some armor, assuming that wouldn't interfere with magic. Make *sure* the Omega brand is covered in such a way it'd be difficult to accidentally reveal. Any scrolls lying around, or books with pre-transcribed spells?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 01:20:54 pm »

Varion looks about, peering at everyone with his odd purple eye standing out from his other dark grey eye.
"So, who all here 'ave I naught the pleasure to meet b'fore?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »

"Not sure if I met you or not. If not, I'm Ebony. Mostly focus on magic."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 01:26:57 pm »

"And I'm Fiddler. I play music, do tricks. Been itching to hurt some people, last two missions were kinda sparse on that front. Luckily this should more than make up for it. Rest of you lot are from more violence-intensive missions, I gather. Good company. Excellent company, in fact."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:07 pm »

"Statement: This one's designation is Clunkers. This one is fairly sure that you would have remembered had you met this one."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »

Varion claps his hands,smiling brightly
"Well, glad to meet you all. M'names Varion, though some called me Corvus after some armor I used to have, Miss that old raven mask. I'm good with swords and showing people there worst side of them, I can make you experience your worst memories again and again. Quite usefull in my old line of work. Helping those in need ofit and taking down those who were making things worse. Ahhh how fun itis to do a bit of evil to evil. What of you two?"
Varion would seem almost lost in memories for a moment his hands clenching and unclenching. Before turning to clunkers
"Oh can't forget you, so, y'some kinda golem?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 02:13:03 pm »

"Placid reply: Contruct, golem. Potaytoe, potahtoe. Part mechanical and part magical, but all anger and loathing."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 02:53:26 pm »

"Placid reply: Contruct, golem. Potaytoe, potahtoe. Part mechanical and part magical, but all anger and loathing."

"You see, that's what I like to hear. You gotta lo- wait, I remember you! Didn't you get inducted along with me? You went on the other mission, right? I got the festival, and you got the one where the corporal got her promotion."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • meat that thinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 02:58:36 pm »

"CAW"
Corvo calls loudly, as if to inform everyone that it's important.
The crow spares a deadly glance at varion, before turning its gaze to the stone man. It tilts its head slightly to indicate that it barely understood a word that he said.

🐦: Wat?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »

"Oh? So you survived the raven. Don't worry this little raven here isn't for you yet."
He taps the red silouhette of a raven on his right shoulder.
"Besides, I didmy best to help you,  but the feed back from  that demon. Well, I may well have a bit of his hunger in me. But I digress, it was a team vote. I simply honoured that vote."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32