wait till after this fort for masterworks
- 8 (36.4%)
wait till im experienced in df then get masterworks
- 11 (50%)
other(explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 06, 2016, 03:33:30 pm

Author Topic: What should i do? (poll)  (Read 1578 times)

Mahdarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What should i do? (poll)
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:33:30 pm »

Im not sure...

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: What should i do? (poll)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »

I like masterwork and I play it on occasion but I think you should at least be familiar with the base game before you start playing mods. That way you at least know what dwarf fortress has to offer. Remember Toady does rely on all of us for reporting bugs and if you can't differentiate between what is and isn't normal dwarf fortress then you can't help out there.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:37:19 pm »

Masterwork is a tad more complex, has more workshops, more materials, races, etc. You can learn the basics here too, but I'd say it's better to learn with the vanilla game until at least you know how to grow food, distill booze and set up and arm your military.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 06:08:27 am »

Wait until you feel that you have explored vanilla properly before jumping into Masterwork. You get to refresh your experience after getting bored.