Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40519 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2016, 09:51:18 am »

"Acknowledgement: As you command.", Clunkers responds, bowing his head slightly.

Clunkers will approach the omega personnel cuatiously in a non-threatening manner until he is within their hearing distance, and say the following loud enough to be clearly heard.

"Mission report: The organics and this one have succesfully laid waste to the temple, rendered its head priest non-functional with extreme prejudice and have brought back the artifact that was requested.
Addendum: Also a few legionnaires may have died. This one is unsure of their number or identity, as this one was not keeping track.

Grand statement: Now this one stands before you as an emissary to the being you have no doubt spotted already. It is a god of justice and the herald of storms. In its infinite grace it has aided our mission by keeping us from certain doom, delivering to us the idol which was out of our reach and clearing us a way to return the idol here.

All it asks in return is an audience with those who issued the mission, so that they might tell it the reasons for our attack on the temple. It is in this one's calculations and humble opinion that this request should be granted, for the being is clearly just and fair.
Addendum: It also didn't seem to particularely mind the destruction of the temple, so it is this one's opinion that its intenions are peaceful enough so long as it is not needlessly angered.

Clarification: What this one is trying to convey is, basically: Don't be a bitch and have a chat with the being.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2016, 01:50:55 pm »

Oh, the storm god again? It must be a sign. A sign that I am not following Fiddler's example fast enough. Run, and do not stop running.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 16, 2016, 03:27:23 pm »

Don't go into the monastery, instead just put some distance between myself and the current happenings. Make sure to watch the fireworks, though.
Yeah, put some distance. Don't want to be in the blast zone if things get violent.
Oh, the storm god again? It must be a sign. A sign that I am not following Fiddler's example fast enough. Run, and do not stop running.
Okay. I want to caution you a little - you are headed out into a barren wasteland. There's a storm brewing. Deserts and storms are not a fun combination. there are sheltery bits out there though - picture the American Western badlands, rather than the Saharah.

Anyway, you three make tracks, Fiddler finding an elevated stone to perch on and watch from a distance wherein all the players look like specks in the distance. Solam doesn't quite catch up to Fiddler this round, but doesn't look back, and Ebony does likewise. You can already feel a faint, wet wind. The temperature out here has dropped noticably. It's almost comfortable, almost refreshing.

"Acknowledgement: As you command.", Clunkers responds, bowing his head slightly.

Clunkers will approach the omega personnel cuatiously in a non-threatening manner until he is within their hearing distance, and say the following loud enough to be clearly heard.

"Mission report: The organics and this one have succesfully laid waste to the temple, rendered its head priest non-functional with extreme prejudice and have brought back the artifact that was requested.
Addendum: Also a few legionnaires may have died. This one is unsure of their number or identity, as this one was not keeping track.

Grand statement: Now this one stands before you as an emissary to the being you have no doubt spotted already. It is a god of justice and the herald of storms. In its infinite grace it has aided our mission by keeping us from certain doom, delivering to us the idol which was out of our reach and clearing us a way to return the idol here.

All it asks in return is an audience with those who issued the mission, so that they might tell it the reasons for our attack on the temple. It is in this one's calculations and humble opinion that this request should be granted, for the being is clearly just and fair.
Addendum: It also didn't seem to particularely mind the destruction of the temple, so it is this one's opinion that its intenions are peaceful enough so long as it is not needlessly angered.

Clarification: What this one is trying to convey is, basically: Don't be a bitch and have a chat with the being.

Neither of the figures you speak with appear to have the most diplomatic of skillsets. One of them is simply massive- easily twice your height and eight times your weight. It looks like it eats rocks for ... well not really for anything, just because. The other is smaller, has an abundance of limbs, and carries and wears various trinkets and artifacts. it's serpentine head darts forward on it's long neck as it strides forward, powerful legs eating the distance with ease. the two come to a halt in front of you, eyes darting between yourself and the figure behind you. The leggy serpent tilt's its head toward you. "Katha - that's the god's name. It was born for violence and destruction. it is most famous for destroying its great grandmother in tempest and gale." Head tilts to the other side. "Oh, a vast improvement, that, to be sure. but gods can be rather ... set in their ways. hrmmm. Emissary, eh? a fortuitous development. Request from the god a few minutes of patience. One worthy to make an answer will come.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 16, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

Get to a sheltery bit.

