Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40330 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2016, 06:52:58 pm »

((Ah. Well, it doesn't seem to matter now anyway, so staying with the cave group is fine.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2016, 09:20:56 pm »

Constitution +5, General Knowledge +5

((So I've got a -5 CON tempdeath, any others?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »

Clunkers shrugs off his hood and puts his staff back into a neutral position.

"statement: Well, that was awkward. Still, Fiddler organic, you must acknowledge that all's well ends well.
Sad statement: still, this one is disappointed that the god did not tell this one the whole truth. Even beings that seem superior at first glance have their flaws, it seems.
Melancholic statement: A shame. It seems this one's search for a worthy master is not over after all."

"Eh, serving gods is a mug's game anyway. You're better off finding somebody who can't invoke the omniscience license, however incorrectly."

Make a full report of our excellent adventures when appropriate. Where we went, who we killed, what we demolished and how it all ended.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 21, 2016, 05:31:50 am »

"Eh, serving gods is a mug's game anyway. You're better off finding somebody who can't invoke the omniscience license, however incorrectly."
"Acknowledgement: True that. It would have been something if god's were just silent beings that you never interacted with directly, but seeing one up close really takes away the magic of it all."

Fill in the blanks of Fiddler's report if there are any, be sure to mention the parts where I was alone with the idol/katha. Ask if we get any rewards.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 21, 2016, 10:19:49 pm »

Constitution +5, General Knowledge +5

((So I've got a -5 CON tempdeath, any others?))
no new tempdeaths, no. You do have a strange affinity for crows now, and have become allergic to lightning.

Clunkers shrugs off his hood and puts his staff back into a neutral position.

"statement: Well, that was awkward. Still, Fiddler organic, you must acknowledge that all's well ends well.
Sad statement: still, this one is disappointed that the god did not tell this one the whole truth. Even beings that seem superior at first glance have their flaws, it seems.
Melancholic statement: A shame. It seems this one's search for a worthy master is not over after all."

Make a full report of our excellent adventures when appropriate. Where we went, who we killed, what we demolished and how it all ended.
"Acknowledgement: True that. It would have been something if god's were just silent beings that you never interacted with directly, but seeing one up close really takes away the magic of it all."

Fill in the blanks of Fiddler's report if there are any, be sure to mention the parts where I was alone with the idol/katha. Ask if we get any rewards.
Sounds like things might have gone better if that nutter hadn't turned on you all before he had a chance to stab someone we wanted dead. Too bad about his vampiric sword though - a useful tool. One of you might have benefited from it. Probably Mongo. the bird at least fulfilled his part. That's unexpected. RAvens are smart for birds, but they are still birds. Rewards? What did you have in mind, beyond the equipment you received to do the job?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 22, 2016, 03:15:18 am »

"That's the problem with employing fuckwits, sir, you can never predict what they're gonna do."

"As for rewards, may I request a replacement set of those brass knuckles I got? I'm a man of humble needs and miniscule size, you see, and I do believe they'd make me a touch more effective at more than just telling other people what to do."

+5 Constitution, +5 Skill Specializations (new specialization: Potion Use).

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 24, 2016, 08:41:04 am »

levelup: +5 to int, +5 to specialization.

"Statement: At least he managed to get himself killed before doing further harm.
Query: This one wouldn't mind an upgrade to itself. Perhaps some kind of system that allow this one to take magical energy from magical items or living organics, store it in itself or a battery and then use it for its spells?
Statmenet: having to use exlusively its own energy to power its magic is terribly inneficient."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2016, 04:41:01 pm »

"That's the problem with employing fuckwits, sir, you can never predict what they're gonna do."

"As for rewards, may I request a replacement set of those brass knuckles I got? I'm a man of humble needs and miniscule size, you see, and I do believe they'd make me a touch more effective at more than just telling other people what to do."

+5 Constitution, +5 Skill Specializations (new specialization: Potion Use).
True. But we take what we can get. And we tend to send the reliable ones on our more useful missions. To be honest, this one turned out far better than I expected, minus the death toll. He looks out a small window for a minute. It hasn't rained in Omega Base before. Did you know that? Never. He turns again to you. Oh those knuckles? Sure. We had a watchdog keep track of your excursion. He'll retrieve your original set, along with that sword, if he hasn't returned them already. We don't like leaving that kind of thing lying around.

Consider your brass knuckles back in your inventory. Also, level-up noted! Ding!

levelup: +5 to int, +5 to specialization.

"Statement: At least he managed to get himself killed before doing further harm.
Query: This one wouldn't mind an upgrade to itself. Perhaps some kind of system that allow this one to take magical energy from magical items or living organics, store it in itself or a battery and then use it for its spells?
Statmenet: having to use exlusively its own energy to power its magic is terribly inneficient."

Hmm. That is a challenging request. Ibelieve we would have to substantially upgrade your clockwork to make such a system effective. ((i.e. seems like a specialization or modification of a magical ability, so a stat up in the proper plae would be needed)) On the other hand, we do have some items that carry a stored magical charge. They regenerate over time, if not overused. The magic in each functions in a specific sphere, so you'll want to think on what types of magic you want to call upon before selecting the totems.

Level up noted. Ding!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 25, 2016, 01:25:47 pm »

"Statement: The totems seem like an adequate stopgap measure. This one mostly uses the arcane magic that fuels this one's clockwork magic, so a large or several small totems of that would be helpful. A small totem of electricity and ice that can charge this one's staff would be nice as well."

Clunkers shrugs, a strange movement for a being without muscles.

"Statement: This one will take what it can get."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:42 pm »

"Many thanks, sir. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some rest and recuperation to catch up on."

Out into the encampment with me then!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 27, 2016, 06:22:39 am »

"I'll be heading off as well."

Same here.

Also, level: 5 points into Constitution (no squishy wizard here!), 5 points into Specializations. New specialization healing magic.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 29, 2016, 08:29:57 am »

"Statement: The totems seem like an adequate stopgap measure. This one mostly uses the arcane magic that fuels this one's clockwork magic, so a large or several small totems of that would be helpful. A small totem of electricity and ice that can charge this one's staff would be nice as well."

Clunkers shrugs, a strange movement for a being without muscles.

"Statement: This one will take what it can get."

You get a set of three gears that are interlocked and rotate together:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and six knuckle-sized gems: three light blue with yellow streaks running through them and a smoky, cloudy discoloration in the center, and three which are bright white, but transparent/translucent. hmm. I have been giving out a lot of these one use per mission / day type objects. may as well make that a standard item in the Omega Inventory.

"Many thanks, sir. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some rest and recuperation to catch up on."

Out into the encampment with me then!
Off you go. it's wet down there. Watch your step.

"I'll be heading off as well."

Same here.

Also, level: 5 points into Constitution (no squishy wizard here!), 5 points into Specializations. New specialization healing magic.
Level up noted: Ding! also, you can keep that spell book you were given as mission equipment.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]