Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40447 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Blasphemy and Murder
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »

"Are there any prominent illegal elements we could try to pin this on?"

Ask the above, grab heavy armor and a better broadsword if there is any. If the vials of blue pain are shatterproof, bring one with me.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 03:38:54 pm »

"Oh? So you survived the raven. Don't worry this little raven here isn't for you yet."
He taps the red silouhette of a raven on his right shoulder.
"Besides, I didmy best to help you,  but the feed back from  that demon. Well, I may well have a bit of his hunger in me. But I digress, it was a team vote. I simply honoured that vote."
((Reason with a wild animal, why don't you. It only understands a few words of your language, it has never been given a reason to forgive in it's life, and it just so happens to possess deaemoaemonic powers.))

Hearing Varion's voice directed at itself, Corvo turns it's head and stares at Varion. It's exposed eye is showing an intense hatred.
After a few moments, the symbol on it's left arm begins to shine brightly, and some visual distortion surrounds it's feet, like the view of a pitch-black room.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 03:42:05 pm »

Fiddler looks at the bird with an enterprising eye. "Ooh, that one's a magical sort. You speak a language, bird-friend? Heard of ravens doing that. Trained ones, at least."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 03:42:24 pm »

"You see, that's what I like to hear. You gotta lo- wait, I remember you! Didn't you get inducted along with me? You went on the other mission, right? I got the festival, and you got the one where the corporal got her promotion."
"Reply: Yes, the mission with the goop. The very emotional one may have gotten a promotion on that one, but this on got to drown the uppity alchemist in his own creation and got introduced to the brute squad as a result.
Statement: This one feels he got the better deal on that one."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 03:51:50 pm »

Don't think the bird can speak. It understands just fine, but I suppose it lacks the necessary anatomy for speech. Not without some magical tinkering at least.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

"Reply: Yes, the mission with the goop. The very emotional one may have gotten a promotion on that one, but this on got to drown the uppity alchemist in his own creation and got introduced to the brute squad as a result.
Statement: This one feels he got the better deal on that one."

"Aw, man, wish I could have seen that. Drowning people in nasty shit is the best. You ever seen a man drown in molasses? Magical."

"How's brute squad been working out for you, then? I'm more in the league of semi-civilized gentlemen, but I figured branching out would be a good idea. Wasn't looking forward to going on another mission that'd probably last goddamn weeks with the bunch of useless twats who signed up for the scouting."

Don't think the bird can speak. It understands just fine, but I suppose it lacks the necessary anatomy for speech. Not without some magical tinkering at least.

"You know, I think I like it better than the magical cat already. Talks like a bloody idiot, that thing, with twoleg-this and shitty nickname-that. Good GODS have I a lot of frustration to work out, can you tell?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »

Varion narrows his eyes at the crow.
"Bird, you better not be thinking of summoning any demons, that won't work out for you. Now, you can stop and we can be friends or I can show you your mistakes, your horrors again and again till it bores me or you've gone insane."
Varion stops speaking to think for a moment
"wonder which would come first. Everyone, make sure that bird does not summon anything in here, his creations tend to go a bit rogue."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 04:04:51 pm »

"Statement: This one thinks the goop was probably similar to molasses, only the alchemist used a last ditch spell to infuse and animate the goop with his hatred for this one. Fun times.
Reply: The last mission went fairly well. We murdered two squads of mercenaries and managed to raid their base, while still keeping the goblin village fror harm, mostly. In the end we only had some minor injuries. We also lost an elfish organic, but he was an idiot anyway and his entire kind deserves it.
Statement: Brute squad has been working out for this one juuuust fine. "

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 07:41:34 am »

What can you tell us about Katha, and why is the priesthood our enemy?
Don any armor that fits. Take a few swords and a looting sack.

Katha is a god of the She'ara pantheon. Generally an honorable god, birthed in a massive orgy of goddesses which spawned the entirety of the stellar constellations, the wind, snow, and rain. He was conceived to do battle with an unnamed being of chaos, and ultimately destroyed her by belching in her mouth until she exploded. In their faith, he remains on guard against her offspring to this day, and metes out terrible judgment on evildoers, especially on those who pillage and destroy, and on drunkards and gossips.

The priesthood is your enemy because they will stand between you and the holy symbol.

what type of armor? You get two swords. Scimitars okay? they have a curved edge for slashing good. Iirc. Oh, looking at your sheet, you have a -1 in sharp weapons. combined with your bear-itude, swords are probably gonna be ineffective. Think mass, think weight, think "this can be strapped on and be quite effective. And badass."

Looting sack also acquired. looting sacks are standard equipment for this mission, and each of you has been handed several. Enough to carry as much as you can reliably, provided you are not being chased by rabid werecoons or something.  Ooh, I just had a great idea!

"Query: what kind of resistance can we expect? Merely armed militia or something more fierce? Special magics?"

Grab some armour if there's anything that will benefit me. If there's any weapons that use magic, I'll grab one. If there's not, grab something blunt, like a staff or hammer.
again, what kind of armor would you like? it is possible that some armor will be of benefit to you. Just because you are made of metal doesn't mean you are invulnerable. Each of the weapons you guys get will be or has been enchanted for certain effects. Mostly resistance to the holy word of Katha. If you have a specific additional enchantment you'd like to try out, give me specifics and we'll try it. It'll require your magical ability to activate, probably, unless you develop a workaround. Either way, how does a nice, massive maul sound? Whooosh! Bam! Smash! That's how.

You will meet armed militia of the faith, yes. You will also meet practicioners of the arts, and probably some well armed and armored elite guards. The magic will likely be faith based, and will come from the gods. I will give more detail, including the layout of the temple and expected locations of hostiles, once you are all ready to go.