"Right, did anyone bring something to munch on?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2016, 10:40:16 am »

"Response: Very well. This one will ask it for time. You may want to tell command to hurry it along though, in a tactful manner."

Clunkers then returns to Katha, bows and says the following

"Report: Your grace, the omega legionnaires that came to greet us ask for a scant few minutes as they go fetch those in command. This one urged them to hurry it up, but your grace knows as well as this one that the organics can be slow at times.
Conjecture: The omega base is a fairly large place, and command might be far away. This one feels it best to grant the organics some time before resorting to more drastic measures. Unless your grace deems it otherwise, of course.
Glad statement: This one exists to serve."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2016, 03:02:32 pm »

On second thought, perhaps as a living individual running into a wasteland as a storm is brewing is a poor decision.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:25 pm »

Get to the furthest bit of shelter I see.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 18, 2016, 03:46:53 pm »

no posts today. sorry for the delay.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 19, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

Get to a sheltery bit.

"Right, did anyone bring something to munch on?"

On second thought, perhaps as a living individual running into a wasteland as a storm is brewing is a poor decision.

Get to the furthest bit of shelter I see.
The three of you huddle in a cave, up on a weathered hillside. It's not a deep or extensive cave, but there is some protection from the elements at least.

The wind picks up, rain is falling, and the events on the plateau are beginning ot get obscured by both the rain and the dust blowing about. Read clunkers' bit for more information on the state of the storm, too.

"Response: Very well. This one will ask it for time. You may want to tell command to hurry it along though, in a tactful manner."

Clunkers then returns to Katha, bows and says the following

"Report: Your grace, the omega legionnaires that came to greet us ask for a scant few minutes as they go fetch those in command. This one urged them to hurry it up, but your grace knows as well as this one that the organics can be slow at times.
Conjecture: The omega base is a fairly large place, and command might be far away. This one feels it best to grant the organics some time before resorting to more drastic measures. Unless your grace deems it otherwise, of course.
Glad statement: This one exists to serve."

the god merely nods acceptance of your report and stands. the storm grows in intensity around you, but you and he are in a calm place. The two Omegas that have come are visibly affected by the wind, with cloth whipping about and the like, but they remain standing still. Their ability to weather the storm seems extraordinary.

After a few minutes, you sense an increase in the electrical charge in the air. Blahs lightning begins lighting up the now gloomy sky, and a stream of water floods through your calm place, heading toward the canyon. And then a familiar figure, a man in plain, well used armor, appears within the calm, facing Katha stoicly.

"GIVE ACCOUNT, AGENT OF OMEGA LEGION, SERVANT OF THE QUEEN."

"Welcome home."

"What?!?!."

The lightning turns into bright, fierce jagged strikes, thunder clapping and roaring. the wind intrudes at last into the calm center, and Clunkers is pelted by raindrops the size of hamsters, and thankfully much smaller hailstones. Several brilliant green flashes occur toward where the other two Omega representatives are, and the whole plateau beneath your feet is flowing, inches of muddy water rushing across and off into the canyon.

You get the impression that that wasn't the account Katha expected to receive.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 19, 2016, 11:18:21 pm »

"I guess it's not really surprising they have a contingency for that if they're gonna send people to plunder temples and shit."

Watch as long as my bacon remains unthreatened by this storm.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2016, 12:37:57 am »

Well, this has been an interesting adventure. Make sure I still have all of my parts, now that I might be somewhat safe. Also, try to remember if we brought the cart.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2016, 11:18:00 am »

"Pleading statement: Now now, your grace. No reason to get upset. The Legion isn't exactly known for its social graces. You must forgive us mortals our shortcomings, we cannot help it. Allow me to do the introdcutions."

He turns towards the Omega representative.

"Statement: It is good to be home.
Mission report: We have assassinated the head priest, laid ruin to the temple and brought the idol, as per mission parameters. Doing so would have been impossible without the help of the being before you, though it has a request in exchange.
Explenation: The one before you is Katha, god of justice and harbinger of storms. Katha would like an account about the reasons and details of our mission on his temple. It seems like the least we could do in exchange for the help he has given."

Clunkers takes small bow and steps back again, hoping the god and the man will play nice. If robots could sweat, he'd be as slick as an oilspill right now.

Say the above, hope for the best. Also rearrange my staff to absorb lightning in a discreet way, and pull on the hood of my magic resistant cloak.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 20, 2016, 05:48:56 pm »

((I'd actually meant by that that Ebony would be staying on the plateau instead. Hence the "on second thought".))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2016, 06:37:41 pm »

"I guess it's not really surprising they have a contingency for that if they're gonna send people to plunder temples and shit."

Watch as long as my bacon remains unthreatened by this storm.
It's getting a little dicey, but you are safe for now, if a bit wet. if the storm grows much in intensity, who knows what might happen though.

Well, this has been an interesting adventure. Make sure I still have all of my parts, now that I might be somewhat safe. Also, try to remember if we brought the cart.
the cart got wrecked, yo. you do have all your parts, and your brain back, yay!

((I'd actually meant by that that Ebony would be staying on the plateau instead. Hence the "on second thought".))
if you'd have stayed where you were, you'd either be in huddling behind clunkers right now, or have been swept away by the water and wind. I had assumed you meant "Don't hang around or run into the open exposed land, but find shelter" instead, and had you follow those guys since shelter is what they were after. I can retcon you to either Clunkers' side, or the monastery, if you prefer.

"Pleading statement: Now now, your grace. No reason to get upset. The Legion isn't exactly known for its social graces. You must forgive us mortals our shortcomings, we cannot help it. Allow me to do the introdcutions."

He turns towards the Omega representative.

"Statement: It is good to be home.
Mission report: We have assassinated the head priest, laid ruin to the temple and brought the idol, as per mission parameters. Doing so would have been impossible without the help of the being before you, though it has a request in exchange.
Explenation: The one before you is Katha, god of justice and harbinger of storms. Katha would like an account about the reasons and details of our mission on his temple. It seems like the least we could do in exchange for the help he has given."

Clunkers takes small bow and steps back again, hoping the god and the man will play nice. If robots could sweat, he'd be as slick as an oilspill right now.

Say the above, hope for the best. Also rearrange my staff to absorb lightning in a discreet way, and pull on the hood of my magic resistant cloak.
"Katha is fully aware of the reason behind our attack. What Katha is after is not explanation, 'Emissary,' but a target for his wrath. You see, his sanctuary has been violated, and the Old Laws do not allow him to overlook the infraction, nor to simply let it pass. Katha's Justice will come to pass. Omega Legion will be honored to serve in carrying Katha's Name to the heretics who have called down misfortune on his people, and have forgotten his Glory, in the proper time, at the decisive moment. Until such time - the Time of Katha's Retribution - Omega Legion is honored to provide a sanctuary wherein Katha's Name might be proclaimed. It is but a poor place, not worthy to be called Katha's Final Resting Place, but we offer our guest the finest we have, until that Day arrives."

Katha, Clunkers, and the Man in Armor form a tableau, standing in silence for some time while the storm rages. the returnign heroes huddle in their cave, wet and cold, hoping either for violent fireworks, or for sun.

"A MODEST HALL IN WHICH TO TAKE RESPITE. I WILL ACCEPT YOUR INVITATION, FOR A TIME. YOR HOUSE WILL BE SUNG ABOUT IN SONGS OF GLORY AND CONQUEST, ON THE DAY I CAST DOWN THE USURPERS ONCE MORE."

Katha disappears in a flash of light and a mighty thunder, which echoes through the canyon for minutes after. the storm rages on, pouring into the formerly still spot in full force. Clunkers is buffeted hard by the wind, rain, and ice, finding it difficult to remain upright. The Man in Armor gestures for him to follow, and leads him into the monastery.

Meanwhile, a voice calls out behind the group in the cave. they turn and see a head poking out of the shadows. "Best follow me. We'll get you dry again." You turn to follow and pass through a crack in the wall you are sure wasn't there before, only to step out inside the foyer of the monastery, which is getting crowded, what with Clunkers, The Man in Armor, the big guy and the snake lady, and your guide.

and so ends the mission to steal a god. Level ups, and you have a little opportunity here, so take advantage of it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »

Clunkers shrugs off his hood and puts his staff back into a neutral position.

"statement: Well, that was awkward. Still, Fiddler organic, you must acknowledge that all's well ends well.
Sad statement: still, this one is disappointed that the god did not tell this one the whole truth. Even beings that seem superior at first glance have their flaws, it seems.
Melancholic statement: A shame. It seems this one's search for a worthy master is not over after all."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32