If Corvo the bird tries anything drink potion and focus on his mind and making his worst memories surface
if he does nothing do the following.
See if I can leave my pike here to pick up later. Find some armor that fits. If I can leave my pike look for a long sword.

If we are going to be destroying everything we can't keep and carry may I request a couple torches, rags, and bottles of highproof booze?
A veritable genius, this one. Yes, you will be provided with a cart full of destructive bits. The glass globes you will find in there will act as greek fire, burning and clinging. Handle with care until you wish to use them. as for the alcohol: No.

You get a long sword. Again, what type of armor? Also, your magic use so far has been exclusively to try to bring bad memories up, so I ma changning your magic from empathy and persuasion to Emotional Manipulation. The difference might be subtle.

"There's something beautiful about an objective this straightforward."

Armor. Preferably mail. And also a shield suitable for someone of my stature. Strap the shield across my back for now. We're gonna have a good time. Oh, and a sling. No ammunition needed for that unless you have something explosive I can get for free.

Oh, and see if I can't get some alchemist's fire for the mission. Or, for that matter, a tanglefoot bag or three.

You get the shield. Tower shield or regular? You get mail. Chain? Ring? E-? Snail? There will be glass spheres of greek fire in the mission cart. enough for everyone who wants it. You get your sling, and twenty explosive bullets. it's a minor effect, but could take off someone's fingers, or blind them. Maybe more. Please keep track of these and remind me how many you have. otherwise, they may end up 'falling out of the bag' on the way back.

Grab some armor, assuming that wouldn't interfere with magic. Make *sure* the Omega brand is covered in such a way it'd be difficult to accidentally reveal. Any scrolls lying around, or books with pre-transcribed spells?
Leather armor would be fine for spellcasting. Certain other typse too, if you can convince me to allow them. Ask one of your creative teammates to make a suggestion.
That won't work, woman. Your Omega Brand is specifically designed to be unhideable in that way. You will always be accidentally revealing it in some way or other. However, we will be obscuring them for each of you. They will be undetectable by most means, and the means that wold be able to spot them will likely not be available to your targets.

What kind of spell are you looking for?
make a case for a spell or three, and you could get them. maybe even in a book already. Omega might just have a spellbook for antiholy magics handy. Again, ask for suggestions from your clever fellows. But, make your choices quickly.

"CAW"
Corvo calls loudly, as if to inform everyone that it's important.
The crow spares a deadly glance at varion, before turning its gaze to the stone man. It tilts its head slightly to indicate that it barely understood a word that he said.

🐦: Wat?
Indeed. The stone man throws you some meat. It smells great. He also removes your restraints.

"Are there any prominent illegal elements we could try to pin this on?"

Ask the above, grab heavy armor and a better broadsword if there is any. If the vials of blue pain are shatterproof, bring one with me.
Again, what kind of armor? Chain, scale, plate halfplate, spiky, reactive, sapient? Don't choose that last one. it's .... cranky. You get a fine, enchanted broadsword.

A very good question. We will provide you with a double disguise. The outer clothing will be designed to look like an unsavory branch of the alchemist's guild in Kzarng. Inside that, you will have certain identifiers pointing to employ by the priesthood of Ba'al Tanak. Those cults have a troubled history, and will be suspicious of each other.The vials are not shatterproof. Best you can do is a small sturdy case for them. Still taking them?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 08:26:11 am »

Korvash goes hunting through the supplies for scale armor and a halberd as well as a better long sword.Also look for some rope and a hook to tie onto it. Also grab a fire globe.

"I finally get to go on a raid, This is going to be fun."

After getting the armor on try to get the crow to ride on my shoulder using bits of food. Magical support could be useful in the temple.

(Hey Egan want a meatshield?)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:06:12 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 09:00:58 am »

Leather armor will do fine.

"Well, for one, something to use against their holy magic, if they have any; secondly, something that could help disarm potential traps, mundane or magical, around the artifact we are being sent to recover- I doubt they're leaving it up to the priests entirely to defend it.

Apart from that, does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be useful?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 09:11:15 am »

Leather armor will do fine.

"Well, for one, something to use against their holy magic, if they have any; secondly, something that could help disarm potential traps, mundane or magical, around the artifact we are being sent to recover- I doubt they're leaving it up to the priests entirely to defend it.

Apart from that, does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be useful?"

Rope is always useful tieing up captives and dragging loot around or getting around up and down floors.

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 09:29:36 am »

I'm going to be just a tad more generous here, if you guys are creative. I just gave Clunkers a clockwork staff with two minor enchantments, for example.
And I did give Fiddler a one shot very potent speed potion (with side effects).
So splurge a little.

Just, don't pick the sapient armor. it's .... cranky.

Also "I want a godslayer shotgun with earthbreaker ammo" will get you into all kinds of comical and frustrating situations. so good luck with that.

Beware. Imma make you earn those goodies. Heh. heh. heh.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 09:53:49 am »

I would like to find some lqeather armor. Also you being generous? Hmmm time to look for a bleeding short sword, or rather a short sword dripping blood. For the edginess factor of course. To trade in my normal short sword. If I can get this sword, I shall dub it Sin.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:28:05 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 10:54:04 am »

Actually, how about a brigandine? That plus some leather to guard the old limbs should be enough (failing that, plain old chain mail with appropriate padding ought to do). Oh, and a metal helmet. No horns. And make that a tower shield, actually. Munchkin tower shield, but a tower shield nevertheless. Better be decently armored for this.

As for other stuff, how about blasting charges? Best to vary your explosives so it's not just the burny screamy kind but also the break walls and collapse passages kind. Maybe give those to the killer robot, though, since he's a kinda-sorta alchemist.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32